Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Red Bull have too much for Ferrari and luck favours Russell again with a safety car. Good to see Mercedes improving.

Bloody dull race though and WTF is that fake Marina about? Only in America

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The commentators kept telling me what a great, exciting race it was. I must be missing something as I found it excruciatingly dull.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well done Lando for livening it up at the end. Pretty soporific stuff otherwise.

Was it me or did Vettel say "Which Mike Hunt did that? when Mick Schu took him out?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I didn't watch the race but it seems I didn't miss too much.

Fair play to Verstappen. He's only finished 3 races(four if you count the sprint) and he's won them all.

We are in for what will hopefully be another tremendous battle at the top. I was thinking that Red Bull with their three dnfs are clearly the strongest car(when it's working) as they're only six points behind the Ferrari's. Then I remembered Sainz has had two dnfs so...I'm not sure where that would leave us if they'd all finished. I think Red Bull and Verstappen would both be ahead but not by much. Does anyone more knowledgeable/smarter than me know?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Fair play to Verstappen. He's only finished 3 races(four if you count the sprint) and he's won them all.

We are in for what will hopefully be another tremendous battle at the top. I was thinking that Red Bull with their three dnfs are clearly the strongest car(when it's working) as they're only six points behind the Ferrari's. Then I remembered Sainz has had two dnfs so...I'm not sure where that would leave us if they'd all finished. I think Red Bull and Verstappen would both be ahead but not by much. Does anyone more knowledgeable/smarter than me know?

You didn't. It was the return of sponsored traffic. I'd rather watch a race a Sochi.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Hard to say at this point I suppose. Ferrari have out qualifying the RBs in 4 of the 5 races. Ferrari have 7 podiums to RBs 5, RB have 3 retirements to Ferrari's 2. Max and Leclerc both out drove their team mates in the race yesterday, so both are getting considerably more out of their cars and are making that difference.

If MV had say finished 5th in both his retirement races, he'd be leading to the championship, so very fine margins.

I thought it was an interesting enough F1 race yesterday, however the 'DRS trains' seem to be happening more regularly in these cars than previous. Shows you can follow a slower car for longer periods, but still very difficult to pass hence these trains keep forming.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
WHISPER it...are Mercedes about to enter the fray in the Championship?

Russell 2nd and Hamilton 3rd in second practice in Barcelona

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
So far-

Bahrain- Quali HAM Race HAM
Saudi- Quali RUS Race RUS
Aus- Quali HAM Race RUS
Italy- Quali RUS Race RUS
USA- Quali RUS Race RUS
Spain- Quali RUS Race ?

I respect the fact that Merc are making big changes to setup, upgrades etc - but at the least- fair play to Russell for having a better season so far on paper. Interested to see what happens now if the car is much improved.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So far-

Bahrain- Quali HAM Race HAM
Saudi- Quali RUS Race RUS
Aus- Quali HAM Race RUS
Italy- Quali RUS Race RUS
USA- Quali RUS Race RUS
Spain- Quali RUS Race ?

I respect the fact that Merc are making big changes to setup, upgrades etc - but at the least- fair play to Russell for having a better season so far on paper. Interested to see what happens now if the car is much improved.

It’s certainly getting to Lewis, look at his comments after quali yesterday. In fairness Russell has had ALL the luck in the GPs so far. Good competition for Lewis though. I think he’ll come good, we’ll see

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It’s certainly getting to Lewis, look at his comments after quali yesterday. In fairness Russell has had ALL the luck in the GPs so far. Good competition for Lewis though. I think he’ll come good, we’ll see

Russell is clearly a very quick driver and will do well once the car is sorted.

The absolute star for me is Leclerc. i hope he completely outshines Red Bull this season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Russell is clearly a very quick driver and will do well once the car is sorted.

The absolute star for me is Leclerc. i hope he completely outshines Red Bull this season.

Agreed, thank God for Le Clerc, otherwise Max would be running away with it, even with a couple of DNFs.

What will be interesting if and when Mercedes sort the car as Lewis will be able to take the risks that Max has taken in the years before he was in contention. Look forward to watching those two go head to head as the season unfolds.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
RB looked good in FP2 in race trim

Suspect they'll go for the undercut on Leclerc

Last podium position looks interesting

Both mercs could give the number 2s a run for their money

Magnusson is driving superbly,bad news for Mick

I'd imagine his stock has gone down a little at the moment

Long way to go

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Recording this off the Virgin Media box to watch when we get back from the game. What's the odds I'll check NSC for the post game reaction, forget about the recording and click into this thread? Quite high I'd say.

Hopefully someone else will be mixing it up with Leclerc and Verstappen.

D

Deleted member 2719

Looks like a one-horse race in Spain and the Championship, unless Leclerc has reliability issues.

It's a Shame Maxs DRS is mucking about.

The gap is going to be enormous if George keeps parking the bus.

D

Deleted member 2719

Looks like a one-horse race in Spain and the Championship, unless Leclerc has reliability issues.

It's a Shame Maxs DRS is mucking about.

The gap is going to be enormous if George keeps parking the bus.

:clap: On cue Leclerc has a reliability issue..........we now have a world championship battle again! With lots of other action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here