Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky sports: Villa interested in Biss

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
They went after Smith Rowe in the summer as well. Ambitious to say the least.

The funny thing is a club won't really make a bid unless it's been communicated by a player's agent that they may be interested in a move. Clubs don't want to embarrass themselves with bids being accepted and then being turned down by the player

Be interesting to see if a bid comes in for Biss.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
1) Bullock and James got divorced in 2010.

2) The other Jesse James was not involved in the Gunfight at the OK Corral. That was between the Earp family and The Cowboys, a bunch of outlaws led by Ike & Billy Clanton. Jesse James was part of the James-Younger gang and was killed by Robert Ford one of the gang members. When the battle at the OK Corral, which is in Arizona, took place James was already hiding out in Missouri trying to avoid law enforcement, a distance of around 1,300 miles.

Any news on the whereabouts of the Cincinnati Kid these days ?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If it was United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc then I could see Biss make some noise about the move and put a little pressure on the club to accept an offer, but for Villa no thanks, he wont be that excited. It would take a monster offer for Biss or the club to even take notice.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I am old enought to see Villa play us at the Goldstone in the old third div.!

Me too. Both my grandfathers were Villa supporters, those games in 71/2 and 72/3 were big games for me at the time. I definitely went to the one in 72/3, but I don’t think I did the first one (but as I was only 6 my memory is hazy on that!).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Sky Sports' Dharmesh Sheth:

"I'm told today Villa are interested in Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma

So his mate, who also works at Sky Sports mentions over the washbasins in the men's bogs, that Villa are interested in Biss. Right.......

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I’ve got a sneaky feeling Biss will sign a new contract with a massive buy-out clause once his legal problems are behind him.

The fact that the club have shown such levels of trust in him throughout the situation will mean a lot and he clearly loves being here. A new 4 year deal with a £60,000,000 buyout clause for when one of the proper big boys come in for him, not Aston f*cking Villa. Personally think it’ll be Manchester United he ends up at - he’s better than Matic, Fred & McTomminay combined ffs.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So his mate, who also works at Sky Sports mentions over the washbasins in the men's bogs, that Villa are interested in Biss. Right.......

Today's Times has mentioned it too, but as you say, it could be the same story just recirculating. However, the Chinese money behind Villa definitely would mean that they could afford a big bid, and they do appear top be backing Gerrard.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ve got a sneaky feeling Biss will sign a new contract with a massive buy-out clause once his legal problems are behind him.

The fact that the club have shown such levels of trust in him throughout the situation will mean a lot and he clearly loves being here.

Amen.

I think the BS Villa rumour is all part of the contract negotiations.

Biss knows he is loved by the fans. He loves them back and considers Potter a father figure etc.

But, as you say, there will be a clear clause in the contract along the lines of …….’if a champions league team offer more than £60m, the club will be obliged to accept the bid’.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Amen.

I think the BS Villa rumour is all part of the contract negotiations.

Biss knows he is loved by the fans. He loves them back and considers Potter a father figure etc.

But, as you say, there will be a clear clause in the contract along the lines of …….’if a champions league team offer more than £60m, the club will be obliged to accept the bid’.

Given how much he obviously loves it here, the connection with the fans, how we've supported him through a difficult time, his good relationship with Potter, and the fact we've given him such great opportunity in the Prem, you would hope he'd be very open to a deal that gives him a wage bump, but ensures we get top dollar when he eventually does move on. You'd think he would be happy to play a part in Albion getting that financial boost. He should see Ben White as an example of how things will play out.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I’m not sure it says anything at all considering this ‘thick as mince Palace fan” learned that Mendy, who has been accused of eight offences against five different women, including seven counts of rape relating to four women, was released on bail today.

So what exactly does it say to you about Biss then, that I’m too thick to understand?

See if you can understand this. Bissouma has been released. No bail conditions. He can go wherever he wants and does not have to report to the police or the court at any time. The proviso is that, according to the police, "investigations are continuing". He was on bail for 3 months whilst they investigated. They collected no evidence in that time that would enable them to charge him, and no potential avenues of enquiry that would warrant extending his bail further

Some of the thick as mince palace fans are already giving it targe on twitter with the usual sex offender nonsense and, according to some of them, he only got off because he's a prem footballer. See Mendy as an example.......Oh.

Last edited:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
You don't seem to understand how bail works and the significance of being free, or not, from bail conditions.

You’re quite right, I don’t really understand how bail works seeing both players are currently out on conditional bail.

Please explain the difference, I’m always happy to be educated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here