Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky sports: Villa interested in Biss

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Think he will go for 35m in the summer. Liverpool are crying out for a player like him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
If he pops in with anything near a decent Afcon performance... that's 50m any day of the week... but not until the summer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I’m not sure it says anything at all considering this ‘thick as mince Palace fan” learned that Mendy, who has been accused of eight offences against five different women, including seven counts of rape relating to four women, was released on bail today.

So what exactly does it say to you about Biss then, that I’m too thick to understand?
You don't seem to understand how bail works and the significance of being free, or not, from bail conditions.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
These asset stripping attempts are getting up my 'ooter..... Lamptey, Biss, Cucurela ... in the summer maybe, but not yet.... we were lucky to hang on to Locadia for so long, I felt sure Barcelona or Bayern would have stolen him long before Bochum got lucky

Supporting a club of BHA’s stature, especially at the top table (the PL) is always a double edged sword - while you want success and results, the price for that is the sharks circling so you’re never fully able to enjoy that success, or even want too much of it so you and your assets stay under the radar. Potter to Man Utd anyone? ???

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Players come players go :shrug: The fee is irrelevant to us lot we get no say in how it’s spent or not spent don’t understand the fuss about any fee tbh.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The reality is, if he had two years in his deal he would be a £60m player. He doesn't, and he's still on his original deal, so probably not on more than £50k a week.

I guess the club would be prepared to make him a top earner along with Dunk, what's that £120k? And include a deal to go to any champions league club that meets valuation. You'd like to think that the support he's has from the club that he'd like to stay, but I can't see us letting him go on a free next summer, so it's likely hell go for around £20m this summer.
Dunk on £120k? Are you sure? I would have thought nearer £80k or am I missing something?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
They are still a vastly bigger club.

Few English clubs have been more successful than Aston Villa.

True. Though you’d have to be well over a hundred to remember most of it and 50-ish for the rest.

Pre 1920 - 6 FA Cups, 6 League titles
Since 1920 - 1 FA Cup (1957), 1 League title (1981), 1 European Cup (1982), 5 League Cups.

So 8 trophies in more than 100 years. Hardly dominant.

Last edited:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
True. Though you’d have to be well over a hundred to remember most of it and 50-ish for the rest.

Pre 1920 - 6 FA Cups, 6 League titles
Since 1920 - 1 FA Cup (1957), 1 League title (1981), 1 European Cup (1982), 5 League Cups.

So 8 trophies in more than 100 years. Hardly dominant.

True. Still the 7th most successful club though.

Would have been higher had Chelsea and Manchester City not bought success over recent years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_honours_won

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
1) Bullock and James got divorced in 2010.

2) The other Jesse James was not involved in the Gunfight at the OK Corral. That was between the Earp family and The Cowboys, a bunch of outlaws led by Ike & Billy Clanton. Jesse James was part of the James-Younger gang and was killed by Robert Ford one of the gang members. When the battle at the OK Corral, which is in Arizona, took place James was already hiding out in Missouri trying to avoid law enforcement, a distance of around 1,300 miles.

Talking of which, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" is a very good film which I am happy to recommend... although I'm not sure how well its depiction of historical events and characters will withstand your analytical pedantry.

Edit: Incidentally, I'm sure you won't mind me pointing out, your post made the valid point that the Gunfight was between the Earp family and the Clantons. While this is technically correct, for the sake of historical accuracy I think it should be mentioned that the gunfight also included the participation of Doc Holliday, who while fighting on the side of the Earps, wasn't actually a member of their family.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We are the Biss stepping stone, his next move will be to a top 4 club or RM or Barce... he won't want another stepping stone like Villa or Newcastle... he knows it's just a matter of time.

Paris or London I reckon.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Villa? Villa? FFS . .Burnley were a big club once too.

I don't see Biss going to Spain, he'll only go for money, so London or Paris.

Intersting to see Ake playing for Cite last night, their phoilosophy seems to be buy other teams best players to keep them at bay. Even if they sit on the bench. See Sock boy.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Talking of which, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" is a very good film which I am happy to recommend... although I'm not sure how well its depiction of historical events and characters will withstand your analytical pedantry.

Edit: Incidentally, I'm sure you won't mind me pointing out, your post made the valid point that the Gunfight was between the Earp family and the Clantons. While this is technically correct, for the sake of historical accuracy I think it should be mentioned that the gunfight also included the participation of Doc Holliday, who while fighting on the side of the Earps, wasn't actually a member of their family.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford is an excellent film. It might be a bit slow and too long for some but I really enjoyed it. Films always take some liberty with historical accuracy for the sake of dramatic interpretation but by all accounts it is one of the more historically accurate films made about the life of Jesse James.

I know Doc Holiday was part of the gunfight, although not actually part of the family he was a very close ally of the Earp family and part of their posse for many years, he was even temporarily deputised as a policeman to take part in the gunfight with the Earps to try and avoid any legal backlash. I didn’t think I needed to mention every participant just like I didn’t mention the other members of the Cowboys that were present like Tom and Frank McLaury, and Billy Claiborne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here