Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The new Resident Evil series has had really bad reviews but I'm rather enjoying it.

Also watched The Gray Man. Fun, some great snappy dialogue, good action sequences but bogged down with poor CGI and too much close-up shakey cam.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Watched The Guard last night - very entertaining, great cast. Centres around a potential serial killer, and a huge drug smuggling operation, which sees Don Cheadle's FBI agent "teaming up" with Brendan Gleeson, the local police/Garda (Guard) in the area. Sounds very serious and heavy going, but is the opposite really. Came out in 2011 but I think has just "landed" on Netflix.

I'll second this. Cracking film. Looked for it a while back and couldn't find it on any of the streaming services so great news it's on Netflix.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I know this is very old news but I'm a late comer to Stranger Things. Half way through season 3 now and I absolutely love it! Would highly recommend.

Just finished season 4 which I really enjoyed. Some great use of music and a couple of really good new side characters.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The Movies That Made Us - started watching this in the week. Really really good insights into some classic films. I've watched Robocop and Home Alone so far.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Trainwreck: Woodstock 99 is well worth a watch - 3 part doco about a huge festival in NY state that was supposed to embody the woodstock spirit, but which got just a tad out of hand. Darker version of the Fyre one that came out a few years ago

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Trainwreck: Woodstock 99 is well worth a watch - 3 part doco about a huge festival in NY state that was supposed to embody the woodstock spirit, but which got just a tad out of hand. Darker version of the Fyre one that came out a few years ago

Saw this. Found it hard to watch because of all the douche-bag, yank frat boy teenagers. Listening to Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit. They grate on me so much. My least favourite type of human.

But I recall when this happened. Big deal at the time. Nasty.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
the douche-bag, yank frat boy teenagers. Listening to Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit. They grate on me so much. My least favourite type of human.

This, The Reverend Horton Heat attracts a fair numb of these “Jocks” at his gigs in America which I’ve seen first hand as he plays a lot of Student type venues etc, with local indie bands, and also is probably the only Psychobilly that gets any air time on radios. They are complete self entitled ego maniacs, thinking their so different yet being so stereotypical of their white privilege allows them. A large group turned up at a gig in LA to see him, but he was on a bill they failed to take any notice too, anyway they turned up all Charlie big Bollox, being a bit aggressive thinking they are cool etc. As the evening gets underway the venue fills with Mexican Psychobillys to see the Rev, and four other psychobilly bands including our very own Brighton band Long Tall Texans, the “indie jocks” started being derogatory towards the Mexican Psychobillys, slapping the girls arses, laughing at the mens hair, etc, and being dicks in the wrecking, by doing the circle thing, instead of standing your ground, Mark told me during one of their songs it all kicked off and 40 of them were absolutely battered and dragged and dumped outside, while they continued playing, he said it was great, it was just like 80s in Brighton when trendies would accidentally walk into the Richmond or likewise taking the piss.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The Movies That Made Us - started watching this in the week. Really really good insights into some classic films. I've watched Robocop and Home Alone so far.

The Nightmare on Elm Street one is good too.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

Yeah good little series that. Lots of behind the scenes stories on how some massive movies almost never made it to screen and could of had different casts etc.

I recently got round to watching a couple of things that have been on my list for ages.

Adam Sandler 100% Fresh. I know he's not for everyone but really enjoyed this stand up and comedy songs, proper giggles. Also like how it was filmed over lots of different venues rather than the usual just one night.

Don't Look Up. I'm a big fan of disaster / end of the world movies (yes I even like the day after tomorrow) so starting watching and was thinking 'this is a bit rubbish' until I twigged that its actually a satire. Actually ended up quite enjoying it. Favourite bit was the final scene in the end credits.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Watched it last night. Was expecting it to be sensationalised nonsense and to be honest from what I saw days one and two were. That final night though......that looked full on.

As one of the talking heads correctly pointed now it would people expressing their rage via TikTok.

As you say worth a watch.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Sandman is very good. A pretty faithful adaptation of Neil Gaiman's incredible story.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Woodstock 99 has to be watched for the Beavis and Butthead duo interviewed, the blond guy with the outrageous mullet, who is just a caricature rather than an actual person, and his mate with the bleached teeth, not to mention the creepy promoter Michael (RIP) with his ‘perm’ and paedophile short shorts.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Extraordinary Attorney Woo bloody good!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Better Call Saul.....quite a slow finish compared to how fast paced it had been but I don't see that a negative as it was beautifully and very cleverly done.

Still doesn't quite topple Breaking Bad for me but it's close.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Black Bird, superb prison drama

Think it might be on Apple TV and not Netflix, unsure as I watch on TV app on Firestick

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Better Call Saul.....quite a slow finish compared to how fast paced it had been but I don't see that a negative as it was beautifully and very cleverly done.

Still doesn't quite topple Breaking Bad for me but it's close.

Amazing series, I’d put it ahead of Breaking Bad, but I can see an argument for both.

It’s right up there in terms of greatest ever TV series. Perhaps only The Wire & Sopranos that can top it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here