Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
They are all nothingness stories. Nothing has been proven. If Sue White finds that there were breaches then these were simple honest mistakes. If they weren't simple honest mistakes, Johnson has already apologised. The electorate are not interested.

Sue White, you say? Excellent. Should make for a fun report. :lol:

D86CD003-241A-4C68-B27B-45F03ECD7E34.jpeg

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Nadine Dorries
(@NadineDorries)
So, when people in an office buy a cake in the middle of the afternoon for someone else they are working in the office with and stop for ten minutes to sing happy birthday and then go back to their desks, this is now called a party?

January 24, 2022

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Jessica Elgot
(@jessicaelgot)
Cabinet office source gets in touch to say that apparently the folder already existed - Gray was already aware of this gathering... https://t.co/IOGxjwXbZf

January 24, 2022

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Nadine Dorries
(@NadineDorries)
So, when people in an office buy a cake in the middle of the afternoon for someone else they are working in the office with and stop for ten minutes to sing happy birthday and then go back to their desks, this is now called a party?

January 24, 2022

She's such a....what's the word....c**t.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It angers me that all the while Johnson has been whimpering and apologising he knew damned well there were other parties. And no doubt more to come.
I want him gone. Resignation, ousting, anvil on the head. Anything. Just go man! For God’s sake.

This. The man makes me want to puke he's such a w****r.

While I can’t stand our racist liar of a PM, am utterly bored of the parties saga and don’t think it ranks among the top 100 worst things he’s done, It’s a real nail Al Capone for taxes type stuff

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
She's such a....what's the word....c**t.

Once she swallowed a kangaroo's anus on tv for cash so, she's got previous for arse licking.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1485700654354083851[/tweet]

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I am indifferent to any party TBH.

I really couldn’t care less either way. I admit I didn’t always comply with lockdown rules. I know many who didn’t.

But why is this an issue now? If there was a party in lockdown in 2020, why are we hearing about it now in 2022?

I really couldn’t care less either way. I admit I didn’t always comply with lockdown rules. I know many who didn’t.

But why is this an issue now? If there was a party in lockdown in 2020, why are we hearing about it now in 2022?

Because the Tory Establishment want rid of Johnson without endangering any changes in actual policy, you know the important bit that affects all of us. The cake thing is the most dumbest yet

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

:facepalm:

Perhaps you should ask the relatives of some of the Covid dead who couldn't go to a funeral in 2020 because of Boris's rules. Can't imagine Her Majesty is particularly impressed either.

Still, well done for not caring about killing people.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Ignoring your indifference to Johnson's scant regard for the covid guidance/rules/regulations, and failure to stick to what he expected others too, for very good reason, this is an interesting question.

It was always an issue, that's not really in question, but why now is.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I can’t compute how some people don’t understand that leaders are supposed to lead. They should set an example which others follow. It smacks as the opposite of leadership to say one thing and do the complete opposite.

I have said this before but imagine lewis dunk shirking a tackle due to worry of getting hurt and then seeing him shout at someone else for doing the same thing. Obviously he wouldn’t do this because leaders set an example.

My birthday is in June. My dad visited that day in 2020. Not sad and his mrs. Just dad. Why? Because one more would have made 7 people in my garden.

My daughters had their birthday in early June. Granny visited. Couldn’t even give her grandchildren a hug even though it was the first time she had seen them for months. Grandad couldn’t come too because that would have been 7.

As for the explanation “it wasn’t for very long” - how long do they think a cremation takes? Ffs.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Anyone else sick to ****ing death of all this party stuff? It's hardly shocking that a government of entitled public school boys thought the rules didn't apply to them. It's not a revelation that the PM is wholly unsuitable for the role. And it's not news that the political class of this country despise us.

It's also no surprise that the media class has been all but complicit at every step. I'm far more ****ed off that the lobby hacks had all these stories months ago, and kept them under wraps. I'm also ****ed off that they're drip-feeding them to us week by week to drag this shit out.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can’t compute how some people don’t understand that leaders are supposed to lead. They should set an example which others follow. It smacks as the opposite of leadership to say one thing and do the complete opposite.

Agree. Those who lead, who seek the highest office are called to a higher standard of behaviour than those they aspire to lead.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Well this happened.

The Daily Mirror had known of rumours of parties going back over a year but didn't have enough evidence to get a story together.

Then out of the blue some evidence came their way. It was never anything that would bring the Government down, but made a newsworthy story as the Government were [deciding/arguing internally] what the rules were to be this year.

Completely independently, ITV had got hold of a leaked video of a press conference rehearsal. Completely meaningless in itself (although embarrassing, we never saw the rest) it contained footage of Allegra Stratton attempting to bat away questions about a Christmas Party, making jokes about "cheese and wine” and "definitely no social distancing.”

ITV isn't the News Of The World so it just sat on it for months.

It was only when The Mirror released their story that ITV knew they had something. Although the press conference wasn't real, then maybe the questions weren't hypothetical at all ?

They released their story the next day. Allegra Stratton resigned, crying.

Also uncovered was a full on party by members of the Conservative Party's candidate for the London Mayoral elections within Tory HQ.

They were internally disciplined at the time, but story was kept secret.

When the press got hold of that Shaun Bailey resigned as Chair of the Police and Crime Committee which he should have done at the time.

Since then the whole thing has exploded, mainly driven by guilty staff who are tired of the culture within Downing Street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here