Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk out until January!?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’ve never had any problems with my knees at all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve never had any problems with my knees at all.

I did when I played cricket a lot (opening bowler, loads of stress), and then later in life when I was very much overweight, but since I started running and lost a few pounds they've been fine (so running doesn't **** your knees up, but being fat does in my experience).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We won’t miss his goals this season. We have comfortably scored the least goals from corners in the EPL so far.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Am 8 weeks post surgery for meniscus tear and back to running and pretty much full fitness. Recovery depends on extent of tear and the amount of Gucci kit for recovery.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I did when I played cricket a lot (opening bowler, loads of stress), and then later in life when I was very much overweight, but since I started running and lost a few pounds they've been fine (so running doesn't **** your knees up, but being fat does in my experience).

Getting tackled by middle aged fat gits ****ed my knees up.

Once I'd had another op and recovered I could play squash, cycle, rune etc . .every now and then I get a bit of gyp but I think I got off lightly.

Having said that, I played an hour football with my lad, his mates and a few dads a couple of years ago, then followed it with an hours cricket, mostly bowling . . . Knee went and couldn't walk much for three days!:facepalm:

scooter1

How soon is now?
3 arths, I partial medial ligament tear, 1 ruptured ACL and no cartilage, all in the right knee. Now have to wear an unloader brace which separates the knee joint when I’m walking to give the bone on bone a rest. The winter months are the worst, when the cold gets into the joints.
Hopefully Dunk will be back soon, And as much as I want to go to the game on Sunday, a little bit of me is hoping for a postponement to give our players a little bit more recovery time

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
3 arths, I partial medial ligament tear, 1 ruptured ACL and no cartilage, all in the right knee. Now have to wear an unloader brace which separates the knee joint when I’m walking to give the bone on bone a rest. The winter months are the worst, when the cold gets into the joints.
Hopefully Dunk will be back soon, And as much as I want to go to the game on Sunday, a little bit of me is hoping for a postponement to give our players a little bit more recovery time

And you have to keep walking to maintain all the surrounding areas . . . Circles are vicious, but needs must

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It's not great but, after Spurs, Burn, Duffy and Veltman as our 3 centre backs is not the end of our season. I seem to recall Moder has played there and even Roberts and Turns could probably do a job with a couple of experienced heads along side. A bit anxious yes, but panicking no. We'll be fine.

Veltman has four yellows too so will be suspended for one of the games no doubt.

Clarke or ostigard will be recalled in january.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
:lolol:o
I've had 3 arthroscopies, 1 meniscus removed totally, 1 partial replacement and a partridge in a pear tree.

He'll be back.

I can beat that, I’ve had at least four arthroscopies , total knee replacements in both knees and for good measure, a big op on my right knee for osteochondritis dissicans.
The OD op was almost 60 years ago following an injury at school doing the high jump.
Knees? I hate ‘em.
You’d have hoped that evolution could have come up with a better design.:D
I’m glad the partridge was in a pear tree, it could have been worse.:laugh::laugh:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Veltman has four yellows too so will be suspended for one of the games no doubt.

Clarke or ostigard will be recalled in january.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lallana, Bissouma and Maupay are also one away ::eek::eek: Looks like they’re all looking to miss the stupid Boxing Day ko time as well

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lallana, Bissouma and Maupay are also one away ::eek::eek: Looks like they’re all looking to miss the stupid Boxing Day ko time as well

I hope not.. much prefer if they miss the United game. The Boxing Day game against Brentford is defo very winable and important.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have just heard from my super secret sauce that Dunk will NOT need an operation on his knee, meaning it’s going to be weeks not months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here