Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I see the walking wickets lived up to their reputations.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just woke up to the expected news of an England collapse.
Did Root honestly choose to bat 1st on this?
a9f2db1f04fa8ba7b4c634db0ecced68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blimey you could graze Sheep on that...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
England have a terrible record on this ground

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I was at the Gabba in 02 when Nasser won the toss and bowled. That went well. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Getting out first ball to a jammy half volley on leg stump just about sums it up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was at the Gabba in 02 when Nasser won the toss and bowled. That went well. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Getting out first ball to a jammy half volley on leg stump just about sums it up.

The BT Sport commentators were heavily suggesting it was an intentional Aussie tactic for Burns.

I thought that was utter bullshit and it was just a wayward first delivery. Not as wayward as Harmison's famous opener though, obvs.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sad thing is it was all too predictable. English cricket (red ball cricket) is an absolute shambles. I am amazed how many pundits predicted it would be relatively tight, I assume to gain some interest in it. Our record this year has been appalling, we seem to continue to obsess ourselves with the Ashes and planning for it, as we have this series, over a year in advance and still manage to turn up in absolutely hopeless form and no fixed idea what the team should be. Perhaps if we actually focused on winning each series as it comes and on its merits we might actually turn up for an Ashes with players in some sort of form and confidence.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just AFTER tea actually. Smart arse

I switched off at 11/3 and was quite surprised they lasted as long as they did TBH

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I blame Nasser for this. Ever since he did what he did no English captain is ever going to be brave enough to bowl first at the Gabba again.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In fairness crodo, England can't really be blamed for the lack of preparation that has led to this mess.

Do you think, given the way the batting has functioned over this calendar year particularly, but beyond that period had they got a couple of decent warm ups in they'd have performed any better than they did?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Well a knock about in a car park with a stick and a tennis ball would have helped our openers.

appallingly amateurish start, also very funny and predictable.

At least we have some good bowlers. . . oh.

more rain please.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
The BT Sport commentators were heavily suggesting it was an intentional Aussie tactic for Burns.

I thought that was utter bullshit and it was just a wayward first delivery. Not as wayward as Harmison's famous opener though, obvs.

Looked like a poor ball to me, usual pace bowler's legside loosener. The trouble was Burns played all around it. A poor ball but a poorer shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here