• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just from looking at the BBC summary, it looks quite impressive (as has Sunak as Chancellor generally). Do wonder where the money is going to come from though, bearing in mind the transitional cost of the B word and the far greater cost of the Covid plague. Hope it's not just smoke and mirrors.

It appears that the Government's Office for Budget Responsibility has the diametrically opposing view to yourself

Impact of Brexit on economy 'worse than Covid'

The impact of Brexit on the UK economy will be worse in the long run compared to the coronavirus pandemic, the chairman of the Office for Budget Responsibility has said. Richard Hughes said leaving the EU would reduce the UK's potential GDP by about 4% in the long term. He said forecasts showed the pandemic would reduce GDP "by a further 2%".

"In the long term it is the case that Brexit has a bigger impact than the pandemic", he told the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59070020

Still, what does he know :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It appears that the Government's Office for Budget Responsibility has the diametrically opposing view to yourself

Impact of Brexit on economy 'worse than Covid'

The impact of Brexit on the UK economy will be worse in the long run compared to the coronavirus pandemic, the chairman of the Office for Budget Responsibility has said. Richard Hughes said leaving the EU would reduce the UK's potential GDP by about 4% in the long term. He said forecasts showed the pandemic would reduce GDP "by a further 2%".

"In the long term it is the case that Brexit has a bigger impact than the pandemic", he told the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59070020

Still, what does he know :shrug:
Well, since he's changed his tune from three months ago, your last sentence seems very apposite. But - this is not the place for a B debate - it would be entirely inappropriate, so I'm out. If I ever want to wander into the confirmation bias ridden world of that thread, I would (but I shan't).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, since he's changed his tune from three months ago, your last sentence seems very apposite. But - this is not the place for a B debate - it would be entirely inappropriate, so I'm out. If I ever want to wander into the confirmation bias ridden world of that thread, I would (but I shan't).

Well of course, you wouldn't want to go anywhere near THAT debate. It's now been negotiated, signed off and it's documented and factual and not just a matter of opinions anymore.

But this thread certainly thread isn't the place, even though you raised it here. I'll see you over there :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here