NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Stat's are going all the way up to Birmingham. :rave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Be careful its dangerous out there.......

Ain't that the truth.

For the first game of the season Jnr was appalled by the deep seated urban decay as we went through Fittleworth.

The grim north of North Rusper is going to blow his mind.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Are you seriously suggesting any team would allow another to score because the technology failed to spot the ball going over the line? There is no comparison with that looking like you're going to kick the ball out but then playing on when a player is down.

I'm getting the impression that your real team is Birmingham!!!

Well I do have a lot of relatives from that area and it’s not hard to find fans in the family of all the Midlands clubs, so I do follow the teams there. But I have lived in Hove since the late 60s aged 4, first game Rochdale home in 1972, so take from that what you will!

In terms of the other point, I can tell you that there was a lot of fuss at that time about that very suggestion, that Villa had played the moral high ground card for the Leeds game yet not when tables were turned for Sheffield United when they already knew at half time a good goal had been chalked off because the technology failed. Personally I don’t agree with this whole thing of walking a goal in and believe they should always play to the whistle so I wouldn’t think either goal was justified but to turn your argument around you are saying that the 2 examples are so different that one deserves a goal to be walked in and one does not, which is also a somewhat flimsy stance to hold.

I’m getting the impression that your real team is Aston Villa!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now I'm wondering which dug out GPott will be sat in?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well I do have a lot of relatives from that area and it’s not hard to find fans in the family of all the Midlands clubs, so I do follow the teams there. But I have lived in Hove since the late 60s aged 4, first game Rochdale home in 1972, so take from that what you will!

In terms of the other point, I can tell you that there was a lot of fuss at that time about that very suggestion, that Villa had played the moral high ground card for the Leeds game yet not when tables were turned for Sheffield United when they already knew at half time a good goal had been chalked off because the technology failed. Personally I don’t agree with this whole thing of walking a goal in and believe they should always play to the whistle so I wouldn’t think either goal was justified but to turn your argument around you are saying that the 2 examples are so different that one deserves a goal to be walked in and one does not, which is also a somewhat flimsy stance to hold.

I’m getting the impression that your real team is Aston Villa!!!

You beat me by a year, my first game was 73 when Clough was manager, v Colchester.

I agree about playing to the whistle unless it's a head injury (or clearly a very serious injury) and even then the ref should be the one stopping the game anyway. But footballers seem to have a 'etiquette' especially in this case when it appeared they were going to kick the ball out. I don't think any team that are fighting relegation, as Villa were, would let a team walk a goal in just because the technology failed, it is no different to a ref missing a blatant hand ball in the box.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
You beat me by a year, my first game was 73 when Clough was manager, v Colchester.

I agree about playing to the whistle unless it's a head injury (or clearly a very serious injury) and even then the ref should be the one stopping the game anyway. But footballers seem to have a 'etiquette' especially in this case when it appeared they were going to kick the ball out. I don't think any team that are fighting relegation, as Villa were, would let a team walk a goal in just because the technology failed, it is no different to a ref missing a blatant hand ball in the box.

Oh yes, Brian Clough. I still remember the day of the 8-2 like it was yesterday!

I 100% get what you are saying but it starts to get a bit ‘grey’ when the moral card is played. Of course no one expected Villa to say that the dodgy disallowed goal should be reinstated, and in the end it kept them up. But what if their opponents that day had been the team directly impacted, Bournemouth, or it was the last game of the season and was the actual game that decided things? Or what if it had happened in the Leeds game just after Leeds had made that gesture? Not an easy one, I think most clubs would have done what Villa did, but it was just an observation that they made a lot of fuss at Leeds to benefit from their goodwill gesture, they were also the beneficiaries of the fact that Sheffield United didn’t make the same fuss for the VAR goal or that they weren’t Leeds or Bournemouth!

I actually started disliking Villa when my Villa supporting grandfather kept showing me the League tables with them above Albion in the 70s, I still have my original Wembley board game showing then as a third division team!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Just snapped up 2 in the front of the corner for me and the boy so a happy ending thanks to going to Swansea home game. Now time to build his points up further.

There were 25 left in the lower corner and some singles dotted about the other front tier.

Doesn’t look like we’ve taken P9 (yet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be prepared for dogs abuse from the 'yoof' to your right.... they get quite gobby, especially if the game isnt going their way.... but that's the fun of tribal footy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Be prepared for dogs abuse from the 'yoof' to your right.... they get quite gobby, especially if the game isnt going their way.... but that's the fun of tribal footy.

He’s 14 now so probably gets worse at school :lolol:

The only grounds he’s been away to before are Charlton, Fulham and Arsenal. I’ve told him it’ll not be like any of those.

Time we had a proper away day together. Luckily he loves hotdogs so Birmingham Christmas Market here we come. Did I hear someone say “gluhwein”?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He’s 14 now so probably gets worse at school [emoji38]ol:

The only grounds he’s been away to before are Charlton, Fulham and Arsenal. I’ve told him it’ll not be like any of those.

Time we had a proper away day together. Luckily he loves hotdogs so Birmingham Christmas Market here we come. Did I hear someone say “gluhwein”?

Pah.... curry street vendors... it's the way to go.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Still 244 available in Q1 (corner)………no sign of other upper tiers appearing…….

Will be interesting to see if the remainder sell tomorrow when all season ticket holders can buy and if they do whether another upper tier will open ?
The thing i find a little strange is that it was the middle one of the upper tiers that opened first with all 3 of the bottom ones , i felt sure that this was an indication that at least one more of those would open but maybe sales are not going quite as well as we all expected and the club are being right to be cautious . Several people at the start of this thread were convinced we would sell out 3000 , but must say it is looking much less likely now .

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
P9 now available. Let’s hope we can sell the whole block. I have mine now thankfully.

Just seen previous post - I get it POTG but at least you’re always guaranteed a ticket seemingly

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
P9 now available.

'kin joke.

Going to start waiting until we’ve sold out the initial allocation before buying in future if this carries on…….this approach will also contribute to even more people ignoring their seat numbers and squashing in with their mates where they want. Possibly worst for those in T2/3 who have to scramble to pick up often shit seats, only for better ones to go on general sale a few days later.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Going to start waiting until we’ve sold out the initial allocation before buying in future if this carries on…….this approach will also contribute to even more people ignoring their seat numbers and squashing in with their mates where they want. Possibly worst for those in T2/3 who have to scramble to pick up often shit seats, only for better ones to go on general sale a few days later.

Sadly spot on, as if anyone 'up there' gives a monkey's.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010

Hopefully not too many T1, T2, and T3 folks hold back or sales may be slow enough that even if initial allocation eventually sells, the club do not take up the better space at all...

We're all guessing what the Albion's procedures are for away allocations. It might well be different for each game as the home club have different constraints. It would be good to clear the air so we all know what is going on and I can't see why the club would have a problem sharing this info. Sounds like a good topic for the next fan's forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here