Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Citeh fans

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Who gives a **** what they think?! After the money came in decent City fans were diluted with so many armchair fans that throw a strop when they don’t win every trophy going. Little point in reading and giving value to a lot of their opinions.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I remember at the time being thoroughly puzzled by all their talk about us kicking them off the park - and think it was discussed on the match thread, or one similar to this. I think it was because they wanted to be 'protected' as they were playing in the Champions League final a week or so later - and so felt that as it was a dead rubber to them, then it should just have been a gentle training session or almost a friendly. And then were put out when it turned into an actual proper football match with competing for the ball, and tackling and nasty stuff like that.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Didn’t mind city till had some interactions with them outside Wembley after the FA cup semi.

Self entitled twats

Where they couldn't sell their ticket Allocation.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Don't mind City fans as a rule. I've got a mate who supports them and he was in the away end when they won the league at our gaff. I went out for a drink with a few of them after the game and had a cracking evening.

There's a lot of bollocks on that forum about how we kicked them off the park, but it's the usual shite you see on every teams messageboard. I assume people feel the same way after reading some of the absolute guff on here. The only thing that really stands out is the conspiracy stuff... That appears to just be one cretin trying too hard to copy what he's seen fans of actual big clubs doing.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Even if they win on Saturday our disappointment will be nothing like they felt at the Amex last season so I think we'll have credit in the bank of gloat for quite some time yet.

Err, they'd just won the league hadn't they?! I don't think any of their fans would have given too much of a shit, and certainly won't by now!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Don't mind City fans as a rule. I've got a mate who supports them...

Same, and he always looks out for Brighton scores and texts when we've played. He loves the way the club is run, loves the way we play, and is always pleased when we get a result. He's supported Citeh since the 1970's so knows what it's like to see a team on the down, then on the up.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This the best post:

‘ Is it just me or do these usually kick us off the park with impunity. Will be a tough one 2-1 city’
(M16 Citeh).

Not only did he imagine a dirty game last season he seems to have re-imagined our previous games where we played pretty football, barely made a challenge and invariably got stuffed. It’s a funny old world.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Where they couldn't sell their ticket Allocation.
We hadn't been to an FA Cup semi final in 36 years and we hadn't been to Wembley in 28 years.

But for Citeh, that semi final wasn't even their biggest game that week - they had a ECL semi final and a crucial league six pointer coming up within seven days of that game. And that Wembley semi final wasn't cheap, especially including the cost of travel from Manchester.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Can't wait for the city fans to tell me once again how hard it is being a city fan because they were the third tier, once. Pretty sure that league one playoff final must have been the most attended game of football of all time, considering half of Manchester has said 'they were there'. My favourite thing about City's fanbase though is the sheer amount of Liam Gallagher clones, it actually is hilarious to see the number of blokes in parker jackets and his hairdo sauntering around the Etihad when I've been there.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
This the best post:

‘ Is it just me or do these usually kick us off the park with impunity. Will be a tough one 2-1 city’
(M16 Citeh).

Not only did he imagine a dirty game last season he seems to have re-imagined our previous games where we played pretty football, barely made a challenge and invariably got stuffed. It’s a funny old world.

I would comment on that City fan's post, but my conscience tells me it's wrong to mock the unfortunate product of an experiment to replace a human's brain with that of a shrew.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They are just a little club who are living off dirty money. Most of their so called fans never went before the money poored in. Self entitled wan*ers the lot of them.

We can throw many accusations in City's direction, but 'little club'? I don't think so. They still hold the attendance record for a club ground and are eighth in the all-time table. Blimey, on that measure they're even bigger than Sheffield Wednesday and European Champions Leeds!

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spo...stoke-city-average-attendance-history-4100242

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The City fans I know are really good people and they were all around when they were sh*t, proper football fans.

That said the online reaction to our victory last season was comical and quite frankly embarrassing. They genuinely thought we should go easy on them because they had the Champions league final coming up, ha! I have never heard such nonsense. Utterly laughable.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't wait for the city fans to tell me once again how hard it is being a city fan because they were the third tier, once. Pretty sure that league one playoff final must have been the most attended game of football of all time, considering half of Manchester has said 'they were there'. My favourite thing about City's fanbase though is the sheer amount of Liam Gallagher clones, it actually is hilarious to see the number of blokes in parker jackets and his hairdo sauntering around the Etihad when I've been there.

Let’s not rewrite history. Before the oil money they were still one of the best supported clubs in the country, even when they were in the third tier. Can’t say for certain but I think they probably had a fuller stadium for home games when they were on a decent run whatever division they were in than they do now.

I know a few long time City fans who were season ticket holders and really enthusiastic back in the day, none of them are any more and seldom go to games.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
They are insane. The Amex fixture last year was characterised by their repeated diving, moaning, appealing to the ref and time wasting. This all stopped on a six pence as soon as they realised they needed to start playing again once we had scored.

It was anti-football and it wasn't on our part.

The audacity of the big girls blouse Pep and his staff to complain about Graham's frankly modest celebration was the icing on the cake.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Probably the same half million Mancs who said they saw the Sex Pistols at the Lesser Free Trade Hall in 1976

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They are insane. The Amex fixture last year was characterised by their repeated diving, moaning, appealing to the ref and time wasting. This all stopped on a six pence as soon as they realised they needed to start playing again once we had scored.

It was anti-football and it wasn't on our part.

The audacity of the big girls blouse Pep and his staff to complain about Graham's frankly modest celebration was the icing on the cake.

Especially when Pep is the master of the tactical foul philosophy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here