Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Choices for midfield

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why would the club have any evidence?

Also this.

Really???? Really???????!!!!! You do come out with some odd opinions SM. As I said, not commenting on it further out of respect to the board.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Really???? Really???????!!!!! You do come out with some odd opinions SM. As I said, not commenting on it further out of respect to the board.

That the club would have evidence of what happened or didnt happen in that night club is a pretty weird opinion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That the club would have evidence of what happened or didnt happen in that night club is a pretty weird opinion.

Not talking literal police evidence obviously am I. But evidence of opinions or a very good idea of what happened - absolutely.

Now leave it there, as a very new poster to the board, it’s best to show some respect to the owner and mods etc and not discuss it in detail.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not talking literal police evidence obviously am I. But evidence of opinions or a very good idea of what happened - absolutely.

Now leave it there, as a very new poster to the board, it’s best to show some respect to the owner and mods etc and not discuss it in detail.

The "evidence of opinions" is not going to put Bissouma on the pitch anytime soon.

I dont discuss it in details - I dont have any details.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

But the club won’t have any evidence as nobody has been charged with an offence. All the will have is the reason for arrest and their employees account of what happened. That’s not evidence of anything.

Anyway, I’m out of this one too except to say the player will not be representing the club whilst the legal process is ongoing.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Doesn’t matter who it is…..anyone on conditional bail, awaiting a hearing following further enquiries, having been accused of something that serious isn’t going to be playing.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This may be a stupid question, and apologies if it is, but why is no one naming the arrested and subsequently bailed player? There's a sticky thread by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] doing just that.

I know we can't discuss the case but surely it's o.k to say his name?

Thought this explains why quite well. The Sun has deep pockets to fight a libel case and generally don't give a sh1t about morals or rules as long as they get an 'exclusive' (see phone hacking scandal) and sell a few more papers or get a few more clicks.

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...club-said-why-we-cant-name-player-3410846?amp

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But the club won’t have any evidence as nobody has been charged with an offence. All the will have is the reason for arrest and their employees account of what happened. That’s not evidence of anything.

Anyway, I’m out of this one too except to say the player will not be representing the club whilst the legal process is ongoing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed..including the out bit

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This may be a stupid question, and apologies if it is, but why is no one naming the arrested and subsequently bailed player? There's a sticky thread by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] doing just that.

By not doing so yourself, I think you answered your own question there! :)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

The police haven’t named anyone because nobody has been charged with an offence. The reputable media will take the same line. Newspapers like The Sun have less concern for trashing reputations based on an arrest, and expensive lawyers to back them up. They must be very confident of identity, presumably based on more than a video that could be anyone. Good luck to them. Repeating a libel is still a libel, so I’d go with the police statements personally.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The gravity of the alleged offence surely comes into consideration.

Yes clearly the Everton is worse, but allegation of what Brighton man has been arrested for is pretty serious no?

Anyway bail conditions could be curfew, could be having to be at his known address every night, certain hours, blah blah which would rule out staying in hotels etc. Regardless our club will do the right thing, they always do, and we won’t see the player until it’s cleared up

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes clearly the Everton is worse, but allegation of what Brighton man has been arrested for is pretty serious no?

Anyway bail conditions could be curfew, could be having to be at his known address every night, certain hours, blah blah which would rule out staying in hotels etc. Regardless our club will do the right thing, they always do, and we won’t see the player until it’s cleared up

You know what he's been accused of? Sexual assault has quite a spectrum of seriousness as indicated by the potential punishments if convicted, which is from non-custodial community order to 10 years inside.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You know what he's been accused of? Sexual assault has quite a spectrum of seriousness as indicated by the potential punishments if convicted, which is from non-custodial community order to 10 years inside.

I’m aware of that but no one has all the details except the police. So how can the club make a decision ? And what message does it send out until a charge is at least publicly known.

Im sure the women’s team would be delighted to have a player in the same facility under investigation for something that could be very serious [emoji849]

Some things are bigger than football and winning matches, folks.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m aware of that but no one has all the details except the police. So how can the club make a decision ? And what message does it send out until a charge is at least publicly known.

Im sure the women’s team would be delighted to have a player in the same facility under investigation for something that could be very serious [emoji849]

Some things are bigger than football and winning matches, folks.

The player and his representation will know the details of the complaint against him, and will have almost certainly let the club know.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I agree Albion will do the right thing. How serious the allegation is, who knows? 'Sexual assault' covers a huge range of offences. There are lots of things that happen frequently in nightclub settings that could be deemed 'sexual assault' if there was any misunderstanding between those involved.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

What Bozza has done, I think, is to report that The S*n has named the player as - well, let's call him player X for now. That is a statement of fact - The S*n has published it.

Anyyway, I'm certainly not going to break ranks. We all know who we are talking about anyway!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The police haven’t named anyone because nobody has been charged with an offence. The reputable media will take the same line. Newspapers like The Sun have less concern for trashing reputations based on an arrest, and expensive lawyers to back them up. They must be very confident of identity, presumably based on more than a video that could be anyone. Good luck to them. Repeating a libel is still a libel, so I’d go with the police statements personally.

I think it was the video of him in handcuffs that gave it away. Lots of pictures also now circulating of him getting into the police van. Sad situation all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here