kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If you instruct a player to stand in an offside position to blind the keeper it doesn’t matter how good the goal is, you have a player in an offside position when the kick comes in and the goal has to be ruled out. They tried it twice and scored twice but both goals were correctly ruled out :shrug:

In real time I thought both goals should have stood, as I didn’t pick up the cheating. Good job we didn’t have a player on the line eh? :smile:

Have now seen the incidents [MENTION=12475]jcdenton08[/MENTION] , I think Icy has it spot on.

There is no doubt that Barnes was interfering. Penalty was a bit suspect, but I guess that levels the one Burnley got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Am delighted with win and have just seen highlights. Never a penalty. VAR have just look at ball hitting hand but have not looked just before. Also 2 off sides very harsh. No way did Barnes make a difference.
Count our luck and train to defend corners better

Nah.

We played brilliantly for most the game, outfought them, players potentially affecting a goalie’s judgement are offside.

But moreover,
WE WON, DWELL ON THE POSITIVES ON MARVELLOUS DAY TO FOLLOW THE ALBION, PINCH YOURSELF, HAPPY DAYS.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As I said, the first one was dubious but understandable. I can see why it was given, albeit it was soft. The second one he was three yards away, not in line with either the goalkeeper or Ndidi, as the replays clearly showed, and it should not have stood.

At least three fully qualified and experienced referees, one having the benefit of being able to watch numerous replays, disagree with you :shrug:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Have now seen the incidents [MENTION=12475]jcdenton08[/MENTION] , I think Icy has it spot on.

There is no doubt that Barnes was interfering. Penalty was a bit suspect, but I guess that levels the one Burnley got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, agree to disagree. Chuffed with our 3 points!!!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Don’t understand the arguments over the “offsides” - personally I thought neither of the goals should have been disallowed which made it even more enjoyable when they were :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t understand the arguments over the “offsides” - personally I thought neither of the goals should have been disallowed which made it even more enjoyable when they were :lolol:

Interested to see if GL makes any bitchy comments tonight if he's on MOTD duties. Might he shoe-horn in an oblique reference to Leicester having won the league and that the prospects of Brighton doing....no he couldn't be such a peevish tit shirley? :shrug:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If that was the game where Gary Chivers got the Albion goal that was also my first game.

No Codner got our consolation in my first game. For some reason I need to check with my Dad, he took me to an away game first?!

And just double checked the date, it was January 1990 so nearly 32 years ago rather than over.

Will always have fond memories of the players in the side of that era like Chivers and Codner and the kit is still probably my favourite Albion kit.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Interested to see if GL makes any bitchy comments tonight if he's on MOTD duties. Might he shoe-horn in an oblique reference to Leicester having won the league and that the prospects of Brighton doing....no he couldn't be such a peevish tit shirley? :shrug:

Sadly we’ll be denied the pleasure of Lineker’s gritted teeth this evening as Mark Chapman is Mr MOTD2 (and a warmer, more personable broadcaster and all-round better host in my view).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly we’ll be denied the pleasure of Lineker’s gritted teeth this evening as Mark Chapman is Mr MOTD2 (and a warmer, more personable broadcaster and all-round better host in my view).

Thank you for the update :thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Let's not let the fantastic performance of the West Stand lino distract from a brilliant day's work from our lot today. Cucurella looks like a great signing, Maups hammered the penalty like he'd never missed a chance in his life, Trossard and Veltman showed some great moments of steel, despite the former looking like a small boy being made to battle giants. We looked to be chasing shadows for the first fifteen, but sitting deep started to look a good tactical move to combat their counter and we grew into it and made the better chances. Lovely to get the second goal, we wouldn't have last year. Our performance wasn't a total 10/10, but to paraphrase Chris, these are a fantastically good side. Despite their complaints about decisions, the bottom line is that our side stood firm and came out on top. A brilliantly enjoyable performance with some moments of quality, a good deal of robustness and a dose of good fortune. A great reminder of how much fun can be had at live football.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
World quality: Bissouma
Prem quality: Dunk, Cucurella, Lallana,
Will be Prem quality: Sanchez, Webster, Trossard, Moder, Lamptey
All the rest - very servicable Prem players

With some good (to great) youngsters coming through in large numbers.

It's starting to happen isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here