Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Thinking about it, if it’s Sima or nobody at all, I’m in on the punt :shrug:

11 goals and 5 assists in 1456 minutes of play, one point every 90 minutes... WILFRIED BONY could only dream of that record while playing for Sparta Prague before banging in 16 goals for Swansea back in 13/14. EDIN DZEKO would have loved to be as capable for Teplice when he played in the Czech league, but no, yet he went on to score 50 goals in 130 Premier League games. PATRICK SCHICK did nothing of use in his home country but has since ripped the whoooooooooole fuuuuuuuuuuucking world apart.

Get IN.

GET IN

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
11 goals and 5 assists in 1456 minutes of play, one point every 90 minutes... WILFRIED BONY could only dream of that record while playing for Sparta Prague before banging in 16 goals for Swansea back in 13/14. EDIN DZEKO would have loved to be as capable for Teplice when he played in the Czech league, but no, yet he went on to score 50 goals in 130 Premier League games. PATRICK SCHICK did nothing of use in his home country but has since ripped the whoooooooooole fuuuuuuuuuuucking world apart.

Get IN.

GET IN

It’s about time we got lucky with a striker signing again. We have been chasing Edouarde and Nunez for what seems like ages apparently, and we could now sign a virtually unknown player because we couldn’t get either of them over the line

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if this was the 21st century equivalent of Pinamonte/Zamora :smile:

Nah, not going to let myself carried away with that dream.

Has Andy Naylor commented yet or is he currently gagged by the club?

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There are quite a few thumbs ups on this thread given to people who are basically just having a whinge.

What is the MATTER with you people. How have things got so bad you can't even write your own whinge, you have to anonymously approve someone else having a moan? - FFS.

Given his age, potential and the fee mentioned, this could prove to be an awesome bit of business. Go ! Go ! Go!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We don’t pay the wages to sign Premier League ready strikers. Realism seriously lacking on this board. It’s frustrating but the long term financially stability of the club is paramount. Sima a big fat yes from me.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Surprised a lot of posters are thinking of him as one for the U23's, he was one of the Czech league's breakthrough players last season and he had been previously heavily linked to West Ham as a Lingard replacement, with both Coufal and Souček waxing lyrical on this kid.

Sima will be a signing I'm happy to see.

Saw some other analysis on Twitter stating his weaknesses atm are decision making and close control in tight situations. Two areas pretty vital for a CF to excel at in the Prem.

I suspect whilst having huge potential he’s unlikely to spearhead our ascent to the top half this season. Especially considering we love to bed in newbie foreign players slower than an asthmatic ant with some particularly heavy shopping.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It’s about time we got lucky with a striker signing again. We have been chasing Edouarde and Nunez for what seems like ages apparently, and we could now sign a virtually unknown player because we couldn’t get either of them over the line

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if this was the 21st century equivalent of Pinamonte/Zamora :smile:

Nah, not going to let myself carried away with that dream.

Has Andy Naylor commented yet or is he currently gagged by the club?

I'm guessing he'll see the rumour here and say "Maybe."

And then when it either does or does not happen, people will think "oh Andy! You are so ITK!"

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I like the fact he can also play wide right, he looks pretty fast and that is an area i think we are sorely lacking, without March and Lamptey, we have very little pace going forward in wide areas.

If we can get this deal and Cucurella done, that will help massively.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
And he has played RW , LW and striker.

Doesn't get any more Brighton than this signing

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Yes, yes whatever but does he play left back?

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
From the showreels, what stands out about this young man is not so much his searing pace, strength or ability in the air. It’s his finishing.

He seems to aim for the woodwork instead of the middle of the goal (where the keeper is and where 99% of our on target shots seems to end up last season). Keepers are getting no where near his efforts.

He is a rough diamond though. Potter could polish him into a diamond encrusted top Premier League striker but how long will it take?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
From the showreels, what stands out about this young man is not so much his searing pace, strength or ability in the air. It’s his finishing.

He seems to aim for the woodwork instead of the middle of the goal (where the keeper is and where 99% of our on target shots seems to end up last season). Keepers are getting no where near his efforts.

He is a rough diamond though. Potter could polish him into a diamond encrusted top Premier League striker but how long will it take?

A few months with Crofty's U23's and possibly a loan to the Championship to toughen him up for the 2nd half of the season and could see him doing a job next season. Looks to have promise for a 20 year old.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A few months with Crofty's U23's and possibly a loan to the Championship to toughen him up for the 2nd half of the season and could see him doing a job next season. Looks to have promise for a 20 year old.

Or he gets loaned out elsewhere in order to get a work permit in 12 months. Not done the math but should be rough though their EL run might help him getting the necessary points.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Played and scored goals at Europa League level … yet only good enough for our u23’s

First team signing … certainly a better pedigree than Connolly and Zeqiri

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Looks like a good Brightonesque DA, PB, TB and GP type signing. Young, talented, hungry and bags of potential and peanuts for a striker.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
He keeps his eyes open when about to head the ball, sign him up.

SeagullB

Jul 4, 2021
I don't understand some of our fans! They've been calling for a striker signing for 3 months, letting everyone know how annoyed they'll be if we don't have one by the end of the window.

Now it looks as if we've pulled a rabbit from the hat, and are about to sign a Senegalese wonderkid who was recently linked to the prem for 25 million. Yet, those same people calling for a striker are now slagging this guy off, calling him a waste of money or just another u23 flop!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
From Twitter
Slavia Prague manager Jindrich Trpisovsky said that Sima wasn’t available for their match this evening as a transfer to a ‘Premier League club was in its final phase.’ I can confirm that this club IS Brighton. Discussions at an advanced stage, but not completed yet. #bhafc #sim
I think you've quoted the wrong twitter post.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here