Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’m guilty of having said he’s the new Locadia, but that second goal was exquisite.
I hope he can keep doing the business and work out how to fit into our team. There’s hope yet.
He was never ever the second Locadia. His demeanor has always told me that. There was never an issue with his workrate. It's whether or not he's good enough over a sustained period in the side. He certainly works hard enough (for me anyway).

Let's just say he's performed well today and if he has a strong end to the season then it augers well.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Possibly the best finisher at the club. Can't seem to do much else!!!

In the right team he will be incredible. I wouldn't mind keeping him for one more season as long as we bring one or two more strikers in

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The dink was worth the entrance fee alone
You paid to get in?
In the right team I really think he d be prolific
Clive Allen type of player for me
Sadly I don’t think he fits our system
But I’d really love it if I’m wrong
I have a feeling we may have several systems.

Who beat Palace 2-0
Brentford 2-0
and Chesea 1-0 in their last 4 games?

Who? Who?

Wolves. That's who.

Brighton? Quite good, and our struggling striker just got 2 goals.
Brilliant management.
Management with balls.

And perhaps another decent player, emerging.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1682794679914.png

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Really well done Deniz.

He's given RDZ a massive headache. Can he drop a striker after scoring twice? But then Danny scored twice as well, so if you keep that front two in, you have to probably not pick one of Solly, Mitoma, Enciso, Gross, Mac, or Caicedo. If you play Veltman RB, then it's two of those.

And that's before you work out whether you want Gilmour in as well

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
really? i want the guy to succeed but his first touch has been woeful all season.
Not for me his weight of pass and hold up play has been the only thing that has worked on the pitch. Last two games it has been poor.

Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree 😃

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
You paid to get in?

Who beat Palace 2-0
Brentford 2-0

Who? Who?

Wolves. That's who.

Brilliant management.
Management with balls.

We Do H We do and thats during each game 😀
but I think a team built around a poacher would see the best of DU
Whereas I feel he’s slightly a square peg in a round hole currently
His first touch Unless goal bound seems a tiny bit lacking currently
Not to say with a run of games that won’t improve
You paid to get in?

Who beat Palace 2-0
Brentford 2-0

Who? Who?

Wolves. That's who.

Brilliant management.
Management with balls.

Yes several systems and that’s just per game 🤓
at least 3 per match depending on opponents I believe
Clive Allen ref alluded to building a team around him
(we beat Chelsea 1*2 at the bridge was the scores ref for me? )
I Like Undav , good game today But perhaps he needs a solid run of games to make his breakthrough?
Ferguson just seems a more natural fit to the system I feel

oh that’s where it went 🤣 apologies for the repetition
got side tracked

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We Do H We do and thats during each game 😀
but I think a team built around a poacher would see the best of DU
Whereas I feel he’s slightly a square peg in a round hole currently
His first touch Unless goal bound seems a tiny bit lacking currently
Not to say with a run of games that won’t improve

Yes several systems and that’s just per game 🤓
at least 3 per match depending on opponents I believe
Clive Allen ref alluded to building a team around him
(we beat Chelsea 1*2 at the bridge was the scores ref for me? )
I Like Undav , good game today But perhaps he needs a solid run of games to make his breakthrough?
Ferguson just seems a more natural fit to the system I feel
Always good to have options :thumbsup:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I've been a largely silent Undav critic, branding him a poor man's Tomer Hemed. I haven't voiced it often as that'd be a bit cruel when he's still learning.

Today doesn't completely turn the opinion around. After all, everyone sung Connolly's praise after one good game against Spurs and look where that ended up. However, those labouring the point that Wolves were awful today are being unfair in my opinion. Undav is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't if that's the case. 6-0 against any Premier League outfit is an astonishing result, and it's the way we play that makes many a PL team look poor. We made Forest look woeful until they got the flukiest of fluky goals.

Having seen Deniz in the flesh on Sunday and on TV multiple times, these are my thoughts for what it's worth:

1) One of his strengths is nicking the ball. He did it today, and he did it on Sunday in the first half of extra time.
2) He'd make a better starter than impact sub. And to be fair that goes for most of our usual non-starting XI players (Enciso aside). Or a sub when things are going well.
3) He could more than do a job for us next year IF we get into Europe. We need a big squad. This week highlighted that. Top scorer in the Belgian league, good at poaching (when he stays onside). That'd be more than good enough on a Thursday night against some Dutch or Polish outfit.

The only other player I'd have been more delighted to score today is Solly. Made up for Deniz and hopefully his confidence soars. On a personal level it's been a pretty good week for him: had the balls to step up for penalty number 3 in the shoot-out, despite playing poorly, and dispatched it like Germans do. Had the ball in the net against Forest (albeit offside) and now two goals today. Enjoy the night Deniz, you've earned it after a good week's work.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really well done Deniz.

He's given RDZ a massive headache. Can he drop a striker after scoring twice? But then Danny scored twice as well, so if you keep that front two in, you have to probably not pick one of Solly, Mitoma, Enciso, Gross, Mac, or Caicedo. If you play Veltman RB, then it's two of those.

And that's before you work out whether you want Gilmour in as well
Ferguson might be ready for Man U as well

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Before we bought him, he got 35 goals from 51 games for USG. That's 0.69 goals per 90 minutes, and exactly the ratio he is achieving for BHA shown above.

He has transferred his goal rate from the Belgian league to the PL, without many people noticing. What are the chances of that happening, eh?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Before we bought him, he got 35 goals from 51 games for USG. That's 0.69 goals per 90 minutes, and exactly the ratio he is achieving for BHA shown above.

He has transferred his goal rate from the Belgian league to the PL, without many people noticing. What are the chances of that happening, eh?
Not quite PL. 344' in PL for his two goals today (0.53 per 90 minutes). The others were in the cups, against non PL teams. But yes - more impressive than made out on here.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Not quite PL. 344' in PL for his two goals today (0.53 per 90 minutes). The others were in the cups, against non PL teams. But yes - more impressive than made out on here.
Yes, fair point. Not (yet) the 0.69 he achieved at USG here in the PL. I have always perceived him to get a bad press on here. But he's a natural poacher. Let's hope that with more minutes, he will reward us with a steadily rising conversion rate.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Hasn't had a massive amount of game time but he's a proven striker at a lower level who always deserved a chance to develop at a higher level. Seems to be well liked (which is just as important as having all the skill in the world). Just scored a brace for the Albion. What's not to like?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here