Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bennett's Field no longer available - no parking season tickets

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
two options, he can plough it (bugger up the plough blades though), or seek a new lease on improved terms.

Or go for planning on some form of development - although I would imagine there would be access issues assuming the club owns the land between the access road and Bennetts Field.

It sounds like the owner (who is it I wonder?) is trying to play poker with Tony Bloom.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Obviously wants a bit of that Ben White money

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Forgive my ignorance but is the area the park and ride buses stop deemed the same field?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes what we need is an aerial view of the whole site showing who owns what....

.....ready steady.....go!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Forgive my ignorance but is the area the park and ride buses stop deemed the same field?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

No, Bennetts field is to the North East of the the access road to the South Stand.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Isn’t that car park temporary with a clause that it will be tuned back to agriculture at some point?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As suspected.

1E696560-F204-417D-B023-134AD78D0BA8.png

Would be a huge windfall gain if it comes off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bennett’s Field was absolute aggressive gridlocked mayhem when it was a 1901 Car Park. I was delighted to be moved to the University car Park. Saw so many confrontations with SUV drivers trying to bully other cars. Nasty

Being held for the buses for up to an hour before you could leave aggravated the situation

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How will the students get to the underground car park? He has no access road.

Does he not own the woods between the road and the 'field' ? If so he could probably put in an access road there - obviously if approved.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
The landowner of Bennett's Field has triggered the break clause in the lease with the Albion. As a consequence, Bennett's Field is no longer available. We're being told that we'll have to use the Uni car park, with a shuttle service. Not an issue for me; could mean my mother can no longer attend games - no way she can do that walk (she can only just do the walk from Bennett'd Field on a good day). Will she get on the shuttle? Depends on how high the steps are, where we have to park in the uni vs where the pick up point is, etc etc.

Not good.

Brighton Community buses run a shuttle and it has a lift on the back . It runs from the uni to the top of the stairs and she can get the lift down to the stadium level . The service is for anyone like your mum and caters for wheelchair users. It is free of course.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does he not own the woods between the road and the 'field' ? If so he could probably put in an access road there - obviously if approved.

There isn’t much distance between the lights and the roundabout, possibly 100 yards? An access road would be at least 15 feet wide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here