Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I’d counter this with …he seemed to be enjoying himself immensely in the end of season walk around….and particularly when he was on his own facing the North stand as they did the Bissouma chant :shrug:

Ok , i'll wear that , i still haven't seen the game in full and i obviously wasn't at the game ..:thumbsup:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Looks like he’s deleted all of his Brighton pics from Instagram. I think he did the same in Jan when we rejected bids for him.
He's also got a small crossed hammers on his profile:
Screenshot-2022-05-27-at-12.36.24.jpg

Unless it has another meaning, it's a good hint who he is looking to go to, or is in the midst of moving to. He hasn't changed his Twitter account though - yet. That still has BHA pictures etc on it, and no crossed hammers (yet).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
View attachment 148339

Unless it has another meaning, it's a good hint who he is looking to go to, or is in the midst of moving to. He hasn't changed his Twitter account though - yet. That still has BHA pictures etc on it, and no crossed hammers (yet).

I'm not suggesting he is NOT going to end up at WHU (in fact I have heard from one third-hand source, that it is likely) but those crossed hammers are nothing to do with the football club. He's always had them - something to do with strength or God or whatever.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
View attachment 148339

He also has the union jack in his profile but no Mali flag. Hmmmm. Is he thinking of switching national allegiance?

I wouldn't read too much into the crossed hammers. I'm pretty sure they were there before.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s an attention seeker, don’t worry about it

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure I understand people saying we won't miss Bissouma if/when he goes. Moder will be out 50% of next season, Mwepu's injury record is not great and Lallana is 'class' and improves our possession he does not give a lot of positive outcomes. We will miss him but if we get £30-40 million then that's good as that's the club's financial model. I am not sure what our u23s have in terms of midfield , Leonard is possibly the most prominent but a long way off.

Incredible isn't it, what was it...1 win in 19 without him?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

Anyone saying we won’t miss him needs their heads examining. Even despite this year being up and down, I consider him the best player I’ve seen play for us (I’m mid 40s). We’ll cope, and we have lots of good midfielders. But he’ll be a big loss.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

We only lost 3 of the games he didn't play in too, and two of them were against Man City. I wonder how those draws he missed earlier in the season would have turned out if we'd have Caicedo playing?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He hasn't changed his Twitter account though - yet. That still has BHA pictures etc on it, and no crossed hammers (yet).

I remember when we laughed at the Leeds fans for obsessing over the fact Ben White still had LUFC in his Twitter bio which meant he was definitely moving to them the summer his loan ended.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A fabulous player who last summer could easily have gone for a similar figure to White. This summer with only a year left becomes a profit/lose battle that Bloom will thrive at, If he stays and we improve to clinch European football then the financial benefits would outweigh any mediocre offer this summer. I can see him moving on to a top side but we may play hardball for anything less than £40m from a competitor

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Best player I’ve seen in my JCL years……of course we’ll miss him. This time next season though Moises will be the best player any of us have seen and we’ll be lamenting his imminent transfer

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah I don't either but Bissouma has always been generally under rated by a lot of our fan base as evidenced by the fact he didn't get 100% of the votes in last season's POTS vote when he was by FAR our best player. He's comfortably the best footballer we've had in 40 years and we will miss him massively when he goes.

I agree, but only untill Caicedo got here.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bissys mates wearing Brighton shirts with him on holiday so don't think he's quite left yet !!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I agree, but only untill Caicedo got here.

Clearly Caicedo looks immensely talented and has a big future but he has been excellent for us for 8 games, Bissouma has for 3 years. I think a lot of fans don't appreciate how consistently excellent Biss has been for a long time and Caicedo and the other players have massive boots to fill when/if he does go.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Clearly Caicedo looks immensely talented and has a big future but he has been excellent for us for 8 games, Bissouma has for 3 years. I think a lot of fans don't appreciate how consistently excellent Biss has been for a long time and Caicedo and the other players have massive boots to fill when/if he does go.

Biss was ok when he signed in 18/19 but not consistent and certainly not a first-name-on-team-sheet player. He improved in Potter’s first season and has been brilliant during the last 2. Caicedo, however, has come in and been un droppable from game 1.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Biss was ok when he signed in 18/19 but not consistent and certainly not a first-name-on-team-sheet player. He improved in Potter’s first season and has been brilliant during the last 2. Caicedo, however, has come in and been un droppable from game 1.

Yes, which is still just 8 games or so...

Inevitably, as a young player, he is going to have dips in form and not always play on the level he has so far. And when that happens, equally inevitably people are immediately going to say that he is having wet dreams about Steven Gerrard, analyse his Instagram photos ("man I saw those shoes in a store in London, he's going to Tottenham") and his facial expressions sitting on the team bus... and that will be the end of the honeymoon. No doubt is Caicedo going to be a great player but its not going to be a linear simple road to the top.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm not suggesting he is NOT going to end up at WHU (in fact I have heard from one third-hand source, that it is likely) but those crossed hammers are nothing to do with the football club. He's always had them - something to do with strength or God or whatever.

He is way to good for West Ham, that would be a completely pointless move for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here