Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My view is that the club owes a duty of care to it's matchday staff and paying punters to try to mitigate the risks as much as possible.

I support the idea of proving vaccination as a condition of entry.

In any case, this should be done at government level as the risks of mass transmission at football grounds will be the same wherever

In all honesty I don't think the club owe a duty of care to any punters going to mass attendance events in the midst of a pandemic. On the punter's heads be it is my view.

Government owe a duty of care to the wider population though.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Have you actually tried to do that? Might just be my Omsung Phine but trying to take a screenshot from ANYWHERE in the NHS app, when logged in, gives a message 'Can't take screenshot due to security policy'

Yes, that’s what I did at the weekend to get in to a festival. I have an iPhone.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Covid will be with us on a permanent basis. Vaccine passports are not only discrimination that Johnson said would not happen (as if we should be shocked by that) they are a way of forcing people to do something they have legitimate concerns over. Effectively they become a permanent form of ID check. It's the stuff of 1984. I'm double jabbed, so no problem. But the thought of this makes my skin crawl. I can see a Tory rebellion. I don't normally find myself jumping in their camp.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
defiantly some will. that's why evidence of jab is a better approach, even if have Covid less likely to pass on.

Amazing if true! Well hopefully it will be a tiny minority because there’s no way they will make it compulsory to be vaccinated to enter a football ground, unfortunately as a country we are far too libertarian for that!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
In all honesty I don't think the club owe a duty of care to any punters going to mass attendance events in the midst of a pandemic. On the punter's heads be it is my view.

Government owe a duty of care to the wider population though.

On a legal level, all business owe a duty to carry out reasonable steps to keep it's staff and customers safe.

But yes, this shouldn't be Barber making the decision. He's not a scientist.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Where has this been announced?

I haven’t seen this info anywhere other than here. Maybe I’ve missed an email.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, that’s what I did at the weekend to get in to a festival. I have an iPhone.

That's a bit ODD. I just had a play about. On android phone, I can take a screenshot from anywhere in the NHS Covid 19 app, but from nowhere in the main NHS app, even if not logged in. What gives?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
what if you don't have a mobile smartyphone? .

You can request the NHS post you a paper copy of the vaccine certificate. I posted the link to request that already on this thread.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I honestly think the Government are going to u turn on all this at the last minute. Huge backbench rebellion on the issue and both other parties voting against.

Make no mistake that the Vaccine Passport will mean that forever more you will have to show an ID to do most things in life. Covid is going nowhere and everyone will have to prove they have had their latest jabs year on year to do anything where people gather. In a world where 90% of people already have antibodies and tests can prove you are healthy. I'm just amazed that people cannot see the world that is getting ushered in through a vaccine trojan horse.

Labour’s view has changed, for mass crowd sporting events.

10732A0B-B78C-4321-866F-F15290CDEFC9.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
this is why i posted the thread because i believe it is coming. Even though majority may be double jabbed we have lots of kids and young supporters so my guess is anything up to 20% wont be jabbed - do the maths and anyone of those Johnson graphs showing the spread and what chance of anyone seeing the second home game of the season?
PS thanks for PM very helpful

Kids don’t need to be jabbed.

Sorry but you seem to be picking a hole in every single comment that’s trying to help you out on here. I’m out.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Covid will be with us on a permanent basis. Vaccine passports are not only discrimination that Johnson said would not happen (as if we should be shocked by that) they are a way of forcing people to do something they have legitimate concerns over. Effectively they become a permanent form of ID check. It's the stuff of 1984. I'm double jabbed, so no problem. But the thought of this makes my skin crawl. I can see a Tory rebellion. I don't normally find myself jumping in their camp.

Come on, that is ridiculously over the top and just so British ! A permanent form of ID check is required in most of the world. Are you saying that Germany, France etc live in a 1984 world ? We live in a community and regulation is often required to keep that community safe. Sometimes you have to put the collective ahead of your individual rights.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Come on, that is ridiculously over the top and just so British ! A permanent form of ID check is required in most of the world. Are you saying that Germany, France etc live in a 1984 world ? We live in a community and regulation is often required to keep that community safe. Sometimes you have to put the collective ahead of your individual rights.

Try and get a beer in parts of the US without it :lolol::lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's a bit ODD. I just had a play about. On android phone, I can take a screenshot from anywhere in the NHS Covid 19 app, but from nowhere in the main NHS app, even if not logged in. What gives?

I've just taken a screenshot on my android, no problem. It is a three finger gesture though so may have by-passed whatever it is that's stopping you. Admittedly, I don't have an Omsung Phine, but I cannot get it to show in Google Pay as those apple lads did. Have you managed that?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

I just find it astounding that people cant see the broader implications beyond the pandemic. This is the beginning of a very dark future for society if allowed to go ahead. If Covid is the excuse for it then digital ID checks are with us for eventually most things forever. Horrific.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here