Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Christian Eriksen

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why the face palm?

Seeing Eriksen clinically dead on a football field is one of the most harrowing things I've ever seen in football. None of us want to see that happen again.

Fabrice Muamba had a cardiac arrest in a Premier League match and 5 months later the doctors advised him to retire on medical grounds - rightly so. The same should have happened here, if not just for Eriksen then for fans in general.

Man up

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Are you a doctor? Christian Eriksens doctor?

Plenty of people with zero medical insight advising Eriksen to retire from football when he as a professional sportsman have access to the best doctors on the planet. Hence the facepalm.

Ok, so consider how well it's gone for Rafael Dwamena since his medical with us in 2017 when he was diagnosed with a heart condition but other doctors gave him the green light to carry on playing. Zurich got shot of him a year later and in the last three and a half years he's player about 35 games and scored 5 goals.

In January 2020, while at Levante UD he had an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) implanted through surgery, which enabled his club to monitor his heart during matches. In October 2020, the ICD showed values which were considered too high, and his club at the time, Vejle Boldklub, withdrew him from team activities as a result, then let him go. He was without a club for 6 months before finding a home in the Austrian 2nd Division.

In October 2021 in Austrian Cup match during the first half of Blau-Weiss Linz's game against Harterg, Dwamena collapsed on pitch and was shocked by an ICD and stabilized quickly.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Ok, so consider how well it's gone for Rafael Dwamena since his medical with us in 2017 when he was diagnosed with a heart condition but other doctors gave him the green light to carry on playing. Zurich got shot of him a year later and in the last three and a half years he's player about 35 games and scored 5 goals.

In January 2020, while at Levante UD he had an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) implanted through surgery, which enabled his club to monitor his heart during matches. In October 2020, the ICD showed values which were considered too high, and his club at the time, Vejle Boldklub, withdrew him from team activities as a result, then let him go. He was without a club for 6 months before finding a home in the Austrian 2nd Division.

In October 2021 in Austrian Cup match during the first half of Blau-Weiss Linz's game against Harterg, Dwamena collapsed on pitch and was shocked by an ICD and stabilized quickly.

Dwamena has said he didn't collapse, his ICD shocked him and knocked him off his feet. His doctors said he was never in any acute danger because of his ICD.

Daley Blind continues to play for for Ajax with an ICD fitted.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

What does Rafael Dwamena have to do with Christian Eriksen? No reason to believe the worst just because it hasnt worked out (if you could call it that when the device obviously works and the bloke is alive) for one player. That Levante and Velje didnt allow him on to the pitch when there was issues furthermore shows that clubs are careful and I dont think that would be any different in the PL where the resources spent on the medical teams are higher than anywhere else.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
you should try Twitter mate. There is a whole army of epidemiologists out there that no one knew about.

No, try Facebook, Twitter or pop down your local pub.

There are plenty of experts out they whose mate told them something.

Just think Anti-Vaxers.

Thankfully chaps I stay well clear of social media for this exact reason, inane chatter isn’t for me - I think nsc is better for the most part although take both of your points, I’m sure I can find more experts quite easily!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Still not signed for Brentford?

Am surprised we haven't seemingly had a crack at getting him. Welbz, Lalana,Veltman all outstanding, experienced pro's with huge experience in big clubs and big games, and the chance to sign someone of Eriksens calibre for free is another big opportunity.

Hope to see him back playing more than anything and enjoying his football without any more issues, but some talent to get without fee and a decent age still. He's going to be an asset somewhere, would be nice if we were in.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
One of the standout moments of the season for me was when he fouled a youngster (can't remember team or player) and both ended up in a heap with a very angry youngster on top. You could tell by his face he was very unhappy with the foul and was going to kick off. Then suddenly he saw who it was who had fouled him and his face transformed into a broad smile and he helped Eriksen to his feet.

Lovely moment.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
One of the standout moments of the season for me was when he fouled a youngster (can't remember team or player) and both ended up in a heap with a very angry youngster on top. You could tell by his face he was very unhappy with the foul and was going to kick off. Then suddenly he saw who it was who had fouled him and his face transformed into a broad smile and he helped Eriksen to his feet.

Lovely moment.

so it's alright to foul a player if you've had a defibrillator installed.....??:fishing::D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Lovely moment.

[yt]4ZTT6-uc5rs[/yt]

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Lovely moment.

Yeah that was Brandon Williams, the Man Utd player who is on loan at Norwich. He gave Eriksen a hug when he realised who it was who fouled him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wonder if those a few pages back still think it would be horrible and frightening to sign this top class attacking midfielder who is scoring beautiful goals for fun.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder if those a few pages back still think it would be horrible and frightening to sign this top class attacking midfielder who is scoring beautiful goals for fun.

The moment we saw he'd been signed by Brentford, we were chatting at the Amex about how good he would be as a Lallana replacement, (the experienced player in our very young but talented midfield). Although I think IIRC Lallana was a three year contract ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The moment we saw he'd been signed by Brentford, we were chatting at the Amex about how good he would be as a Lallana replacement, (the experienced player in our very young but talented midfield). Although I think IIRC Lallana was a three year contract ?

Yeah Lallana has a contract for another year.

Bit different though. Lallana peaked quite a few years ago while Eriksen is a good signing for any club in the world and I doubt Brentford can keep him.

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
Yeah Lallana has a contract for another year.

Bit different though. Lallana peaked quite a few years ago while Eriksen is a good signing for any club in the world and I doubt Brentford can keep him.

I reckon Bees are just grateful if he keeps them up this season. I'm sure that that's the arrangement for now. How many leagues other than the Scudetto is he banned from though?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
tony wardle [MENTION=1836]TonyW[/MENTION]ardle10
Christian Eriksen recovered quicker from being dead than calvert-lewin has from his injury. #WHUEVE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here