Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Wellbeck will stay next season

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My worry is he’d suit Everton or West Ham and they can offer more.

Everton collect strikers like we collect centre backs, I can't see him going there. West Ham is a definite possibility though, as is Southampton if Ings goes

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Would be surprised if West Ham aren't sniffing around. Antonio struggles with injury, if he's out they are lacking in the forward department. If any club was a serious contender to sign him it would be WHU to be honest.

I think Moyes previously hinted that they were interested in him when he was released by Watford and he was annoyed we beat them to the punch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really hope so. He's our best striker.

Everyone talks about an "upgrade" on Maupay. I don't agree. We need a striker better than Maupay and Welbeck, to be our main guy. But we still need Maupay and Welbeck.

It's a long season and we have strikers who shouldn't be on or around the first team (yet) - namely Connolly and Zeqiri.

So with the Bissouma money, an attempt at a goalscorer would be essential - the main guy, with Maupay and Welbeck getting lots of action too.

Sorry to miss this earlier but:-

THIS

Unlike others, yourself included, I can't see Connolly going for a deal that takes him away from a EPL first team squad and the last thing the club needs is 4 high earning strikers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed.
I'm also sure that a "replacement" let alone an "improvement" would cost a significant sum. Look at the R.Brewster situation.

Is Brewster the new Joelinton?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sorry to miss this earlier but:-

THIS

Unlike others, yourself included, I can't see Connolly going for a deal that takes him away from a EPL first team squad and the last thing the club needs is 4 high earning strikers.

It already has four high earning strikers.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Yeah sure.
Just curious why you thought it was a high likelihood.

Just feels he's a bit out in the cold to be honest. Back in training in Feb, didn't hear much till he appeared for 13mins in the U23s, then just that he had a relapse. Not a lot of detail. I've not felt from his social media or our PR that there is a salvaged relationship there. Others on this thread appear 100% he's definitely going, I'm only a 'in all likelihood' :)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Pretty certain hell be off. As others have said, Everton, West Ham could do with him. Its a shame, but we move on and we have Connelly who can be our main guy

why would West Ham have him when they have a younger version in Lingard

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep 95% sure he will be. In fact, I reckon a deal has already been done or close to being done.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
After the first half of the season I wasnt interested, but as his fitness has improved he's got better and better.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Wellbeck is a cut above anything we currently have and I'd be amazed if we didn't offer him another deal .

The odd thing about the situation is we seem to have found a way of keeping him ticking over and the rest of the leagues managers will have taken note .

He's class , and fit Danny Wellbeck will score goals for whoever he plays for next season , hopefully he's settled here and fancies another season or two .

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I can't see anyone else coming in and totally blowing us out the water money wise so yes I think we'll get it done. Think any purchases might be limited though unless we sell some high profile players.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dont think any/many other clubs are interested in Welbeck. If he was a couple of years younger it would be a different story with more takers, but now I think the decision will be quite easy for him... expecting a new contract to be announced pretty much immediatly when the season ends. He looks very happy in the team and for various reasons I think he is probably happy and comfortable in the city as well.

Well....they have got a 17 year old called Jebbison, who scored on debut v Everton and already looks better than Brewster. Panic buy and Liverpool are still rubbing their hands.

I wouldnt mind seeing Brewster in Brighton... yes, had a horrible season but the guy got trucks of potential and in the right environment (like Brighton) I think he could turn into a lethal striker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldnt mind seeing Brewster in Brighton... yes, had a horrible season but the guy got trucks of potential and in the right environment (like Brighton) I think he could turn into a lethal striker.

We might be in for him then, we tend to go for Championship players if we’re buying from the English leagues :wink:

That White chap we got from Leeds has done OK

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We might be in for him then, we tend to go for Championship players if we’re buying British :wink:

Maybe, it wouldnt surprise me at all actually. They will be looking to offload players and the fact that he has barely played even after their relegation indicates he is not really in their plans going forward, and if they can get two thirds, or something, of what they paid for him, I think they would take it. They dont really have that many players anyone would like to buy so if they want to bring in some cash, he would be one of the few players they could actually get £10m+ for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here