Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Close season manager merry go round.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]1405221274356432903[/tweet]

Will nuno skulk back to palace now? Will they want him?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
About to type the same
There's been a falling out with the owner and his 'Director of Football' son (who also runs a wrestling network and a US football team) and Parker's sister is married to a Bournemouth player. Howe would be a good fit for Fulham though we're more likely to get one of our former manager's ex sidekicks.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Has Hughton to BHA happened yet? Call me when it does.

219-798-1407 Indiana USA

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
So here’s an odd suggestion (I don’t believe for a second would happen) but would Chris Hughton not be the ideal manager for palarse? Not exciting or flashy, also not demanding money wise. Likes older players. Can play pretty football when suits but prefers to be compact and solid for 45 mins then slowly build from there. Just a fun thought.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
So here’s an odd suggestion (I don’t believe for a second would happen) but would Chris Hughton not be the ideal manager for palarse? Not exciting or flashy, also not demanding money wise. Likes older players. Can play pretty football when suits but prefers to be compact and solid for 45 mins then slowly build from there. Just a fun thought.

I guess it depends how desperate Beaky gets. Hodgson's official announcement came after this thread started but rumours were circulating beforehand. That's a lot of lost time. If they start training without someone, that will be funny.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I guess it depends how desperate Beaky gets. Hodgson's official announcement came after this thread started but rumours were circulating beforehand. That's a lot of lost time. If they start training without someone, that will be funny.

So, have Palace still not got a manager? I thought they'd sorted that out weeks ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, have Palace still not got a manager? I thought they'd sorted that out weeks ago.
They are going to unveil the new manager in front of the new stand***.

***Work started late 2018.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I think the delay strongly indicates that they've failed to sign anyone they were targeting. I think they are going to end up with Steve Cooper. Or they might go down on their knees and pray for Hodgson to come back and do another season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think the delay strongly indicates that they've failed to sign anyone they were targeting. I think they are going to end up with Steve Cooper. Or they might go down on their knees and pray for Hodgson to come back and do another season.

So,a large number of the squad currently free agents or available to leave
Zaha wants out again
No new players yet
No manager

Yet, I bet they manage to finish above us again.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I don’t think it’s an odd suggestion at all.

I still think there’s a certain market for Hughton as a manager. I’m surprised more clubs haven’t seen him as an option.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don’t think it’s an odd suggestion at all.

I still think there’s a certain market for Hughton as a manager. I’m surprised more clubs haven’t seen him as an option.

More and more clubs seem to be adopting a more modern playing style now, especially in the Premier League. I am beginning to worry that our Chris's tactics are being seen as something of a dinosaur in the game today.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've read the Palace board are split on Steve Cooper but are interested in talking to ex-Dortmund boss Lucien Favre.

This guy's CV is impressive and he appears to be on another level to Lampard, Howe and Cooper.

He's been out of work for 6 months after getting sacked following a 5-1 defeat to Stuttgart. And the scorer of that 5th goal was...Nicolas Gonzalez.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I've read the Palace board are split on Steve Cooper but are interested in talking to ex-Dortmund boss Lucien Favre.

This guy's CV is impressive and he appears to be on another level to Lampard, Howe and Cooper.

He's been out of work for 6 months after getting sacked following a 5-1 defeat to Stuttgart. And the scorer of that 5th goal was...Nicolas Gonzalez.

Given how badly the last manager appointment went up the road that was supposed to change style, hopefully Gonzalez will be getting him the sack again on 25th September!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Signing Favre would be a bit Frank de Boerian (though Favre is probably the better coach)... complete change of style.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Signing Favre would be a bit Frank de Boerian (though Favre is probably the better coach)... complete change of style.

What better time to change your style than when 17 players are out of contract?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well they need to pretty much rebuild their entire squad anyway, so many players out of contract and/or released.

Maybe this would be a good opportunity to appoint him, and then bring in the players that would adapt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here