Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hibs Albion

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I see Brentford are apparently interested in Hibs star striker Kevin Nisbet. Now knowing how well Brentford strikers turn out, perhaps we should use our new found alleged status, as a big brother club in a special relationship, to hijack the deal and just buy direct the player Brentford want to replace Ivan Toney. Obviously at a discount in view of our proposed 'special relationship'.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I had Haggis pie at Easter Road once. Delicious.
And the other thing I remember about the place was the ground is not actually on Easter Road but actually on Albion Place. And there is Albion Road and Albion Gardens just round there too

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I don't think the more obvious loans for our young players to a league where they'll play teams of the quality spectrum from mid-table Championship to League Two is the reason. You'd think the likes of Connolly would be better off in the Championship really although it is an option.

Less obvious bonuses are in coaching link ups and coaching courses/development/mentoring, sharing of scouting information, preseason games / camps where you share training facilities for a few days, accomodation, etc. instead of the more expensive regular options. Perhaps less for us to gain than them but it only takes one great youngster coming through into our team instead of costing a fortune or going elsewhere and it would have been worth it on the field, not to mention the off-field stuff.

And if Scotland gets independance or goes back to EU then it could have massive effects.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I see Brentford are apparently interested in Hibs star striker Kevin Nisbet. Now knowing how well Brentford strikers turn out, perhaps we should use our new found alleged status, as a big brother club in a special relationship, to hijack the deal and just buy direct the player Brentford want to replace Ivan Toney. Obviously at a discount in view of our proposed 'special relationship'.

Or better still, simply sign Ivan Toney.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Well quite, does this mean that all Albion fans will be required to join the Catholic Church? or maybe Hibs supporters become Proddies?

Hang-on a cotton-picking' minute! By far the biggest secondary school in Brighton and Hove is Cardinal Newman Catholic School, and there are an estimated 172,000 Catholics in the diocese of Arundel and Brighton. In fact the Duke of Norfolk of Arundel Castle is of the famously Catholic FitzAlan-Howard family. I'm happy to say that religion plays no part in us supporting Albion, but don't presume we aren't there at The Amex.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Or better still, simply sign Ivan Toney.

Good plan apart from the £35m fee. I'm guessing Nisbet would be somewhat cheaper.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Knowing how PR trigger happy we are, how long until “Brighton have distanced themselves from Hibernian after disgraceful scenes at at Edinburgh derby”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Love Hibs. Been to Easter Road a few times and followed them away, and abroad.

Always welcomed. Great atmosphere and feels like a proper club.

Not a whiff of sectarianism. Hibs fans are proud of where they're from (Leith/east Edinburgh), not of any religion.

Fingers cross this link happens.
Hibs have always been my team up there too, primarily because of a Hibs supporting my lodger had for a few years. Never been, though I'd love to go. I really hope the clubs link up. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here