Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hibs Albion

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Dont mind us having some kind of ongoing dialogue with another club which makes it easy for recruitment teams to discuss potential loans or transfers either way, but would feel a bit uneasy about us announcing some kind of official partnership. It didnt feel right when Watford were getting lots of players in from Italian clubs due to their owners. Although having first dibs on Hibs players isnt exactly a huge advantage in the transfer market, it would still be seen a small step in the direction of having unfair advantages over other teams.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TBH I'd be down for this

Totally agree.

Although I am surprised as I thought I was the only person who felt SoL would benefit from being sung twice as fast with competing factions signing different lyrics, only for it all to peter out before the end.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I try to get up to Leith for half a dozen games a season. Last 25 years I've not heard any chanting about religion, Irish republicanism, 300 year old battles. None of it.

Vast majority of Hibs fans acknowledge the club's history but are not in thrall to it.

I'd love a pre season game v Hibs at Easter Road or the Amex.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fine set of fans aren’t they? Beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final. Invade the pitch, attack Rangers players, then have a go at Rangers fans, then stop the presentation of the cup by being complete knobheads, but it’s okay because they sing a nice song. :shrug:

So we now aren't allowed to praise anything without also being lumped in with supporting all the bad things they've ever done as well?

"There's something quite special about the Liverpool fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone on a big European night,"
"Oh and I suppose you find their taking the piss out of the Munich air crash hilarious too, you utter *******!?!"

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I try to get up to Leith for half a dozen games a season. Last 25 years I've not heard any chanting about religion, Irish republicanism, 300 year old battles. None of it.

Vast majority of Hibs fans acknowledge the club's history but are not in thrall to it.

Well our pre season "friendly" with Aberdeen at the Amex was a good one, not so sure the landlord of the Sportsman thought so though after he assessed the damage.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
TBH I'd be down for this

Id love to hear Sussex by the sea belted out like that by the whole crowd at a full Amex.

It has the potential to be, if not quite a YNWA, a really powerful standard, and is unique to Sussex, Such a shame that for what ever reason we never seem to get it together

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Dont mind us having some kind of ongoing dialogue with another club which makes it easy for recruitment teams to discuss potential loans or transfers either way, but would feel a bit uneasy about us announcing some kind of official partnership. It didnt feel right when Watford were getting lots of players in from Italian clubs due to their owners. Although having first dibs on Hibs players isnt exactly a huge advantage in the transfer market, it would still be seen a small step in the direction of having unfair advantages over other teams.

Well done for being the first to hit on the actual issue.

Football clubs should be independent entities. We don't want have proud clubs which are more like vassals to other clubs And we certainly don't want to edge (any further) towards a situation where mega rich owners have portfolios of clubs

I don't like the USG thing if i'm honest and I certainly don't like the Watford etc model.

Hope FIFA and UEFA put stronger action in to prevent it.

Informal links based on networks are fine. Maybe that's what's being proposed. No idea

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

If Carlsberg made football grounds.....

Easter Road is a cathedral. It's how football stadiums should be. Not too big, not too small, good views, a great traditional city location, and a cracking atmosphere.
If you haven't been, stick it on your bucket list.

I would love to see the Albion play there.
Maybe with our previous pre-season training being located in Dundee, a couple of Scottish fixtures are possibilities if we return to Dundee in July.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good stuff. Hope it happens, whatever it may be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here