Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player of the season

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’m astonished that Bissouma isn’t every single poster’s vote.

Proves to me what I’ve thought for a while, even after this fantastic season and another colossal performance today, he is criminally under rated by a section of Brighton fans. Some of the things he did today were just incredible and I think they a go a bit unnoticed these days because he is so good.

We are going to miss him massively when he goes.
Now this I do agree with. Well either Biss or Connolly, I haven't quite decided.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The entire forward line for keeping everyone on tenterhooks all season....

....as yet another easy chance goes begging and the ball sails over the bar or past the post.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Bissouma for me.

Honorable mentions: Sanchez, Dunk, Veltman.

Difficult to pick an attacking player... Trossard probably (although GroB and Lallana are up there).

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Bissouma, he has grown into the player we knew he could be.He is the reason why we can dominate possession when we want to. Also why fans of Arsensal, Man United and Liverpool are saying they want to buy him.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Tough one this year.

No single player has stood out for me, lots have been very good though. Sound arguments for:

Sanchez
Dunk
White
Bissouma
Lallana
Gross
Welbeck

However, I would vote for Veltman, pretty much never put a foot wrong, quite the opposite, a very composed and classy player.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Veltman just edges out Dunk for me.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Dunk for me although Bissouma has been amazing at times. I think that Bissouma has actually played within himself at times especially in Feb when he didn't get his big move. I think he can see that the club won't now stand in his way and so has raised his game again.
BBC site tonight showing a rumour that Arsenal think they can get him for £30m. I think Uncle Tony may have a couple of words to say about that and wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool didn't make a bid. I think he'd slot in well at Liverpool.
Anyway for me;
1. Dunk, captain fantastic
2. Bissouma
3. Veltman

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If Bissouma doesn’t win it comfortably then I’ll be livid. He’s been our best player by a country mile.

2nd in the entire league for tackles. 9th in the entire league for interceptions. Only Dunk (and Alzate in a lot less minutes) have successfully completed a higher percentage of passes. And if there was a “finding space when you have no right to” then he’d bet top of that too. Bissouma is the heartbeat of this side. Bridcutt won POTS twice in a row and if I’m honest Yves is much more important to our team than Bridcutt ever was.

He should be our POTS and the sadly we’ll lose him to a CL team where he will continue to make whoever he plays against look like children chasing their dad around the back garden, with no hope of ever winning the ball really. He’s going right to the top, the very very top. Just trying to enjoy in an Albion shirt whilst I can

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Biss definitely. Bosses midfield every game. Pure class.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sanchez

Came in half way through the season as a PL rookie and has hardly put a foot wrong in the most exposed position on the pitch in probably the toughest league in the world.

He has not only done his own job exceptionally well but the confidence the rest of the team has in him has transformed our defence. His influence on our performances has gone way beyond just keeping goal.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Veltman for me , what was it 900k to buy him , that's 2 weeks wages for Pogba :eek: , he's been outstanding and fully deserves to be player of the season .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here