Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've done the hard click so you don't have too.

Tottenham delay repayment of £175m taxpayer-backed loan for another year, despite owner Joe Lewis being worth £3.6bn... as London rivals Arsenal vow to repay a similar £120m loan this month

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ed-loan-175m-year-Arsenal-vow-repay-debt.html

Spurs, like Arsenal, asked for help from the Government’s Covid Corporate Financing Facility.

Arsenal’s loan is repayable this month and it is understood they will settle it in full despite reporting losses of £47.8m back in March and blowing another hole in their finances by losing Thursday’s Europa League semi-final to Villarreal.

Tottenham’s loan, meanwhile, was due to be repaid in March at an interest rate of 0.5 per cent but it is understood the club have rolled over the payment for another year.
The most wealthy of people rarely play with their own capital it’s relatively common.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Fortunately not all Spurs fans are clued in.

“What can Porter do that Ryan Mason can’t do?”.

https://youtu.be/HfkbhqyIeik

Don't know who the fat f**k is on the right as I would rather dig my eyeballs out with a baseball ball bat than listen to Talk Shite.

"Graham Plodder as I call him" Do **** off. You know as much about football as you do about brain surgery. Nothing :ffsparr:

Then says Spurs need to attract Antonio Conte who just won the League with Inter. :lol:

What a first class w@nker.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
One good thing, At least today’s result may have taken the wind out of the Potter to Spurs sails.

Every cloud.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What can I do to stop panicking about this 10 times a day?

He told (then) Champions League clubs Malmö FF and FC Copenhagen to **** off despite that they would probably have tripled his paycheck and provided him with pretty much free titles and yearly potential of the glory of managing in the CL, to stay in a city where it is dark and cold for about nine months a year in a club with no history and about one fifth of the attendance of Malmö or Copenhagen...

He is not chasing bags of gold and glory, there is no reason for him to leave a club that knows what it wants and what i does for a club that has no direction or long term idea.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
From the Grauniad

Premier League: talking points from the weekend’s action
J
Graham Potter further proves his capabilities,

6) Potter profile rises despite familiar issue
Graham Potter will be furious at his players for passing up the chance to secure their safety but the result here should not detract from the quality on show during the first half. Brighton passed the ball crisply and opened up Wolves on a number of occasions, with a lack of cutting edge up front the one thing preventing them from being out of sight by half-time. Brighton’s inability to finish has been exhaustively documented this season and in that sense it felt strangely fitting that the one goal they did score was a towering header from a centre-back. But that familiar failing it is not something that can be laid at the door of a coach who has made his team into more than the sum of its parts. There are plenty of other managers, some far higher up the table, who have spent the season doing the opposite. They should be worried for their jobs.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This doesn’t sound like a man who wants to leave. Seems like he has an affinity for us, our club, this project and our future.

“They are fantastic football clubs. But I’m proud of Brighton and Hove Albion. I'm proud to work for this club I'm proud to work with these players.”

Graham Potter admits he is a bit of a romantic as he tries to help Albion overcome the odds.

The Seagulls aim to secure a fifth successive season in the Premier League today by winning at Wolves.

It is a Premier League which was disunited recently by the attempts of the Super League Six to break away.

In the run-up to the trip to Molineux, Potter was asked whether the ESL episode showed the value of clubs such as Albion, working outside the big six and listening to the wishes of their fans.

The head coach replied: “I think so – and I’m not disrespecting those clubs.

“They are fantastic football clubs. But I’m proud of Brighton and Hove Albion. I'm proud to work for this club I'm proud to work with these players.

“With this team we've got some room to improve, some room to develop. At the same time, I'm proud of the work we've done as well, because sometimes it's hard to say that because you are in a points and results business.

“And, when they're not so good, you can't really shout those things too often.

“I'm still happy with what we've done, but I know there's more to do as well.”

Potter believes he can enjoy success against the odd with alion.

He said: “I’m a little bit of a romantic.

“I think you have to respect and understand that 95% of the leagues are determined by finance.

“So, clearly, if you've got more money, then there's a better chance that you can win, but I think there's a 5% that can affect that.

“And then it's about how do you get into that 5% and what do you need to do with that 5%, “That's the interesting bit and that's where what we're trying to do here.

“We're trying to develop something where we have to be clever with what we're doing.

“We have to align our ideas, so that we’re all going down the one path.

“We have to be really strong with our work. and that's the exciting thing. I'm really, really excited by that. “The competitor in me means of course you want to win, and you know that winning is part of the process.

“If you don't win, it's hard to convince people. But the most important thing is that you try to improve yourself.

“It's about the players too. You're trying to help them improve. And, if you can make a difference in people's lives, that's really special.”

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think it is the media who are more interested than Spurs and it is they who are trying to build a story for or against. Whilst the play in the first half did the club credit to have two players sent off in the second half is a poor advert for club discipline and common sense, particularly as the decisions seem unarguable.

I do not see Potter as a good fit for Spurs at the moment.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Agreed re the press, they have to write something. Spurs are an oddball from top to bottom and GP has his work cutout with our own oddballs on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here