Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Perez is an also ran to Max at the moment as far as the team is concerned but I think he is just as good, time will tell. Red Bull is built around Max, this could get “interesting”

You and I both know Perez was on the softs and Max made a mistake on his last run :wink:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Perez is an also ran to Max at the moment as far as the team is concerned but I think he is just as good, time will tell. Red Bull is built around Max, this could get “interesting”

Red Bull is built around Max but for me he is the 2nd best racer on the grid behind Lewis. Verstapen is destined to be a world Champion one day

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Lewis' pole lap was the very definition of a banker, he was playing it safe in all the danger zones where others ran the risk of having times deleted or getting out on the gravel/grass.

The man is pure class in an F1 car, clearly Mercedes aren't the fastest car on the grid yet he is still performing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Verstappen may not have hooked up his final lap but it's fair to say that Perez has done more in his 2nd qualification than any team mate since Ricciardo. That could get interesting if he keeps it up.

Shame about Norris. Would love to see him on the front row.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Red Bull is built around Max but for me he is the 2nd best racer on the grid behind Lewis. Verstapen is destined to be a world Champion one day

I genuinely think he is going to find himself seriously challenged by a team mate for the first time ever this season. I wonder how he’ll cope, I expect Red Bull to move him out of the way for Max in races though, or at least use him as just a wing man if they are both at the front.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Max is a very emotional a racer, like Hamilton. Hamilton learned to control this over the years and cut out his mistakes and became more calm in the stressful moments. Max needs to learn from Hamilton’s experience and to live up to his vast potential. If he can control himself better and cut out his mistakes under pressure he will be a future world champion.
It’s a key season for him as he definitely has the better car, the pressure will be on to perform as he is a favourite not an underdog.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I genuinely think he is going to find himself seriously challenged by a team mate for the first time ever this season. I wonder how he’ll cope, I expect Red Bull to move him out of the way for Max in races though, or at least use him as just a wing man if they are both at the front.

Two comparisons.

Schumacher never allowed himself to be challenged Benetton or Ferrari. That was part of the reason for his success. He had first choice or everything & even got to decide how much his team mates tested their cars. He never lost control but then never had it at Mercedes where Rosberg continually smashed him, perhaps he was too old or perhaps Rosberg was better?

Vettel tried to have a similar set-up at Red Bull, but when Ricciardo came along, he’d met his match. He beat him up most of the time but it was him being massacred against Leclerc that showed that despite his titles, Vettel does not deserve to be mentioned alongside greats such as Schumacher, Alonso, Senna, Prost and the GOAT-Hamilton.

If Pérez starts to out score Max regularly (using his experience over Max’s obvious immaturity) there could be huge fireworks.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Two comparisons.

Schumacher never allowed himself to be challenged Benetton or Ferrari. That was part of the reason for his success. He had first choice or everything & even got to decide how much his team mates tested their cars. He never lost control but then never had it at Mercedes where Rosberg continually smashed him, perhaps he was too old or perhaps Rosberg was better?

Vettel tried to have a similar set-up at Red Bull, but when Ricciardo came along, he’d met his match. He beat him up most of the time but it was him being massacred against Leclerc that showed that despite his titles, Vettel does not deserve to be mentioned alongside greats such as Schumacher, Alonso, Senna, Prost and the GOAT-Hamilton.

If Pérez starts to out score Max regularly (using his experience over Max’s obvious immaturity) there could be huge fireworks.

Yes very interesting to see how they cope, and to see if over the season Perez keeps up the pace in qualifying, past experience points otherwise; although he’s always outperforms his starting positions in a race.
Today’s race will be interesting as Perez is on softer tyres and has a good chance of leaping Lewis at the start, then Red Bull will be able to tactically control the race. Can’t see that ending well for Perez. Going to be a good watch.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
With Perez on the counter strategy starting on the softs and Bottas back in 8th this is the first time in a long time that the 2 on 1 situation favours Red Bull. Its their race to lose.
And it may have already been mentioned, but how cool would it be to live in one of those houses overlooking Rivazza, what a view!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I didn't get much of a chance to see qualifying yesterday but once again I have to say if I was George Russell I'd be dropping subtle hints within earshot of Bottas' Mercedes garage about how much I'm outperforming my car...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I didn't get much of a chance to see qualifying yesterday but once again I have to say if I was George Russell I'd be dropping subtle hints within earshot of Bottas' Mercedes garage about how much I'm outperforming my car...

I'm no so sure he did yesterday. That Williams is much improved and will pick up points this year. They appear to be quicker than Haas and Alfa in qualifying and race as well as - albeit on the right tracks - being able to mix it with Red Bull B, Alpine and the Astons. This will be a much better season for GR as he will be able to race rather than beat his team mate and watch everyone else dissappear out of sight.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Red Bull always have a number 1 & a number 2 driver. I'd love to see Max competing with Lewis for the title

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm no so sure he did yesterday. That Williams is much improved and will pick up points this year. They appear to be quicker than Haas and Alfa in qualifying and race as well as - albeit on the right tracks - being able to mix it with Red Bull B, Alpine and the Astons. This will be a much better season for GR as he will be able to race rather than beat his team mate and watch everyone else dissappear out of sight.

I agree as I think Lewis would destroy his confidence as he done to Bottas. I think GR is a little raw to be in the number one team at the moment

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This is going to be very interesting. Heavy rain on some parts of the track, bone dry in others and very cold too.

Bring it on

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The lapped cars are a total and utter disgrace, forcing cars to go on the wet line under blue flags.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Damage limitation for Hamilton.

I don’t see that Bottas did anything wrong, over reaction by Russell?

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bottas was drifting over, but looks like a misjudgment by Russell to me

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Can’t see that Bottas did anything wrong there. Russell tried to find a gap which wasn’t there and his back right went slightly on the grass, hence the high rev just before hitting VB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here