Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Bob Sanchez

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A Spanish mate, a Valencia fan, asked me yesterday if he was that good, when I told him his next Spanish International keeper would be from Brighton. His response was “Tan Bueno Es?”

Lovely that he has proved he is good enough to get called up the following day :lolol:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Him and Pope the best keepers in the prem. the upgrade on Ryan is absolutely ridiculous. In striker equivalent it’s like going from Aaron connolly to Harry Kane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Think Martinez and Ederson might have something to say about that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's hardly 'chosen' them, he's Spanish and they've called him up.

Wonderful achievement for him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Agreed - why would anyone think Sanchez is / would play for England over Spain?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Muzza will be pleased, the interview he did a few weeks back where he said he knew Sanchez was special and he took him under his wing will hopefully be one of those that's churned out when he is winning a world cup.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Excellent news. Also fantastic for Potter and the club as it shows youth players there is a genuine platform for progression from signing to playing to getting international recognition.

Again it’s almost as if we know what we’re doing behind the scenes.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Very please for SBS, utter madness that he was so far down the pecking order at the start of the season, now being called up for Spain. I wonder what his value is looking like right now.

All those threads about our academy and what a waste of time it is are looking a little stupid now.

Yet another tick in the box for Potter for me. Brave, brave decision to drop Ryan and play Sanchez, but his commitment to younger players is paying off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent news. Also fantastic for Potter and the club as it shows youth players there is a genuine platform for progression from signing to playing to getting international recognition.

Unless you have aspirations to play for England, which will not happen as long as that Palace **** in the waistcoat is in charge

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yet another tick in the box for Potter for me. Brave, brave decision to drop Ryan and play Sanchez, but his commitment to younger players is paying off.

For sure it would have been other than avoid relegation his main objective when taking the Job. I wouldn't mind a bit more experience in the team than we have at the moment, but you cant knock Potter for giving these players a chance.

Connelly, Alzate and Sanchez all called up to international squads in their debut seasons says a lot. White and Lamptey wont be far behind too.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ploy from Spain to tie him down to Spain? I wonder, as I know he’s eligible for England, Spain and given his parents one would assume he’s got lineage elsewhere also,

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Makes you wonder how on earth Walton was ahead of him in the pecking order to be honest

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here