Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One thing you like about Graham Potter

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Write just one thing you like and put some detail as to why.

No slating him (thread rules). Even if you think he should be sacked, presumably you can recognise one redeeming feature. So what is it?

I'm going to start with ......

Body language during the game.

That calmness must rub off on the players. Always positive and encouraging. Contrast with Hassenhutl today. Shouting and screaming at refs, like a fan might, like a fan, someone not in control. Graham's control of his emotions and ability to project calm authority are really something else

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Never too full of himself, he could have easily bigged himself up when we went on that run beating Liverpool and Spurs but it’s not his style, I respect that.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Very difficult to highlight only one as there are so many for me.

As the thread requires though I’ll go for we play entertaining football and ultimately that’s what it should be about. Yes it’s been devastating that we’ve ####ed it up so many times - in so many different ways - but the games have usually been good to watch and some of our play has been first class. Long may it last - staying up would be great though!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The way he has seamlessly changed our style, we are now a joy to watch most games.

L’il Ole Brighton and Hove Albion go toe to toe with the top six, I never thought I’d see this in my wildest dreams before he arrived.

It doesn’t always end well but we give ourselves a chance no matter who we are playing home and away

This is 100% down to Graham Potter, I like it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An intelligent coach, with humility - making him very likeable in my eyes.

In a sport of egos, cheats and mind games bores, he stands out as honest and innocent.

His teams are a reflection of that. Football based on skill and positivity, not orchestrated to hurt opponents, run down the clock, con the ref, use brute force.

The antonym: Pulis

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lost both parents in the last 18 months or so whilst fighting an Albion relegation battle.

That would have broken most of his detractors.

He just stays calm and carries on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just one thing hmm... His arse.

Or maybe that he likes to give players that other clubs find too bad / too small / too weird a chance to show what took them somewhere in the first place. Like in Östersund with their mix of rejects/refugees/ex-criminals/lower league English players, or in Swansea where he gave the chance to 10+ players previously seen as shite by former managers, believing that if they are allowed to express their personalities and qualities on the pitch, they can be good enough.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He understands that there is a long-term measured plan making him very levelheaded and down to earth. He makes me feel confident that we will progress for in the future for many years to come, although this may be slow progress

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Just one thing hmm... His arse.

Or maybe that he likes to give players that other clubs find too bad / too small / too weird a chance to show what took them somewhere in the first place. Like in Östersund with their mix of rejects/refugees/ex-criminals/lower league English players, or in Swansea where he gave the chance to 10+ players previously seen as shite by former managers, believing that if they are allowed to express their personalities and qualities on the pitch, they can be good enough.

Yep, totally agree.

His arse is amazing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Makes me look good looking? :shrug:

(But I fully accept he is a multi-millionaire PL football manager. And I'm not.)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He knows more about the Albion squad than anyone on here, despite what some members think [emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here