Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Wilder has left Sheffield United...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's unfortunate for their fans. He'd have probably got them straight back up next season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fantastic news. They are obviously starting their Championship planning early. I’d be surprised if they gather many more points this season now. He was such a huge part of their success.

A vital 3 points in our away fixture is more probable now.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He'll now be favourite for the Palace job in the summer. Unfortunately he'll be ideal for them.

Bournemouth also mentioned...

Would you take him here ?

Would he be interested in jobs down south? I know he managed Oxford for a number of seasons, but he’s always struck me as someone who wants to stay up north and didn’t he leave us as a player because he couldn’t settle in the south? I guess the wages Bournemouth or Palace may offer him as manager would make it a lot easier to settle than what we would have paid him in our first season at Withdean.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Fantastic news. They are obviously starting their Championship planning early. I’d be surprised if they gather many more points this season now. He was such a huge part of their success.

A vital 3 points in our away fixture is more probable now.

Until Poyet rocks up there and then ****s us over!!!!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Real shame. Good guy and a fan of the club. Done a fantastic job really in his time there and throughout his career.
Yep, always comes over very well. I am not particularly a fan of his playing style but he's a great manager. Done well with what he's got, passionate about the game and respectful of others.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He's done a good job for them, not sure they'll find anyone better.

It's also always sad to see an ex-Albion player leave the managerial roundabout - just three left now

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must admit, I hoped he was staying out the season as part of a plan for him to bring them back next season. I'm not ready to make nice about the other clubs or managers at the bottom until I know we are safe.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Saudi owner wants to bring in a Director of Football to oversee recruitment. It is clear that poor recruitment has been a big factor, but how much of that is down to Wilder and how much of that is down to the board remains to be seen.

However, I think the chairman has made a huge error. Although recruitment has been poor it is injuries that have killed Wilder. His success last year was built on a rock-solid defence - the 4th best in the Prem with only 39 goals conceded. This season they've been without O'Connell for the whole season, and big chunks of it without Baldock, Stevens, Egan, plus other key players Berge, Fleck, McBurnie - the list really does go on.

You could see this going very wrong for the Blades. Finishing 9th last season was an incredible achievement, and Wilder raised expectations and made a rod for his own back. I feel he could have brought them straight back up next season once his players had recovered their fitness, but now you could see that side breaking up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wilder will end up at Newcastle or Palace

He’s been quite clever here if it’s mutual, I can’t see Sheff United coming back up next season and he is leaving whilst his stock is high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here