[Football] Call me old fashioned....

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
FFS

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not sure about BT Sport in early 2021, but, if anyone's interested, these were the targets from the BBC's Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2016-2020.

- 50% women on screen, on-air and in lead roles across all genres from Drama to News by 2020

- 8% disabled people, on screen and on-air including some lead roles by 2020

- 8% LGBT on screen portrayal including some lead roles by 2020

- 15% black, Asian and ethnic minorities onscreen, on-air and in lead roles across all genres by 2020

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/diversity/pdf/diversity-and-inclusion-strategy-2016.pdf

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure about BT Sport in early 2021, but, if anyone's interested, these were the targets from the BBC's Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2016-2020.

- 50% women on screen, on-air and in lead roles across all genres from Drama to News by 2020

- 15% black, Asian and ethnic minorities onscreen, on-air and in lead roles across all genres by 2020

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/diversity/pdf/diversity-and-inclusion-strategy-2016.pdf
Yes, good - that should improve the punditry all round then.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The only thing I ever ask for is competence.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The only thing I ever ask for is competence.

Exactly, wonder if any of them know the offside rule? If they do they could come on here and explain it to those ignorant souls that frequent this board.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Does it matter ? How well did they do the job ?
I didn`t see it tonight but everytime i have seen it it goes something like a game i saw at the end of last year .
Watching a woman try to tell two players how Liverpool got it wrong when Graeme Souness is one of the panel members and a current player who plays against these same players week in week out is ridiculous . It would be like me telling a woman i know exactly how child birth feels .

D

Deleted member 22389

I like Clare Balding and Gaby Logan. They seem to command more respect than the new wave of presenters. Has anyone seen Lawro lately?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I guess it does because it’s sexist ironically - the featured match should include at least one man given the game is played by 22 men and managed by men. However, Football has disappeared up its backside as others have already said. Personally I prefer to listen to the opinions of people who’ve been there and done it, as opposed to someone who’s never played in front a sizeable crowd or achieved the standard of men’s non league. It takes time for this to build up and yet suddenly it’s ok to get rid of all the men, especially white, from our screens despite many being able and having more credibility from their playing days.
A lot of truth there, it's amazing how many middle aged males have been indoctrinated/castrated and now fully support this 'positive'' discrimination quota driven bollox.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't really care who you are as long as you make sense. Karen Carney is AWFUL. But then so is MacManaman. Cashley Cole can barely complete a sentence.

Ebony Rainford-Brent makes more sense on C4 cricket than any of the Indian men. Is she a "quota"?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Call me a sexist dinosaur but I have to agree with the thread opener and portlock seagull.
Mind you the only pundit I listen to with interest is Warren Aspinall.

It’s ok, certain conversations in society are effectively banned now and if you put forward an alternative perspective then you’re immediately labelled as such. Let the name calling begin. Because you can’t strike a balance. It has to be polarised. 100% for. 100% against. Nothing in between is allowed remember!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So of all the televised matches this season, 1 of them will feature an all female panel?

"Football is disappearing up it's own arse"???

What a bunch of easily triggered snowflakes you lot are.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

All about numbers and nothing to do with ability. Discriminatory strategy.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s ok, certain conversations in society are effectively banned now and if you put forward an alternative perspective then you’re immediately labelled as such. Let the name calling begin. Because you can’t strike a balance. It has to be polarised. 100% for. 100% against. Nothing in between is allowed remember!

Nobody is preventing you from speaking. On this thread it’s various posters calling themselves dinosaurs, that’s all.
No name calling here. I just don’t really care about the gender of football pundits. I like Alex Scott and Gary Neville.I don’t think much of Souness, Keown, and quite a few others. The fact that they have played the game at the highest level doesn’t make them any better at being pundits. It’s probably just down to personal taste.

D

Deleted member 22389

A lot of truth there, it's amazing how many middle aged males have been indoctrinated/castrated and now fully support this 'positive'' discrimination quota driven bollox.

I agree, but the way society is today you now have to be careful what you say, even for the smallest of things. I just try and laugh at this Bollox.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nobody is preventing you from speaking. On this thread it’s various posters calling themselves dinosaurs, that’s all.
No name calling here. I just don’t really care about the gender of football pundits. I like Alex Scott and Gary Neville.I don’t think much of Souness, Keown, and quite a few others. The fact that they have played the game at the highest level doesn’t make them any better at being pundits. It’s probably just down to personal taste.

But you’re not the problem. Others feel the need to apologise for holding their view because by and large they get attacked by the zealots. Worse still, as with other ‘society issues’ people feel they can’t express or mention them. Watch and wait...you’ll see exactly what I mean in a mo :)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

These days if you say you're a middle-aged male, you get arrested and thrown in jail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here