Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A straightforward poll. Who in your opinion is in the worst position to avoid relegation.

Who is in the worst position?

• Brighton

Votes: 85 23.9%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 129 36.2%
  • Fulham

Votes: 85 23.9%
  • I dont want to think about it.

Votes: 57 16.0%

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be fair that’s exactly how I feel about them, if they sort their crap out they could pull away from us.

This is probably the crux, isn’t it?

If Newcastle get their shit together and we don’t, we go down.
If we get our shit together and Newcastle don’t, they go down.
If both us and Newcastle get our shit together, Fulham go down.
If neither of us get our shit together then West Brom have an outside chance of relegating us both.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This is probably the crux, isn’t it?

If Newcastle get their shit together and we don’t, we go down.
If we get our shit together and Newcastle don’t, they go down.
If both us and Newcastle get our shit together, Fulham go down.
If neither of us get our shit together then West Brom have an outside chance of relegating us both.

Very much so. On the back of 3 straight losses I’m just feeling pretty pessimistic.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Newcastle.

Wilson out and the players hate the manager
Wilson, Saint maximum and almiron are back after the international break. With those players they are sadly far better than us. I'm.praying we beat them in 2 weeks time or we are toast.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fulham made some January signings which has improved them no end. We kept our fingers crossed.

Wrong.

They signed one player on loan in January. A striker, he’s scored just 2 goals and 0 assists in 7 games, both goals in the same match.

We signed one player permanently, one of the most exciting young players in the world, wanted by top clubs all over Europe, and brought back 3 international players from their loans early.

If you’re going to be critical of the club, at least get your facts right.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Matter of factly, Fulham have less points than Newcastle and a worse GD than us and have one less game to get points from. So them.
However. Fulham have played well for months now. We, on our day, are the best of the three, and have the habit of unexpected results against better teams.

Newcastle are in a mess. I feel sorry for Bruce. I actually think he is treated really unfairly by the Geordie press. They never wanted him at the club and I genuinely think they'd prefer them to be relegated if it cost him his job. That, coupled with the Ritchie/leak stuff, and the general demeanour around the club makes me think they are the ones who will go down.
They have to play 7 of the top ten in their final 11 games, plus us and Fulham. They're going to really struggle.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Burnley and a desperately out of form Saints are much closer to the drop than the media are suggesting come the final game of the season.

Nothing like games against Sheffield United and then us next weekend to help turn around your woeful form, though...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Impossible to say, really. There'll be twists and turns before the end of the season yet in terms of each of our form.

Fulham beat Liverpool yesterday, yes, but everyone's beating them away at the moment, and their form isn't that great. I think people are getting a bit carried away - last 5 they've drawn with Palace and Burnley, lost to spurs, beat sheff United. Struggling to score as much as we are, too, overall. Their tales will be up after this weekend, but they Man City next and tough fixtures after that.

A few games ago you'd have said we were in quite a healthy position relegation wise, now we're not. Pull our shit together again in the next few games and things will look better again, esp if we can beat Newcastle. We were all wondering if and when we were ever going to win again before we beat Leeds unexpectedly, so who knows.

Newcastle seem a shambles on and off the pitch, but some of their missing key players should be back soon.

Who knows? It's going to be a bit of a roller-coaster I expect, though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
us for sure.

We've proven if we play at our max we still could go down.

Deviate slightly of playing at our max and we get zero points

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I'd like to say Newcastle and earlier I voted that way but on reflection I think it's us. Fulham look like they have the fight in them but let's just bloody hope their run comes to an end next game and knocks them off course. Newcastle look very shoddy but with players returning I think they'll have enough to grind out some wins. We, unfortunately, just don't seem to have it in us and despite some brief glimmers of hope that has been the story for the vast majority of the season. We can only go on hoping those near us are worse than us for so long before the fight is taken out of our hands and we are perilously close to that point.

If we go down I can honestly say it's not unexpected for me but if we stay up I probably won't feel anything as we've been in this position ever since coming up and it's hard to enjoy that.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fulham are now sprinting towards the line full of confidence, ourselves and Newcastle are desperately dragging ourselves towards the line with a distinct lack of an idea of what to do to arrest the current slump.

The Premier League is a marathon and not a sprint ( or so I'm told)
Fulham have been in good form, but if this is their sprint for the line, they are going to need to keep it going for a quarter of the race.
I'm not sure that analogy is a good one (yet)

Their next game is City. If they win that, then yes I would make them favourites to stay up.
But as it stands, we need to match their results to finish above them, and we have a game in hand.

I would feel more comfortable about that if we had some clarity on Webster's injury.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fulham are a mirror of us in a lot of ways. They play pretty well but struggle to score. We've both scored 5 goals in our last 8 games. We have 8 pts from those, they have 12, so there is the catch up. I think we know that particularly Palace and West Brom, we should have at least equaled that 12 from 8.

Newcastle have actually scored 7 in 8 games, but only picked up 5 points.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
If we don't beat Newcastle at home we deserve to go down, that said I think we will beat them.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
If we don't beat Newcastle at home we deserve to go down, that said I think we will beat them.

Hopefully we will beat them but if they park the bus it could be more frustration for us. Can see us drawing against both them and Saints to leave us hanging in no man's land.

Watching us at the moment feels like seeing someone slowly drowning, breaking the surface every now and again but gradually losing strength and getting sucked under the water. Where's the lifeboat?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The Premier League is a marathon and not a sprint ( or so I'm told)
Fulham have been in good form, but if this is their sprint for the line, they are going to need to keep it going for a quarter of the race.
I'm not sure that analogy is a good one (yet)

Their next game is City. If they win that, then yes I would make them favourites to stay up.
But as it stands, we need to match their results to finish above them, and we have a game in hand.

I would feel more comfortable about that if we had some clarity on Webster's injury.

Regarding Fulham, it’s a lot easier to keep the high level of performance when confidence is on the rise, and that’s how they seem to be trending at the moment. The Newcastle game concerns me, it’s got all the hallmarks of a stodgy all out defensive stand from Bruce’s barcodes.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Regarding Fulham, it’s a lot easier to keep the high level of performance when confidence is on the rise, and that’s how they seem to be trending at the moment. The Newcastle game concerns me, it’s got all the hallmarks of a stodgy all out defensive stand from Bruce’s barcodes.

Yes I would agree with that.

However if Fulham take a 0-5 humping as City react to losing the derby and we finally get some luck and get a streaky win against Saints, then the momentum could change.

There's more than half a dozen new ones on the same theme. A new thread for each opinion. Well, not opinion, really, each different way of criticising and handwringing. As a regular and sensible poster wrote yesterday, NSC becomes unreadable after each draw or defeat.

So, sure, no problem. Discuss, share opinions. And I can share mine, too. :shrug:

And yet here you are contributing to another meaningless thread 😆

Wrong.

They signed one player on loan in January. A striker, he’s scored just 2 goals and 0 assists in 7 games, both goals in the same match.

We signed one player permanently, one of the most exciting young players in the world, wanted by top clubs all over Europe, and brought back 3 international players from their loans early.

If you’re going to be critical of the club, at least get your facts right.

Ah but the big flaw in that argument is POTTER WONT PLAY THEM!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here