Votes: 98 21.9%
  • Fence

Votes: 59 13.2%

• Total voters

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Lol..it’s not stopped people speculating before ....indeed quite a few threads are based on ifs and maybes

tenor (1).gif R76b44fdda652fb7068a89b214764222d.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The decision to recall him was because of the work permit opportunity.

Still not a Potter signing.

Semantics.

Was never going to get a work permit when we signed him. Same deal with Tau. Potter was free to veto both their loan recalls and continues to be free to use them or not. Hughton never had that luxury.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Semantics.

Was never going to get a work permit when we signed him. Same deal with Tau. Potter was free to veto both their loan recalls and continues to be free to use them or not. Hughton never had that luxury.

True but feel we are getting away from the point

He wasn’t a Potter signing, that’s all I was pointing out.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Our fans are worryingly fickle/clueless.

It is quite obvious that Potter is too good for us... yet numerous dinosaurs actually want him sacked.

May as well release Sanchez on a free after the 2nd Leicester goal. Lamptey's not played in a while, get rid of him too while we're at it. <--- same level of idiocy as wanting Potter sacked.

One home win in 18 and you say he is too good for us ?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Some weeks I am Potter "in" others Potter "out" but ultimately my opinion and others on here is worth nothing especially as we cannot air our views directly to Potter and the team as we could if the stadium was open.

However, I would say that if the Club is relegated this season I would expect Potter to leave especially after the way the Club treated Hughton who kept us up and reached the FA Cup Semi Final in his last season.

I don't hold with the view that people who are Potter fans throw at others on here demanding that they name who they would replace Potter with as that is not in a fans remit and hopefully the Club would have an appropriate replacement lined up. When Hughton was sacked who had honestly heard of Graham Potter , were fans naming and clamouring for him ?

Results are everything and Potter should be accountable for them over the whole season.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Incredible isn’t it. How anyone can judge a manager (in any industry) without taking results into account is beyond me. Not to say he won’t turn it around but at the moment he isn’t performing and that’s just a statement of fact.

Of course you take results into account, but not only results. If you’re a CEO and a director isn’t hitting their targets, you wouldn’t just sack them, you’d look into it, what’s the context, what’s going on in their team, what are they doing about it, are they being proactive and looking likely to turn it around.

If you’re in charge of Liverpool, do you sack Klopp? Results haven’t been good enough.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I love what potter is trying to do and I have loved watching Brighton. And if we go down and Bloom keeps faith to rebuild the team in Potter's image then I'm fine with that.....

BUT...

I think it was Matthew Upson who was co-commentating yesterday and thought I didn't like what he was saying he was right. Our squad just isn't good enough to play the game that Potter wants to the standard that will make us competitive. The teams has worked really hard and most of the time they have overperformed but they are who they are..... not good enough to constantly play in this tactic and finish safe from relegation. Then the question becomes... do we change the tactic to fit the team? I don't want to go back to the days of Hughton so if we go down and Potter is given time to get it right then OK. But something is wrong and we have to temper our expectations accordingly.

For me, thinking about Potter' s style:

Sanchez - potential but had rickets
Dunk / Webster / White - all good but work best in a 3 .... only Dunk looks safe in a 2.
Burn - ok in a three but not a left back
Veltman - fine but no a WB
March - done well as a wing back but is not a full back
Lamptey-yes
Bissouma - fine
McAllister - fine but we he's not creative enough for premiership alongside Bissouma
Propper- gone it seems
Alzate - a sub
Gross - only playing because he is the only one who is creative enough (last year he was rightly identified as too slow) - but his set pieces have detiorated.
Trossard - just isn't enough consistently
Maupay - not enough on his own in the premiership, need a striker next to him who is a ruthless finisher... which is not Potter's style
Lallana - seems to only be able to play a half
Wellbeck - was never the answer

This tactic needs a strong back three (Dunk Webster white / burn), two wing backs March and Lamptey, one holding MC (Bissouma), a holding / creative MC (Mcallister if the AMC is fast), an AMC (what Trossard should have been or a fast Gross) who can wander and an SC (eve Origi would be an improvement) who is an all rounder. We don't have enough of that, especially when injuries bite.

So.... don't want Potter go go but only if... if we do go down, he can rebuild because this team is not the team he needs.

My 5 pence worth.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Of course you take results into account, but not only results. If you’re a CEO and a director isn’t hitting their targets, you wouldn’t just sack them, you’d look into it, what’s the context, what’s going on in their team, what are they doing about it, are they being proactive and looking likely to turn it around.

If you’re in charge of Liverpool, do you sack Klopp? Results haven’t been good enough.

When did I say anything about sacking him ? I have quite clearly said the opposite.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I was supporting your own premise...I think.:)

Nope, my premise is that Potter can do a lot better in his job of managing Brighton and Hove Albion. Results are not good enough and he needs to improve. I dislike the Bielsa type veneration of our manager but believe we stick with him this season and next (regardless of relegation or survival). Criticism of what is happening at the moment is perfectly justifiable because he isn’t God.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Nope, my premise is that Potter can do a lot better in his job of managing Brighton and Hove Albion. Results are not good enough and he needs to improve. I dislike the Bielsa type veneration of our manager but believe we stick with him this season and next (regardless of relegation or survival). Criticism of what is happening at the moment is perfectly justifiable because he isn’t God.

Exactly. If I was TB I’d be sat down wanting a full run down of exactly what’s going on, what’s being done, what plans are for next games, what is lacking that could be provided etc. I didn’t realise anyone was saying he is without criticism, just that he shouldn’t be sacked.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Must admit I'd like to see what the views are of the people on here who were calling GPot the greatest manager we've ever had after our 'best result in the clubs history' make of the current situation

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Exactly. If I was TB I’d be sat down wanting a full run down of exactly what’s going on, what’s being done, what plans are for next games, what is lacking that could be provided etc. I didn’t realise anyone was saying he is without criticism, just that he shouldn’t be sacked.

and exactly what do you think TB is doing, not giving a toss about his MASSIVE investment, sitting on the beach scratching his ass? Some of our supporters are absolutely beyond me!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The argument that the blame lies with the players for letting down the manager is one that seems to absolve Potter from blame. The claim that he is too good for our club takes this nonsense to the next level and is an insult to our club. The buck stops with Potter, responsibility lies with him. Playing good football in the middle third of the field is not sufficient.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here