Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We were an ants whisker from....

We were so close to getting results from our last two games. Small percentages that would have seen us on an 8 game unbeaten run having beaten Leeds, Liverpool, Spurs and potentially palace or West brom or both. Can you imagine the euphoria around this place. Yes we have an issue around converting chances but so much is spot on with our side. Confidence seems to be the problem in the 6 yard box and digging out players one by one ain't gonna help. I would just enjoy the roller coaster as it taken me 50 years waiting for a squad, manager, chairman and stadium this good. Hold on tight fellas /girlie's keep your nerve.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You almost get the feeling that once we get the hang of scoring then we won't stop.
No one can be that unlucky forever...................or can they ? (Brighton way..etc.)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
You almost get the feeling that once we get the hang of scoring then we won't stop.
No one can be that unlucky forever...................or can they ? (Brighton way..etc.)
There has been nothing from any of these players to suggest they won't stop scoring. Every time they go on little runs the goals soon dry up.

Nice post by the OP though. let's hope this season is a stepping stone rather than a missed opportunity

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We were so close to getting results from our last two games. Small percentages that would have seen us on an 8 game unbeaten run having beaten Leeds, Liverpool, Spurs and potentially palace or West brom or both. Can you imagine the euphoria around this place. Yes we have an issue around converting chances but so much is spot on with our side. Confidence seems to be the problem in the 6 yard box and digging out players one by one ain't gonna help. I would just enjoy the roller coaster as it taken me 50 years waiting for a squad, manager, chairman and stadium this good. Hold on tight fellas /girlie's keep your nerve.

Well said.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Have we had a a shot hit the woodwork and go in this season? rather than come back into play safely?

I think Solly may have had one that managed to come back across the goal and spin out for a goal kick?
Or am I misremembering that?
If so that has to be the freakiest one so far.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh a couple of dozen anger merchants are probably composing paragraphs of bile as we speak ... but yes, well said OP.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

You’re completely wrong and need to learn from the experts here. Potter is a third rate coach from Sweden who doesn’t know what he’s doing. He doesn’t know his best team. He needs to man up and shakedown Tony Bloom until he buys a striker and not take no for an answer. He needs to show far more passion and scream, rant and rave about referees in front of the camera.

1 or 2 wins = we’re always losing
Unbeaten runs = we completely forget about and ignore once we get a bad result.

We should be mid table or better.

Oh and xG and stats are completely irrelevant. I think that covers everything. Porter out.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Have we had a a shot hit the woodwork and go in this season? rather than come back into play safely?

I think Solly may have had one that managed to come back across the goal and spin out for a goal kick?
Or am I misremembering that?
If so that has to be the freakiest one so far.

Just remembered it was against United.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hopefully staying up this season and when thats done, a bit of a reset for everyone and a lot of the demons chasing the attackers and midfielders will be gone and we'll see a new start. One or two sginings would be nice but just getting rid of this weird shite season would probably would probably be helpful in itself. Goalie (relatively) suddenly turned into shite, best player got injured eleven games into the season, only left back in the squad injured days after sending another one out on loan, the five woodwork hits against United and the post-match goal, Kane/Lallana penalty, March vs Saints penalty, the tirades of missed chances against everyone (not saying its only bad luck but its certainly not good luck either), two missed penalties and a freak goal days ago... Just end it please. "More points than last season, higher up the league than team x"... **** all of that shit, I take 17th place only staying up on goal difference. Bring on 21/22.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

On the button. Every word.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Hopefully staying up this season and when thats done, a bit of a reset for everyone and a lot of the demons chasing the attackers and midfielders will be gone and we'll see a new start. One or two sginings would be nice but just getting rid of this weird shite season would probably would probably be helpful in itself. Goalie (relatively) suddenly turned into shite, best player got injured eleven games into the season, only left back in the squad injured days after sending another one out on loan, the five woodwork hits against United and the post-match goal, Kane/Lallana penalty, March vs Saints penalty, the tirades of missed chances against everyone (not saying its only bad luck but its certainly not good luck either), two missed penalties and a freak goal days ago... Just end it please. "More points than last season, higher up the league than team x"... **** all of that shit, I take 17th place only staying up on goal difference. Bring on 21/22.
Haha, you feel like this as a sort of neutral, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Horrible, frustrating season of pandemic football on Sky/BT and i feel like i know Bill Leslie better than my nan these days.

Looking forward to being back in the ground, at least if the football's shite there's a few pints with mates to wash it down

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

The only thing that shakes me of this kind of optimism is watching our matches. I spend the first half of the week thinking that we are nearly the finished article and that, at some point, its going to click, then I watch us find yet another new and unlikely way of turning dominance into failure. I'm starting to think that someone is going to have to wee in all four corners of the ground. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...-news/barry-fry-birmingham-city-leak-13062683

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I do think that if we survive this season, we will really push on next season (with the help of some good transfer business maybe)

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
There have been some bad misses this season but also our luck has been pretty poor in a number of instances, what with poor refs and injuries to our best players. Since these things are meant to level themselves out over time we should prepare ourselves to be challenging for Champions League next season. In fact, anything less and I shall become the poster boy for Potter Out!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Have we had any “lucky” goals where a deflection was key? For all the shots we have it is remarkable that we don’t seem to have many lucky goals. We must have had some but I can’t remember.

Just yesterday Kane and Liverpool both had one. Firmino’s effort was awful (similar to maupay’s vs watford) and was going very wide. It hit a defender and gave keeper no chance. It seems almost impossible that given all our shots and the number we have blocked that none have gone in. Maybe I have just forgotten them.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Have we had any “lucky” goals where a deflection was key? For all the shots we have it is remarkable that we don’t seem to have many lucky goals. We must have had some but I can’t remember.

Just yesterday Kane and Liverpool both had one. Firmino’s effort was awful (similar to maupay’s vs watford) and was going very wide. It hit a defender and gave keeper no chance. It seems almost impossible that given all our shots and the number we have blocked that none have gone in. Maybe I have just forgotten them.

Alzate vs Liverpool?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Both Alzate's goals.

About it though I think.
We've had approximately 1,034 against us though.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Ah yes. Alzate. I thought there must be one.

The fact that we have conceded so many from relatively few shots is not just down to Ryan. It is a weird uncontrollable about what the oppo do. For example, saints had two far better chances from a corner against Leeds than they had vs us and they messed them both up. Vs us it was the perfect header that would happen about 1 in 20. Completely unsavable. Palace two touches in box and both were Messi like finishes. It is so unlucky.

Obviously our finishing could be better but we keep running into teams who score freak goals too.

We should have known from the chelsea game where we conceded a deflection and Reece James worldie. Has he got close to another one since? Nope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here