Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Ben White Rumour

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Why have we become a selling club? We should be looking at keeping our best players and building around them. PB said Europe in 5 years, was that the Albion or just our current players?

Have we become a selling club?

The players who are most likely to attract big money are still with us, and signed on long contacts aren't they?

I'm thinking Dunk, Bissouma and White here.

I confess to losing track of football in the last year though, so I may be missing something.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Un de mes amis l'a rencontré en vacances et a dit qu'il était désespéré d'aller au PSG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep.

And might be cheaper for me too as my son has a White Albion shirt (his favourite player) and an Mbappe PSG shirt so I could maybe find a way of taking the 3 and White off the Albion shirt and replacing Mbappe on the PSG one! Much rather this than Liverpool or United!

I think you've just solved our problems in one stroke. Sell White to PSG, and we get Mbappe. Job's a good 'un. WERE WIN.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Have we become a selling club?

The players who are most likely to attract big money are still with us, and signed on long contacts aren't they?

I'm thinking Dunk, Bissouma and White here.

I confess to losing track of football in the last year though, so I may be missing something.

There are currently about 4-5 clubs on the planet that aren’t selling clubs. PSG are one of them; we aren’t.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why have we become a selling club? We should be looking at keeping our best players and building around them. PB said Europe in 5 years, was that the Albion or just our current players?

Selling club? The last player we sold that we clearly didn’t want to was Ulloa - we’ve not sold one player in the prem era that has felt like a big loss! I’m sure we will have to, but we have been the exact opposite of a selling club! You’re basing that on every rumour coming true I feel.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
There are currently about 4-5 clubs on the planet that aren’t selling clubs. PSG are one of them; we aren’t.

Every club is a selling club if the numbers are right or the player wants to leave and their contract situation demands it. Do PSG want to sell Mbappe? No. Does Mbappe want to go to Madrid? Seemingly so. It'll be interesting to see what comes of that.

Only occasionally are players unsellable (Messi at Barcelona for example)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Of course we're a selling club. And a buying club. It's like being on the housing ladder - you buy one, sell it on for a profit and buy a bigger/better one, sell on for a profit ... and rinse and repeat.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wow that would be much better than selling him to a direct rival. Nice bit of global publicity too. Price would have to be right but is the one player I’d be accepting big bid for if I was Uncle Tony.

Not for me. Only his first season in the PL and he’s performed very well, I expect him to go up another level next season and is a cemented part of our first team.

Granted, if silly money is offered that’s different. But that applies to all of our players.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Can you list the players we've developed and then sold to 'bigger' clubs for profit. I can't recall any of note so far off the top of my head.

As I said though, I'm woefully out of touch now and may have missed a few.

I do agree with you though. Pretty much every club is a 'selling' club, to varying degrees.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Selling club? The last player we sold that we clearly didn’t want to was Ulloa - we’ve not sold one player in the prem era that has felt like a big loss! I’m sure we will have to, but we have been the exact opposite of a selling club! You’re basing that on every rumour coming true I feel.

Exactly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here