Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Which country do you live in?

Well that's been answered already!:smile: Incidentally today the Spanish Government (corrected) their COVID death figures by finally announcing the number who sadly passed away in care homes and were conveniently 'forgotten' from the totals - so this adds another 29,408 to the Spanish total - El Pais today.

I have to point out that it's not the health service here, that is excellent, that are at fault. Quite simply they are not being supplied with the vaccines. The Spanish Government are still reconsidering their decision not to use the O-AZ for over 55's, that'll be another manana moment. Couple that with the shambolic EU vaccine programme and it's the citizens that of course suffer.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well that's been answered already!:smile: Incidentally today the Spanish Government (corrected) their COVID death figures by finally announcing the number who sadly passed away in care homes and were conveniently 'forgotten' from the totals - so this adds another 29,408 to the Spanish total - El Pais today.

I have to point out that it's not the health service here, that is excellent, that are at fault. Quite simply they are not being supplied with the vaccines. The Spanish Government are still reconsidering their decision not to use the O-AZ for over 55's, that'll be another manana moment. Couple that with the shambolic EU vaccine programme and it's the citizens that of course suffer.

Blimey, makes you wonder how many other countries conveniently lost a few death numbers here and there, not that any of didn’t suspect they were fudging.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
interesting to see how this works out, in terms of timeline and how could work across security, privacy and compatibility with free movement.

[tweet]1366346729289904128[/tweet]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
interesting to see how this works out, in terms of timeline and how could work across security, privacy and compatibility with free movement.

[tweet]1366346729289904128[/tweet]
If the EU are running it ... should be ready by Xmas 2022.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
More snake behaviour from the bloc?

Charles Michel, the president of the European Council, wrongly claimed the UK had an "outright ban" on exports of vaccines produced on its soil.

Covid-19: UK rejects 'completely false' EU vaccine export ban claim https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56339188

They are getting very twitchy over in The Reich, probably starting to wonder where the money is going to come from...could always squeeze Greece and Ireland a little harder, that might raise a couple of Euro’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
More snake behaviour from the bloc?

Charles Michel, the president of the European Council, wrongly claimed the UK had an "outright ban" on exports of vaccines produced on its soil.

Covid-19: UK rejects 'completely false' EU vaccine export ban claim https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56339188

The EU seem to lurch from one real and PR disaster to the next ...

Britain has no ban on Covid vaccine exports, EU concedes

Boris Johnson confirmed in his ‘correction’ of European council president over outright ban claim

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-no-ban-on-covid-vaccine-exports-eu-concedes

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The EU have now confirmed that the UK didn't ban vaccine exports:

When asked about the claims, on Wednesday, a European commission spokesman confirmed there was no such ban. He declined to comment directly on the claims made by Michel.

“We know that different countries have got different measures in place – that doesn’t concern vaccines, as far as we understand, coming from the UK,” the spokesman said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/10/britain-has-no-ban-on-covid-vaccine-exports-eu-concedes

That implies that other nations outside of the UK and EU bloc did ban vaccine exports. Which ones?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The EU seem to lurch from one real and PR disaster to the next ...

Britain has no ban on Covid vaccine exports, EU concedes

Boris Johnson confirmed in his ‘correction’ of European council president over outright ban claim

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-no-ban-on-covid-vaccine-exports-eu-concedes

Agree completely, the EU are shit at PR.

Unfortunately, a bit better than Johnson at keeping the population alive during a Pandemic, Negotiating a Trade deal that you can implement immediately (or indeed, ever), keeping a Union together, protecting their economy, protecting their Fishing, Farming and Logistics Industries, getting Financial Services from abroad, not giving multi million pound contracts out to their mates, etc etc

But they are shit at PR. I'll give you that sunshine, I'll give you that

AcceptableDisfiguredBetafish-small.gif

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Agree completely, the EU are shit at PR.

Bit better than Johnson at keeping the population alive during a Pandemic, Negotiating a Trade deal that you can implement immediately (or indeed, ever), keeping a Union together, protecting their economy, protecting their Fishing, Farming and Logistics Industries, getting Financial Services from abroad, not giving multi million pound contracts out to their mates, etc etc

But they are shit at PR. I'll give you that sunshine, I'll give you that

View attachment 134716

Mmmmm over 500,000 deaths and 20 million cases... at least their vaccine rollout is going well. You may have forgotten someone left their union quite recently. For 'contracts to mates' see the heartbeat of the EU .. Germany.

SparklingSeparateItalianbrownbear-small.gif

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here