Sussex by the Sea
Officially has he been sacked?

Not yet, no.

dfgh.JPG

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Officially has he been sacked?

I suspect he has been and Lampards agent / legal team are negotiating a settlement before it is announced publicly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can't imagine managing Neymar is easy to be fair.

And having gone from oil sheik to Gas oligarch as a boss probably isn't too different.

Neymar wasn't really the problem, as you say, he would be a challenge for everyone. But he had a complete breakdown in relationship with Leonardo, the sporting director of PSG. Also fell out with senior figures at Dortmund. He's a prickly character.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did you not read the article you posted then? Article says he's SET to be sacked. Maybe as early as today. Or maybe not. That doesn't make him sacked

Huh. Why so pedantic? It’s called breaking news. So are you here to tell everyone that Frank is not going to be sacked today?

Strange post. Feel free to ignore the thread if it triggers you.

There’s always one sat in the corner, ******* himself silly at his own pedantic smugness :wanker:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not really a surprise that things have gone tits up for him... One average season at Derby, and then into the Chelsea job. A job where they expect top 4 and trophies.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Like most people I watched the Bundesliga religously for a couple of months last year when it returned before the rest of the leagues. Anyone who is getting Havertz and Werner playing that badly does not deserve to be a top level coach.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tuchel is an interesting appointment. Good coach and a massive upgrade on Lampard.

But he is quite a difficult character, falls out with a lot of people. Will probably do well for a while and then leave in an acrimonious manner having fallen out with the board.

Won a cup in Germany and doing it with PSG in France is not a ringing endorsement....typical Chelsea

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At least I won’t have to eat the bobble hat that I offered to if Lampard was still at Chelsea by season’s end in an argument with a Potter outter, whose name I can’t remember, which is nice

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Huh. Why so pedantic? It’s called breaking news. So are you here to tell everyone that Frank is not going to be sacked today?

Strange post. Feel free to ignore the thread if it triggers you.

Strange poster. It's not breaking news until it, y'know, actually happens :facepalm:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely a club of Chelsea's stature and means would want only the VERY best? A man who truly inspires all other managers: a man who can turn unknowns into future England players simply by looking at them; an enigmatic genius who quite rightly gets FIFA global award nominations for winning a league that includes Charlton Athletic, Wigan and Barnsley .

This Thomas Tuchel thing can only be a smokescreen for the real candidate, surely?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Surely a club of Chelsea's stature and means would want only the VERY best? A man who truly inspires all other managers: a man who can turn unknowns into future England players simply by looking at them; an enigmatic genius who quite rightly gets FIFA global award nominations for winning a league that includes Charlton Athletic, Wigan and Barnsley .

This Thomas Tuchel thing can only be a smokescreen for the real candidate, surely?

If I were feeding me pidgins in’t outdoor lav I would be quite worried

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shame. As a young english manager I wanted him to do well there, but it was probably too big a job too soon, and with a trigger-happy owner it was always likely to end before he had much of a chance to build something there. The one thing nobody gets at Chelsea is time, its just a constant churn.

I hope he gets an opportunity at a club lower down, where expectations are not so sky-high. Maybe a decent sized Championship club. Ultimately I want England to have the benefit of some viable english managerial options when the time comes, so it would be good to see the likes of Lampard being given the chance to show some acumen as a manager and coach somewhere, over the course of a few years.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you reckon John Terry woke up this morning with a tinge of excitement that his life's calling was finally coming? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here