Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season changing result? So many positives.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Season changing result?

The interesting thing now is to see if this gives a sufficient boost to confidence that we really kick on. If we revert to previous, then big questions still hang over Potter imo.

However, brilliant performance today got the result deserved for once so all credit to Potter and all the team.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think the season will really be transformed until we get the monkey off our back and win a home match.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The importance of this result cannot be overstated -

WBA would have been thinking - 'if Fulham and Brighton lose we will be within a game of them both' - this will have deflated them after their excellent result today

Fulham would have been thinking - 'Brighton lose and if we beat Chelsea we are out of the relegation zone' - the win at Leeds would have also deflated Fulham before going into their game this evening

And with Burnley losing and Newcastle facing Arsenal on Monday - all of a sudden Brighton can break out of the pack and get away from the relegation battle below with an 8 point gap to Fulham and two teams creating a buffer.

This is a massive result and if the team can follow it up with a win against Fulham then the team can go out and play with a lot less pressure on their shoulders (and that makes a difference).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We only win away at former, occasional powerhouses who have their share of deluded fans. We are running out of fixtures :eek: Maybe Wolves will be our only other win?

Doing it for the “Teams Like Brighton” banter. Can’t wait for the Emirates, Stamford Bridge and Molineaux.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Hopefully that result will spur us on to some better form... plus the bonus of having Lamptey, Lallana, Welbeck & Connolly back from injury. &&& we could have Moder, Caicedo, & Karbownik in the squad. A new striker would be the icing on the cake!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Really? Just because we adopt a lower block? Did you miss the goal, the marauding centre backs, the one touch intricate football?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The goal and the one touch stuff was brilliant. Reminded me of Izquerdo at Stoke.

I meant it a lot in jest, Potter needed to be more pragmatic, and at times it reminded me a lot of some good wins in the past. It was a great performance

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Confidence is a huge factor in competitive sport. The players will be feeling good after that performance. Maupay had a good game (which for me is a rarity). He kept possession, actually looked like he had a first touch. Hopefully he can maintain that. If we can get another win against Fulham then we could have an exciting second half to the season. UTA.

:bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here