Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is more important to you as an Albion fan.

What is more important to you as an Albion fan?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, maybe i'm reading between the lines but it looks like you're defending Potter by saying 'yeah we might not win much but at least we're entertaining'. As if that's the only option; play attractive football and lose or play ugly football and win.

Nope, play attractive football and win and we’d be a Champion”s League team or at the least Europa League. Reading between the lines you are sounding entitled :smile:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Nope, play attractive football and win and we’d be a Champion”s League team or at the least Europa League. Reading between the lines you are sounding entitled :smile:

Surely that would depend on how many we win ? Play attractive football and win a few more and we finish mid table. Play attractive football and win a lot more and we finish in the CL places. I’m not sure wanting to win a few more games is entitled. Isn’t your reply to [MENTION=13376]albionalex[/MENTION] symptomatic of the polarization of this debate ?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Surely that would depend on how many we win ? Play attractive football and win a few more and we finish mid table. Play attractive football and win a lot more and we finish in the CL places. I’m not sure wanting to win a few more games is entitled. Isn’t your reply to [MENTION=13376]albionalex[/MENTION] symptomatic of the polarization of this debate ?

Nah I’m just winding him up, we have recent history :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As trite as it sounds, what's more important to me is that my international branded company football, with it's global sponsorship partners remains local.

What's important to me is that I am an Albion fan.

I don't believe I could continue to be a fan if the price I'm paying is going towards whitewashing the crimes of Sheikh Ali Decapitates or Xing Ping Internment Cam p.

Anything and everything else is just the usual noise.

As we Albion fans say:-

"You draw some
You lose some".

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Weird response considering I was pointing out that if you win a game or two, it doesn't mean you get to the Champions League.

Ignore me, I’m just joshing

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Entertainment, but entertainment doesn't have to mean scintillating play, it can mean getting a lucky win and annoying the opposition.

And entertainment and a social day out can be the same thing - it can be fun when you don't win or play well (apart from that Cardiff game when we lost 0-2).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My favourite memories of the Albion are not directly proportionate to how well they were doing. That would mean a voluntary experience could also be a bad one. There is no sense in that.

In fact, my best memories are of away days when Albion really were an anonymous team.

I remember having a conversation with someone during the play-off season of 90/91. I joked that the football was beginning to get in the way of our days out as the team were in a close race to qualify.

There was actually a small amount of truth in that. Up and till then the disappointment was calmed by a lack of hope and expectation.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
My answer is honest and shows how daft we can all be about our club. The things that are important to me in order are:=

1. That we have "the Albion" to watch with best mate, friends / family and check the scores of when not at a game (still a hangover from the Archer Years) - this tho is not daft.
2. Listening to Sussex by The Sea as the players run out, a pint of Harveys, having a good moan and the characters/humour Ive seen at games over the years.
3. Being one place above both Palace and Pompey in the table - yes this is daft I know.
4. One day in my lifetime lifting our second major trophy (Charity Shield being our only other one). Hopefully the F.A. Cup in my lifetime.
5. One day in my lifetime seeing Brighton play away in a European Cup game.
6. Winning.
7. Playing good football.

Last edited:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
For me it’s all about gradual progress, though I also like to be entertained. The club has come along way in a short period of time but we need to be realistic about how quickly we can further progress. If you set your sights too high, you’ll always be disappointed.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
For me it’s all about gradual progress, though I also like to be entertained. The club has come along way in a short period of time but we need to be realistic about how quickly we can further progress. If you set your sights too high, you’ll always be disappointed.

True, very true. But we also fell a long long long way in a very short space of time from 1983 to 1998 which is often overlooked. From 1998 it's been all an upward curve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here