Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
These videos are all very well but Zeqiri has one in a similar vein and as desperate as I am for him to be the new Peter Ward I can’t help thinking that they just heap more pressure on a player when they arrive

Wasn’t it Zeqiri’s Dad who insisted he be in the first team as part of the deal? That seemed to be strongly hinted at. Hence I don’t think he has ever played in the U23s.

No idea about Caicedo. It’s a case by case thing. You never know if one of these kids will be the next Lamptey wunderkind, but most likely a Mac Allister or Bissouma, so will need a bit of time to adjust.

Re. Zeqiri, quite surprised how many people here have written him off already. Sounds like he’s working hard and has the technical ability. I like him. No idea if he needs a loan (the NSC poster “go to” expert advice). Maybe he just needs a little luck, a goal, a confidence boost, a little more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
I'm very divided. I really would like to see him playing for Brighton this season, but this is opinion based on Youtube videos where he looks like a proper baller. Really hyped about this transfer. From the other side if Brighton coaching and scouting staff see he is not ready, loaning him out would be better option. Although not 2nd Belgium League - it would be better if he could stay in England and play in Championship or League 1

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm very divided. I really would like to see him playing for Brighton this season, but this is opinion based on Youtube videos where he looks like a proper baller. Really hyped about this transfer. From the other side if Brighton coaching and scouting staff see he is not ready, loaning him out would be better option. Although not 2nd Belgium League - it would be better if he could stay in England and play in Championship or League 1

No, send him to the Belgian or Dutch League, he'll score 20 goals and then some mugs will pay €20M for him in the summer...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

As long as he plays somewhere in Europe I think its all good.

I watch a bit of South American football in the middle of the nights and I think the Ecuadorian league is not bad, surely one of the better in South America, but its very different from Europe. Play the same way as you normally do in Ecuador and you get sent off after five minutes. Going to take some time to adjust to that. You're probably right that in some ways Championship / L1 would be better, but if he goes to Union SG, TB & his employees have a lot more opportunity to make sure he gets to properly learn English, get his football education, good living conditions and all of those non-football things that might be very important in the beginning.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You are so right. Moving moments of a lad leaving his home and family, his team mates and his country to go half way across the world to ply his trade as a footballer for comparative riches. He'll be much better with Brighton than a mega club. Time to settle in the UK, learn the language without a Manc accent and English culture with only the expectations of NSC to deal with rather than the World media that follows the likes of Man Ure and their every move. Plenty of Spanish speakers around the club and first team to ease him in and I'll try and manage down my optimism and enthusiasm for this one. As you say, he's just a kid and he's going to feel very vulnerable at first.

Bruno will look after him, and Ally Mac.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

But a loan to USG could be part of TB's plan? Pushing for promotion this season. Maybe he comes straight to Brighton, but, a loan move like this wouldn't be the worst idea.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If this lad is as good as the reports suggest he is then i can't believe we would of moved heaven and Ecuador to get him here then send him away to another club , even if that happens to be USG , With Connolly Alzate Welbeck and Llanna all missing games on a regular basis through injury , we need to stock up a bit .

Give him 20 minutes v Liverpool and if he doesn't score a hatrick then he's obviously shit and can go to Man Utd .

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If this lad is as good as the reports suggest he is then i can't believe we would of moved heaven and Ecuador to get him here then send him away to another club , even if that happens to be USG , With Connolly Alzate Welbeck and Llanna all missing games on a regular basis through injury , we need to stock up a bit .

Give him 20 minutes v Liverpool and if he doesn't score a hatrick then he's obviously shit and can go to Man Utd .

One of the 4 listed are central midfielders. We're very well stocked there especially now it's been decided Gross is one too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here