[News] Clap for heroes

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The staff at Co Op opposite came out but apart from that nuffin

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Poor show here, we were one family of 3 in our street.:(

Mind you we made a bigger enough din to wake most up.:)

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I’d rather not virtue signal - I pay my respects by sticking to the rules and not voting for a party that freezes their pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stop ****ing clapping and start ****ing voting against people who are intentionally trying to destroy the NHS.

Virtue signalling bollocks from people who largely do not give a shit about the NHS - if they did, they wouldn’t support its demise.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Give them a bloody pay rise.

I’d rather not virtue signal - I pay my respects by sticking to the rules and not voting for a party that freezes their pay

Stop ****ing clapping and start ****ing voting against people who are intentionally trying to destroy the NHS.

Virtue signalling bollocks from people who largely do not give a shit about the NHS - if they did, they wouldn’t support its demise.

Hat trick of absolutely spot on posts right there. Obvious problem with the pay rise idea being that because of the monumental clusterfúck we’ve made of all this there won’t be any money for another couple of centuries, but the sentiment is right.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Also the front line NHS staff deserve a pay rise rather than some clapping.

They deserve a pay rise and a massive tax free bonus. But they do not work for that, Being a carer is a calling, not something people should be encouraged to do for money.

So give them that. But also give them decent facilities, preferable terms on their student loans, decent and unlimited PPE, reasonable shift rosters, psychological support, adequate funding for the NHS from here on in so that the next pandemic isn't so much of a complete shitfest. I think we can give them £350 million a week. Can anyone tell me why this is not possible?

nhs.jpg

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's done it's trot. Respectful and supportive in the warm, light summer evenings and served a good purpose all round for morale. But I'm afraid it won't take off this time around as frankly, it's too dark and cold. Whoever thought of rebooting needs their bumps felt.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Or do both, even better...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I didn’t realise this was back. I don’t think we’ll see a large take up. There isn’t the blitz spirit now, it’s more of a “heads down and plough through this shit again” feeling this time round.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Sorry, angry at hearing neighbours outside guilt tripping people for not doing it.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It's done it's trot. Respectful and supportive in the warm, light summer evenings and served a good purpose all round for morale. But I'm afraid it won't take off this time around as frankly, it's too dark and cold. Whoever thought of rebooting needs their bumps felt.

I heard it was the same woman that started the first one

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Genuinely had no idea it was being done again until this thread popped up.
Another vote here for NHS staff to receive a payrise instead of being clapped. They've done a blinding job throughout this whole bizarre situation and continue to do amazing things while under immense pressure and stress.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
They deserve a pay rise and a massive tax free bonus. But they do not work for that, Being a carer is a calling, not something people should be encouraged to do for money.

So give them that. But also give them decent facilities, preferable terms on their student loans, decent and unlimited PPE, reasonable shift rosters, psychological support, adequate funding for the NHS from here on in so that the next pandemic isn't so much of a complete shitfest. I think we can give them £350 million a week. Can anyone tell me why this is not possible?

View attachment 132208

Hooray, both Brexit AND a GAP style edit on post #9!!

Bravo.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hooray, both Brexit AND a GAP style edit on post #9!!

Bravo.

Thanks mate.

Why can't we give the NHS £350 million a week to mitigate future pandemics now we are out of the b'stard red tape of the EU and have taken back control?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Dr Hillary said the best thing to do is stay indoors!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here