Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Covid party players... what shoud happen?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Judging by photos that are now circulating it appears the following players ignored all advice and broke Tier 4 regulations by attending parties over the New Year period.

Spurs
Erik Lamela
Sergio Reguilon
Giovani lo Celso
West Ham
Manuel Lanzini
Fulham
Aleksandar Mitrovic
Palace
Luka Milivojevic.

Predictably, the clubs have said they will deal with it 'internally' (ie do nothing) and PR advisors are rushing to post contrite statements on the players' Insta and Twitter feeds.

Personally, I'd like to see them charged with bringing the game into disrepute and if found guilty serving the appropriate bans, but sadly I can't see that happening.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The FA / PL should be setting out a mandatory rule, across the board, that if any player is found guilty of breaching Covid regulations, then they are banned from all football activities for 2 months from the date of the offence. No training with the squad. No games. Nothing.

See you in 60 days (if you can keep your dickhead down long enough).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Banned for the rest of the season with no pay.

That isn't gonna happen but bringing the game into disrepute would be appropriate.

I'm not one of the lynching mob because almost on a daily basis I see others completely taking the piss but football has been given a free pass to continue by the authorities when many other industries have been decimated.

That's added a huge responsibility on the industry to act accordingly but these players have selfishly with a sense of entitlement stuck two fingers up to it.

The fact that Luka Milivojevic played today was appalling.

Easy 10 is correct above. FA needs to step in and adjust the rules and treat the offence as something similar to failing to turn up for a drug test.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Its a Daily Mail comments section reply, but in reality could and would never happen.

60 day suspension is more realistic and enforceable IMO. With escalating punishments for repeat offenders.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Judging by photos that are now circulating it appears the following players ignored all advice and broke Tier 4 regulations by attending parties over the New Year period.

Spurs
Erik Lamela
Sergio Reguilon
Giovani lo Celso
West Ham
Manuel Lanzini
Fulham
Aleksandar Mitrovic
Palace
Luka Milivojevic.

Predictably, the clubs have said they will deal with it 'internally' (ie do nothing) and PR advisors are rushing to post contrite statements on the players' Insta and Twitter feeds.

Personally, I'd like to see them charged with bringing the game into disrepute and if found guilty serving the appropriate bans, but sadly I can't see that happening.

Seeing as none of those players look to be holders of British passports, and they have committed a criminal offence, revoke their visas. Other players might actually take note in the future.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Unfortunately they will have contracts limiting the amount they can be fined. If they're sacked, they will be free to join another club in January on a free transfer with a nice big signing on bonus.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just enforcing the rules the PL put in place would be good.

Why are games being postponed? It’s a ban by default plus teams will be weaker.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A straight red in my opinion and suspension of pay.

Three match ban to commence after period of self isolation has elapsed.

Full personal public apology (given their position in their respective communities.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
14 day isolation from all football activity starting from the date of their next match.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
3-6 match ban
Fined a months wages to be distributed back into the NHS / local food banks / COVID support groups.

They'll hardly even notice that, even if it happens. Their contracts probably stipulate the maximum fines that can be levied, so they might not even get fined that much - and they'll be on full whack for the rest of their ban..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Clubs will invoke the Grealish protocol. On the outside pretend to be disgusted but within the club the players told not to be Silly Billy's again, their phones given to the media team to post and apology and put straight back to the team

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately, the FA are impotent in so far as disciplining EPL players is concerned. The EPL is effectively the clubs anyway and they won't vote to bring in bans for their players whom they might need in relegation or title battles.

In an ideal world, they would receive a 5 or 6 game ban and a hefty fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here