Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January window

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The Siege Tower scored again this weekend. Yaremchuk was sent off. `Presumably not wanting to get injured before his big move to the south coast in January.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I usually like our prudent approach spending with obvious thought to how the club is financially run but it’s difficult to watch teams like Villa who struggled last year & then with some spending now find themselves comfortably up the table. Throwing money at the team shouldn’t be the answer but I hope with the coming transfer window a happy medium is found. An addition or 2 that has more of an instant impact is needed rather than the usual cheap/free signings that we make & are that price because they need time to bed in. In addition to Moder & Tau being recalled there must be decent Championship left back we can poach for around £10m, & I still think Origi is decent realistic option.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’d like Chris Wood back personally. Should be within our budget and would be the missing piece up front imo.

He’s not within our budget. How much do you think Burnley would want for a player that is quite important to their continued Premier League even without strengthening a direct relegation rival?!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I usually like our prudent approach spending with obvious thought to how the club is financially run but it’s difficult to watch teams like Villa who struggled last year & then with some spending now find themselves comfortably up the table. Throwing money at the team shouldn’t be the answer but I hope with the coming transfer window a happy medium is found. An addition or 2 that has more of an instant impact is needed rather than the usual cheap/free signings that we make & are that price because they need time to bed in. In addition to Moder & Tau being recalled there must be decent Championship left back we can poach for around £10m, & I still think Origi is decent realistic option.

Hmm, left back you say?
We have a very highly rated Polish international and a very highly rated England youth international out on loan and we released/sold George Cox who is now supposedly wanted by a host of La Liga clubs. Funny old game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Doris Stokes or Madame Blavatsky??

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
We'll probably go in for, and miss out on, the latest Kenneth Zahore/ Vincent Janssen. Something like that.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Origi on loan until end of the season would be ideal. Maybe unlikely but not enitirely unrealistic.

Maybe Brandon Williams on loan as well, can play LB or RB. And Dan James can come and join him!

Strikers Sekou Koita (RB Salzburg) and Musa Barrow (Bologna) look decent, although impossible to tell how they would do in the Premier League.

Whatever new signings come in (if any), they need to have pace and athleticism, that's something severly lacking in the squad. Although Moder doesn't look like a pacey player, I'm looking forward to seeing him fit in alongside Bissouma in central midfield.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
White to Liverpool, Origi to Btn

Olivier Giroud on loan till the end of the season paying his wages is peanuts compared to relegation.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The time for financial prudence is over. The last window was a HUGE mistake. Tony will learn his lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope hope you are correct as I fear we are relegation bound without a striker/target man and a ball winning midfielder especially if Bissouma moves on, but TB is on record not wanting to spend big during this window

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It's always been a goal scorer, but that Tottenham game threw evertbody off the scent when they rubbed their hands thinking Connolly and Maupay will tear up the PL. In many ways that game was a curse for Connolly, putting expection on him fufilling a role he was miles away from. I suspect the club got high on the promoting youth thing instead of someone saying the boy plays like the simpleton love child of Wayne Ronney, loan out to the Championship to cut his teeth, get used to shiny things and public spaces then bring him into the fold once he's found his groove. The judges of Brighton goal scorers over the years...and I mean years...has been awful.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
On the outs-side, I think Gyökeres will be recalled from Swansea and sold to Malmö FF for a tidy £2m. Not ITK but I know they have been chasing him, his girlfriend moved back to Sweden, time in Swansea not been very good and Malmö are lacking a striker while they still got about £30m on the bank... looks very likely to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here