Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter - post match last night...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I watched his post match bbc interview and it dawned on me, how much pressure he is under... he looked really worn, not great, shakey, agitated and seriously under high stress. In all honesty I felt a bit worried - and (yep) sorry for blaming him for our failings... on occasion.

He’s trying his utmost and i can only imagine what he went through when our deserved goal was cancelled out...

Anyway, I’m getting right behind him from now on as he’s just a bloke trying his best, and from what I saw re his body language he’s finding it bloody tough right now... I’m no expert, but anyone could see it last night... he looked close to snapping.

Yes - that’s what he’s paid for etc. but he deserves less pressure from us for a start - the players need to work bloody hard - not always the case, see Leo et al.

Time to back him, especially throughout Sunday.

Keep going Graham.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He needs to be sent a link to [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]'s tracker.

Nothing to worry about 3 points on Sunday and we're back on track.

UTA!

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Yeah, good man.
He and the club need our full support.
He IS the man to take us to the next level.
Glad we’re not in tier 3.
Anyone lucky enough to get tickets would should sing loud and proud for him.
And stop the f*cking negativity!!!
UTA

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
When we had crowds, I don't remember a single Chris Hughton's Blue and White Army chant, neither for Potter. In my opinion, I don't think the fans have truly connected to a boss - or shown their vocal support - since Poyet. I have no idea why that is, just an observation and opinion.

Potter, like Hyypia, isn't exactly one to fire the crowd with their charisma and passion.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
When we had crowds, I don't remember a single Chris Hughton's Blue and White Army chant, neither for Potter. In my opinion, I don't think the fans have truly connected to a boss - or shown their vocal support - since Poyet. I have no idea why that is, just an observation and opinion.

Potter, like Hyypia, isn't exactly one to fire the crowd with their charisma and passion.

There have been such chants for Potter, the last one a few days ago against Southampton.

I also recall several chants for Hughton, albeit not so much towards the end of his tenure...

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There have been such chants for Potter, the last one a few days ago against Southampton.

I also recall several chants for Hughton, albeit not so much towards the end of his tenure...

Forgive me then I must've missed that.

I also accept a lot of it comes from winning and playing with flair which is a hell of a lot harder to do in the PL than League One.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He did look a tad run down last night, in fact I commented on it to my wife during the game that she was tolerating rather than watching.

However Trossard looked like he’d been on a long razzle

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Awww, poor bloke is trying his best. That's all that matters.

I'm glad he's stressed. 5 wins in 31, 6 wins in 37. Spare me the guff about Sunday not being a big game, it's huge

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Maybe "Chrissie Hughton's Blue & White Army" wasn't a regular chant at the Amex so much but it was certainly sung with much gusto (and sometimes at some length) at away games.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Nope neither do I.

I do remember a resounding Chrissy Hughton's Blue and white army at most home games.
Always greeted by a raised hand to the North by the great man.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He did look a tad run down last night, in fact I commented on it to my wife during the game that she was tolerating rather than watching.

However Trossard looked like he’d been on a long razzle

If you watch that interview in particular he’s right on the edge ... close to breaking down imho.

I know we shouldn’t feel sorry for these very well paid blokes re stress, but I did - I won’t apologise for that.. sorry.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Maybe "Chrissie Hughton's Blue & White Army" wasn't a regular chant at the Amex so much but it was certainly sung with much gusto (and sometimes at some length) at away games.

Fair do's. Perhaps us losing the handful I went to played a part in that

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Nope neither do I.

I do remember a resounding Chrissy Hughton's Blue and white army at most home games.
Always greeted by a raised hand to the North by the great man.

As a ST holder in the North I remember a few occasions. Hell of a lot more grumbling about us being negative though. Especially towards the end.

What about Graham Potter chants? Maybe I need my ears syringed

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

**** me you've got a short memory mate, it was sung all time in the promotion campaign..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Guessing the news of Bilic’s sacking has got him nervous.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Thousands losing loved ones due to Covid, Hospital workers being run ragged with huge personal risks and Loads in retail and hospitality have been fired and cant buy food or pay the rent, and poor old Potter is on what 20-30k per week with 5 years still to run, how awful.

Must be really tough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here