Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Sanchez

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The other thing about Sanchez, is that he's got the range and accuracy on his kicking to get us in behind. I bet Connolly would do well getting in behind some of his long goal kicks

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be wavering in my support of Potter if he brings Ryan back for the Sheffield United game

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Delighted for Sanchez but you’ve got to feel for Christian Walton. He’s gone from next big thing to absolutely nowhere.

Only on this board.

That goalkeeping spot is still very much up for grabs

I wouldn't like to place any money on whether the keeper who finishes the season with us will be Sanchez, Walton, Ryan or AN other. I'll predict not Steele though!

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Probably get crucified for saying this.

Couple of those saves felt like his height helped. I'd have to watch them back.

The first one he tipped over the bar with his fingertips, and later the one with his feet his whole body was outstretched horizontally to cover as much space as possible.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Only on this board.

That goalkeeping spot is still very much up for grabs

I wouldn't like to place any money on whether the keeper who finishes the season with us will be Sanchez, Walton, Ryan or AN other. I'll predict not Steele though!

Yep.
Potter is clear on one thing.
The bench is Steele’s.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The other thing about Sanchez, is that he's got the range and accuracy on his kicking to get us in behind. I bet Connolly would do well getting in behind some of his long goal kicks

It’s like a golf 3/4 swing, if he went full beans he’d just kick straight to the other keeper.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The first one he tipped over the bar with his fingertips, and later the one with his feet his whole body was outstretched horizontally to cover as much space as possible.

I thought the same thing.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Yeh, the tip over the bar for me showed why he should be playing.

The other thing about size is that is somehow creates doubt in a strikers mind. I used to play up front and always felt I had to shoot closer to the post against a big keeper and missed more often

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[Tweet]1339340673850503169[/Tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Delighted for Sanchez but you’ve got to feel for Christian Walton. He’s gone from next big thing to absolutely nowhere.

Walton was certainly unlucky to pick up that injury against Chelsea, but TBH I think Sanchez had been edging ahead of him anyway.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Yeh, the tip over the bar for me showed why he should be playing.

The other thing about size is that is somehow creates doubt in a strikers mind. I used to play up front and always felt I had to shoot closer to the post against a big keeper and missed more often

Yes,there will always be more one on ones with the keeper when we play a back three.it defenetley makes it harder for the striker if it's a big keeper in those situations.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I'm a bit tipsy but I think Sanchez made the difference in that game. He kept us in it when we were vulnerable.

That's the difference a keeper can make.
(obviously it's too early to tell if he's the real deal but it's making me smile)

Not so sure Ryan would have save the one he finger-tipped over the bar, or the outstretched leg.

Sanchez made sure we kept a clean sheet against a side that has been on the up in recent weeks (a draw with Liverpool and win against Leicester). There really are "no easy games".

They had clear cut shots on goal and he stopped them all. Can't ask for much more.

Anyway, cheers! (it's snowing here in NYC - must be a foot or two so far...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here