Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BT Sport V Klopp

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What’s the difference between 12.30 and 3 pm kick offs ? I find it difficult to believe moving it 2 and a half hours would make any difference.

2 hours 30 minutes.

But I'm sure that the medical teams will provide you with loads of technical detail on the changes of injury and performance based on rest periods.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
What was Klopp comment about Chris Wilding regarding? I missed that reference. Have they had a falling out recently?

At a recent meeting between PL managers Wilder voted against 5 subs, while Klopper was in favour of bringing them back

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wilder voted against 5 subs, while Klopper was in favour of bringing them back
That's because Chrissy Wilder only has about three half decent players to put on the bench so fair enough.

Klopp could field two full teams of international players most of the time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Klopp is losing players to injury and it is getting to him, but it's not just Liverpool. Lots of clubs are being affected by a short pre season and this fixture congestion.

I do think they should have bought more in over the summer, the likes of Nico Williams and Minamino are ordinary players.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
When was it such an issue to play two games in a week? And, what difference does it make if you play at 12.30 or 15.00? Are you really telling me young, fit professional athletes need that extra 2.5 hours 3 days after their last game?
Blame these pointless internationals I'd suggest.

EDIT. This has all been mentioned above :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes I would, otherwise I wouldn’t have made it my point.
I get it that you disagree. :)
Fair enough.

You'd be pissed off of we had a squad as strong and the PL and European Champions but had to play twice a week?

I doubt that's a particularly common opinion.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Klopp opened by accusing the interviewer of being responsible for Milner's injury!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Klopp went passive/aggressive at 4:00 mins in with his "Congratulations" response to the interviewer asking if James Milner's injury was a hamstring.
Whilst Klopp might have issues with fixture scheduling, he picked the wrong person to blame and the interviewer quite rightly defended his employers & himself.

It does seem to me that when things don't go Klopp's way, he always finds something or someone to blame.

If you watch again, there were countless times when Klopp interrupted to put his argument across - very Trump-esqe vs Biden

Very unpleasant character showing the world that he is mediocre when managing a mediocre team [squad weakened by injuries]

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This is a great thread.

Genuine differing views and a really interesting read.

I’m Team Klopp - not because of the points he was making necessarily but because he criticised the employer of an interviewer who was probing for click bait.

Kelly reacted in the way he wanted Klopp to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Klopp is doing this to make headlines and get more visibility for the whole 5 subs thing- he will get his way eventually.

The Albion are also in favour of five subs.

Today we had Lamptey suspended and now have

Izquierdo
Pröpper
Lallana
Maupay
MacAllister injured

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
When was it such an issue to play two games in a week? And, what difference does it make if you play at 12.30 or 15.00? Are you really telling me young, fit professional athletes need that extra 2.5 hours 3 days after their last game?
Blame these pointless internationals I'd suggest.

EDIT. This has all been mentioned above :)

With the Covid problem are teams travelling on the day of the match or are they staying in a local hotel?

If the former then kick off time makes a real difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here