Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is currently our best player?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Bissouma. Defensively solid this season, starts attacks, a threat from distance is as tricky as they come. Other people may make cases for Dunk, Lamptey or Lallana possibly even Solly March who has been fantastic but this season so far Bissouma has proved himself to be one of the best midfielders in the league ( in my opinion ).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Similarly, I was recently thinking about who out most valuable player (ie the one we could sell for the most) is.

Lewis Dunk's value is likely to be on the wane now, due to age, whilst Ben White is on the ascendancy, but coming on fast on the outside is Tariq Lamptey.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still think it’s possibly Alzate, which sounds ridiculous bearing in mind he can’t get in the team.
He is an outstanding prospect. In some ways, a bit like Bissouma in that he needs a good run of games before he can really show how good he is. Bissouma has gone from rough uncut diamond to an absolutely quality and very consistent midfielder in one full season. But in reality, I'd be surprised if anyone can touch Lamptey in terms of quality, who will surely get his chance at a top 4 club in the coming years, and will rival Lawrenson as one of the greatest players we will ever see in the stripes.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Best technically are

Lallana, Gross and Trossard in that order.

They are not the three I'd be most upset about losing

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The answer to the question is Lamptey

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The answer to the question is Lamptey

As exciting as he is, he's not a finished product yet.

Still a bit naive and over enthusiastic at times, if you are being picky then a couple of shots he had after a great break could have been better.

Being picky yes, but this fine, fine potential has not yet matured fully. When he does.....well.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I still think it’s possibly Alzate, which sounds ridiculous bearing in mind he can’t get in the team.

I would have said the same at the start of the season as I think Alzate is brilliant but as he hasn't played recently and Lamptey has moved on to a completely different level now, it's got to be Lamptey. Bissouma and Alzate next though.

Wish we knew why Alzate isn't playing, it's certainly not down to ability.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally the good side of the double edged sword that is 'but they're all just similar £15m players'.

Basking in the afterglow of 1 (one) excellent win I think we can say 'thankfully they're all nearly £20m players'.

White and Lamptey WILL BE our best players, but one of the many joys of not being palace is I don't think the team currently has a best (or worst*) player.

I can't think of a player who can't be replaced from within the squad.
Perhaps Lallana on the back of WBA, but I'm pretty sure GPott had a massive learning curve on the back of that second half horror show, which in future will take the edge off him missing.

*Hopefully Maty can get Saturday out of the way with that still intact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here