Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Apple airpods

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fair enough, it that is what is important to you, fill ya boots. Personally I don't feel the need to have so much of my life controlled/enhanced (delete as you personal viewpoint allows) to such an extent. I don't spend my life hooked up to technology so the requirement is not there. That and the fact that living in North Norfolk most mobile data gizmos wouldn't work anyway as we still have large parts of the county that can't even get a mobile signal, let alone 4 or 5G :hilton:

It's not important in any way whatsoever, but it's nice. As I say, the conveniences compound.

And we are far from wedded to everything Apple puts out there. Without thinking too much...

Home sound - Sonos (not HomePod)
Smarthome stuff - Various Amazon Echo devices, a Google Home Mini (think they now call it a Nest Hub) and Hive (not HomePod / Apple Home)
Data storage - Google Drive (not iCloud)
Photo backups - Amazon Prime (not iCloud)
Music - Deezer (not Apple Music)
Calendars - Google (not iCal / Apple Calendar)
Email - Gmail (not Apple Mail)

I'm sure there's a lot more.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Scared.

Anyone wearing one of those watches goes straight into the same category as peaky blinders style hat wearers.

As in yes, some nice people wear them. But the vast majority are wankers.

In the case of the cock bonnets, it's usually those who wear them with a skin tight Hugo Boss t-shirt, those jeans that hover around the shin (with turn ups) and espadrilles or similar, no socks obviously.

Top of that outfit with an Apple watch and you've achieved peak ****.

[emoji23]

You have come across as a bit of a tit on this thread. I also agree with Bozza that you are rude.

Maybe "important" was not the correct word then. But my point still stands, if you enjoy the convenience then that is entirely your choice. I really don't care what system anybody uses, or how much they spend on it. I merely point out from my personal point of view that tech is not a priority and prefer to lead a less "connected" life but it is not my intention to decry anybody who does like being hooked up to watches and transferring data all over the place between devices. That is not to say I am a complete luddite and can't appreciate the benefits. It is just that for me the expenditure would not be justified by the amount of use.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Amusingly, I appear to have been banned from this thread for not being a fan of Apple's prices.

Only know this because I was checking the notifications and had some "thumbs up" relating to posts.... on this thread.

And yet, via Tapatalk, I can still see it, and write this.

Strange. Sort out your "ecosystem" [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ! Things are clearly not correctly synchronised. [emoji23]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You'd think Bear Grylls was a big Apple shareholder, such is your dislike for them :wink:
Wouldn't surprise me mate.

If you'd care to read the whole thread though. I didn't really say anything that bad. The escalation was rather harsh in my opinion.

Some people have a huge devotion to certain things and it clouds their usual judgement.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe "important" was not the correct word then. But my point still stands, if you enjoy the convenience then that is entirely your choice. I really don't care what system anybody uses, or how much they spend on it.

Nor do I. I can explain why I've made purchasing decisions, but they are personal and are certainly not going to be relevant for many others.

I merely point out from my personal point of view that tech is not a priority and prefer to lead a less "connected" life but it is not my intention to decry anybody who does like being hooked up to watches and transferring data all over the place between devices. That is not to say I am a complete luddite and can't appreciate the benefits. It is just that for me the expenditure would not be justified by the amount of use.

Oh, I get that. Being present is a problem for many of us. I try to manage that as best I can - for example I have almost no notifications setup on my phone, and none on my watch. If you WhatsApp, FB message or text me there's a good chance I won't see it for some hours. If you need to contact me in any kind of hurry, calling is still the best way.

I have a MacBook because I need a laptop for work, they are ultra-reliable, relatively secure, incredibly robust, last for years and have tremendous residuals at upgrade time. I have an iPhone for many of the same reasons but I've had a Pixel in the past. I have an Apple Watch for fitness tracking. I thought the first iterations were largely pointless, but by the time I was ready to move on from my Garmin, Apple had reached the fourth iteration of the Watch, and it finally seemed to be worthy of consideration. I expect in a year or two when I come to change, I'll be looking at a Suunto or a Polar.

I expect in a year or two when I come to change, I'll be looking at a Suunto or a Polar.

Now you see, that is the basic difference between us. That last sentence means absolutely nothing to me. Never heard of either of them :) . And as for home working, I have a Dell laptop because that is what my firm gave me. If it had been a different brand then that would not have bothered me. I do have an iphone from work, but that is used strictly in lieu of an office landline and only gets switched on when I am working. When I finish work, it gets switched off and sits on my desk.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Now you see, that is the basic difference between us. That last sentence means absolutely nothing to me. Never heard of either of them :) .

That's primarily because I'm either getting ready to run, running, recovering from running or reading/watching stuff about running! As I type this, there's a running shoe review playing next to me and Strava is open on my phone. They're just different variants of fitness-tracking devices.

And as for home working, I have a Dell laptop because that is what my firm gave me. If it had been a different brand then that would not have bothered me. I do have an iphone from work, but that is used strictly in lieu of an office landline and only gets switched on when I am working. When I finish work, it gets switched off and sits on my desk.

I work for myself so make the purchasing decisions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now you see, that is the basic difference between us. That last sentence means absolutely nothing to me.
In a year or two I'll just be staring into the abyss.

Quite looking forward too it!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's primarily because I'm either getting ready to run, running, recovering from running or reading/watching stuff about running! As I type this, there's a running shoe review playing next to me and Strava is open on my phone. They're just different variants of fitness-tracking devices.

I work for myself so make the purchasing decisions.
You see, it all makes sense now. All my mates who are runners are completely bonkers.

Fair play if that's your thing. But, as with Apple products, not everyone likes the same thing....

Your ketamine is probably my MDMA. Doesn't mean we can't be friends.

As you were. [emoji106]

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You see, it all makes sense now. All my mates who are runners are completely bonkers.

Fair play if that's your thing. But, as with Apple products, not everyone likes the same thing....

Your ketamine is probably my MDMA. Doesn't mean we can't be friends.

As you were. [emoji106]

I would lay of the drugs if I were you!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
You're paying for the brand, nothing more. They're not good earphones at all.
Best buds you can go for are KZ ZS10 Pro. They have 5 individual speakers, 4 balanced for midrange and high frequency and then one for bass. They're so clean sounding because you haven't got one speaker doing all the work. Only downside is they're wired, but I actually gave up my Bose for these as they sound better.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This thread is going well :lolol:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You're paying for the brand, nothing more. They're not good earphones at all.
Best buds you can go for are KZ ZS10 Pro. They have 5 individual speakers, 4 balanced for midrange and high frequency and then one for bass. They're so clean sounding because you haven't got one speaker doing all the work. Only downside is they're wired, but I actually gave up my Bose for these as they sound better.

That's the crux of it for mate, unless Apple have started making high quality earphones, which they've never done before, I would just find them really frustrating no matter how much else they offer, they made to deliver sound fundamentally.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No one ever responded to my fear of losing an AirPod/EarBud thingy.

Do I not have to worry about it dropping out of my ear?

Mine have never fallen out of my ears and I use them whilst running as well as stationary. And the only time I have “lost” them was when I once forgot I had them in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here