Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fed up with "positives" to take from games

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have to be honest I’m not Maupays biggest fan. Cut inside and tried to bend for the corner and I just started laughing....

Mind you I tend to do that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Until we’re relegated, we’re still up.

But what a load of horseshit.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm resigned to the fact that we now hardly ever win at home in the PL no matter how low in the league the opposition are.

Bournemouth last season... Huddersfield with Andone's 80th minute goal... meagre pickings indeed.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Nope, 30 games to go.

easy for you to say, when Potter moves on you will start supporting that team.

The indications from this and the WBA game is that we are going to struggle again this season , if you can't beat an out of form team then you are not going to beat a good team (sure other factors come into play like referees etc).

More significantly is that we really look toothless and are not quick enough going forward with the irony being we have the fastest player in the PL in Lamptey and Connolly is no slouch.

The real problem is too many players don't think they are winners and are just moving the ball on.

the 19 shots stat is hiding the truth as many were appalling and not really threatening.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Another dour relegation fight season ffs! WBA and Burnley at home 2 points. No doubt we will at some point beat another good team and we'll all think maybe this time we will move up the table then we will lose at home Fulham. Its the same old shite different season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
easy for you to say, when Potter moves on you will start supporting that team.

The indications from this and the WBA game is that we are going to struggle again this season , if you can't beat an out of form team then you are not going to beat a good team (sure other factors come into play like referees etc).

More significantly is that we really look toothless and are not quick enough going forward with the irony being we have the fastest player in the PL in Lamptey and Connolly is no slouch.

The real problem is too many players don't think they are winners and are just moving the ball on.

the 19 shots stat is hiding the truth as many were appalling and not really threatening.

Nope. The reason why it is easy for me to say that there's 30 games to go is because a Premier League season is 38 games, and so far the team played 8 games. This makes it 30 games to go.

As for the struggle, yes. Welcome to the Premier League.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I'm so so disappointed in the lack of progress this season. Potter you've really let yourself down. You've gotta go. I just don't see any improvement week after week. He's lost the players, they don't have the confidence in him to turn this dreadful run around. And frankly neither do I. He's lost the fans after that shambles. Do the right thing and walk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Watched the 2nd half on a dodgy Chinese stream.

We didn’t look remotely like scoring. The build up was far too slow - Burnley defended well but we made it easy for them. Lamptey looked our most dangerous player which is saying something with two strikers and Lallana on the pitch.

Potter’s tactics just didn’t work. The team looked ok on paper but just weren’t able to respond to Burnley’s approach. So questions must be asked of him.

Our goals tally isn’t good enough. We’ve got the players so Potter has to find a way of turning them into a team. Not a fan of Maupay either - too greedy and looks like he’s failing the no dickheads policy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Nope. The reason why it is easy for me to say that there's 30 games to go is because a Premier League season is 38 games, and so far the team played 8 games. This makes it 30 games to go.

As for the struggle, yes. Welcome to the Premier League.

I don't accept we have to struggle in this league if the manager sorts himself out. If he sorts himself out he can sort out the players.

The play is too complicated and slow , too may passes and no incisive play.

I also think his handling of players has been poor , Ali J dropped when he looked good, Alzate not playing, the Sanchez fiasco. Publicly (but slyly) giving Maupay a boll*cking.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Same old, same old. The ticklist:

1. Have the majority of possession.
2. Have 12+ shots on opposition goal.
3. But still manage to not test their keeper.
4. Opposition do little but, paradoxically, have some of the best chances to win the game.
5. Lamptey the man of the match.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Apart from the 2 points :shrug:

I am disappointed, but I'd be on suicide watch had we lost that.

I had to apologise to my pal who I watched the game with (he's Liverpool). And I paid for it :lolol:

Onwards and upwards.

Just remind him of a Gerrard slip that’ll put him in his place

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
When Potter first came to us we were playing well but not creating many chances.

At present we are playing well and creating chances.

Perhaps the next stage is to start creating better chances. Then we start to take more of those chances.

We continue to improve. We are not prepared to throw more money at it to try to improve quicker (no guarantee with this strategy either) so our improvement will inevitably be slow and steady.

The question is, if you take into account the constraints that we are playing under (playing passing football, working within the budget) who are people suggesting we replace Potter with. I'm not sure any that are going to come will do any better.

Burnley are notoriously difficult to beat. They sit deep and are well organised.

Frustrating and all but with a bit if patience I still believe that this team can do something special.

I much prefer what we are currently doing to sitting deep and hoping to get something in the break

Keep the faith chaps.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Did we 'learn' to play some more short corners and not find 6ft 7 inch BDB head once? Over complicated bollox.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Probably not but maybe in some of other 26 games..

On paper very few provide a better opportunity than WBA and Burnley at home

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Same old, same old. The ticklist:

1. Have the majority of possession.
2. Have 12+ shots on opposition goal.
3. But still manage to not test their keeper.
4. Opposition do little but, paradoxically, have some of the best chances to win the game.
5. Lamptey the man of the match.

At least we didn't concede one straight after we'd scored.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm trying to think of an example of a team who didn't shit themselves and sack their manager when things weren't going their way.

***Looks at the top of the Premier League table***

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm trying to think of an example of a team who didn't shit themselves and sack their manager when things weren't going their way.

***Looks at the top of the Premier League table***

Great point. All we need to do is sign Danny Ings and we're fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here