Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Minute's applause at all Premier League games next weekend in support of Virgil Van Dijk?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wijnaldum has just informed the media that "None of the players slept because of what happened with Virgil".

Will this ever end?

I notice Kalvin Phillips is out for six weeks now: I trust Sky will be running continuous news coverage on this tragedy as well.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What an embarrassing story this is. Man up you scousers he is injured and out for anything from 6 months to 1yr. It's happened to plenty of other players, just don't rush him back otherwise you can add further months to that as well

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I get the snark and yes, it's amusing... but I do think it's a fair point that this is one of the very very best footballers in the world that has had a potentially career threatening injury... and that doesn't happen very often. Bad injuries do occur regularly, but I'm trying to think the last time a player of van Dijks stature was injured in this way

Boo fxxkin hoo :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Word on the street is The Brighton Kop are opening a book of remembrance.
Touching gesture .

076742AB-2294-410A-9368-D869A2E63FE3.png

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hopefully this can fill the hole in my life caused be the demise of #clapforcarers. Please join me in a #vigilforvirgil on Thursday night.

Myself and a number of friends got together to discuss an appropriate tribute, that would sit well with Liverpool and their fans, in light of their sad loss. So on Thursday evening we are going to line the streets near our homes and bombard passing vehicles that we don't like, with bricks, bottles and cans, whilst screaming abuse, gesturing rudely and holding up placards saying..." This is for Virgil " We expect the police to behave as they do in Liverpool and do nothing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Talkshite all ****ing day blah blah blah. For god sake in the history of football you'd never believe a player has ever been injured by a bad tackle. The fact it's the only thing Pickford has got close too this season is irrelevant

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
On a serious note, Partridge like as it is, it actually demonstrates how brainwashed and the warped peoples thinking has become by decades of this virtuous signalling en mass BS, for anything and everything (and hell hath no fury if you don’t join in or object), that this sort of shite isn’t just conceived by a bunch of f uckwits. But actioned!

Take a good look at yourself Britain. Awaits national day of mourning when the Downing Street cat dies. Sake...

Rightly mocked. But give it another ten years, I’m not so sure!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Talkshite all ****ing day blah blah blah. For god sake in the history of football you'd never believe a player has ever been injured by a bad tackle. The fact it's the only thing Pickford has got close too this season is irrelevant

All day!!! We are going to get this shite all season now. Brace yourselves.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Really good of Carlo Ancelotti to come out and publicly apologise on behalf of Everton FC for the world's greatest defenders injury. Thoughts and prayers were going to Liverpool and Van Dijk, spent the majority of his press conference fielding questions about it so hopefully we can begin to move on from the tragedy now.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Nice gesture by Ajax last night to score a tribute own goal on behalf of Liverpool and the global football community last night. Let’s hope their future opponents follow their example.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
where can I find the GoFundMe link set up to help VVD through this difficult time?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Really good of Carlo Ancelotti to come out and publicly apologise on behalf of Everton FC for the world's greatest defenders injury. Thoughts and prayers were going to Liverpool and Van Dijk, spent the majority of his press conference fielding questions about it so hopefully we can begin to move on from the tragedy now.
You're on point today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here