Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Just getting the goals out of his system before he joins us as he knows scoring is not a Brighton thing

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lech Poznań are on the brink of being dumped out of the Europa League with defeat to Liege yesterday. Whilst not mathematically out of the competition, they can’t realistically progress now.

That means that we’ll probably be seeing the exciting Moder in a Brighton shirt (number 15) in just over a month.

This could be a great safety net for the club and allow for the transfer of White to Liverpool if they are willing to pay the £50m+ that the club will demand. A great financial shot in the arm when Covid is causing so much financial pain.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Lech Poznań are on the brink of being dumped out of the Europa League with defeat to Liege yesterday. Whilst not mathematically out of the competition, they can’t realistically progress now.

That means that we’ll probably be seeing the exciting Moder in a Brighton shirt (number 15) in just over a month.

This could be a great safety net for the club and allow for the transfer of White to Liverpool if they are willing to pay the £50m+ that the club will demand. A great financial shot in the arm when Covid is causing so much financial pain.
I think it'll mean Davy Pröpper ( currently being kept in cotton wool for the transfer window ? ) will be off.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think we'll cash in on White in January. We can bring Moder back into the fold (with Propper sitting around waiting for a chance to play as well) and we have centre backs throughout the club ready to step in. Is White better than all of them? Yes, of course - but that's why we'll get that fee and frankly, why keep him? We've got plenty of players good enough for what we want to achieve and we could do with the money.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think we'll cash in on White in January. We can bring Moder back into the fold (with Propper sitting around waiting for a chance to play as well) and we have centre backs throughout the club ready to step in. Is White better than all of them? Yes, of course - but that's why we'll get that fee and frankly, why keep him? We've got plenty of players good enough for what we want to achieve and we could do with the money.

We are in no rush to sell White, no one is banging the door down to buy him, most clubs are seeing how he is coping with the step up and they know we will develop him in the right way, rather than buying him, and farming him out again to develop. We don't need the money, really don't get the idea we should cash in on him, we will get far more money the further along in his development he can get.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

Well that’s great news and I’m looking forward to seeing Modor play, but excuse me? What’s Ben White got to do with this? A complete different sort of player.

And why would we sell for £50m when he’s just signed a new contract? Are we now a championship club again?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We are in no rush to sell White, no one is banging the door down to buy him, most clubs are seeing how he is coping with the step up and they know we will develop him in the right way, rather than buying him, and farming him out again to develop. We don't need the money, really don't get the idea we should cash in on him, we will get far more money the further along in his development he can get.

Yes quite exactly.

It’s really fascinating this Ben White topic, I remember at the end of last season there were many posters rubbing their hands and more than happy to “cash in” on Leeds first £20m offer. I remember having a few arguments with some who thought I was mad for not wanting to sell at that amount.

I think it shows that we still have a slight Championship club mentality within our fan base. And I say that with peace and love.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Yes quite exactly.

It’s really fascinating this Ben White topic, I remember at the end of last season there were many posters rubbing their hands and more than happy to “cash in” on Leeds first £20m offer. I remember having a few arguments with some who thought I was mad for not wanting to sell at that amount.

I think it shows that we still have a slight Championship club mentality within our fan base. And I say that with peace and love.

Personally, I think we will cash in on Ben White. Partly because of Covid and the losses - getting £50m for him would be a very positive boost to the coffers. Selling him wouldn't leave us short because of the planning which has gone into assembling the squad. And selling White, although he's our best young player, isn't a barrier to the stated ambition of being a top 10 club. Dunk and Webster have years in them at this level, we have players out on loan all over the place and players in our u23 and u18 squads we believe are going to develop and become first team players. I think we can have confidence in the squad building decisions being made within the club are making us better and if White is sold for top dollar (more than doubling our current record sale value, probably being closer to 3 or even 4 times as much) it will be a sound business decision without stunting our own short and long term on the pitch ambitions.

That's just my perspective on it, I can see the argument for selling and the argument for keeping him doesn't really need stating.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Personally, I think we will cash in on Ben White. Partly because of Covid and the losses - getting £50m for him would be a very positive boost to the coffers. Selling him wouldn't leave us short because of the planning which has gone into assembling the squad. And selling White, although he's our best young player, isn't a barrier to the stated ambition of being a top 10 club. Dunk and Webster have years in them at this level, we have players out on loan all over the place and players in our u23 and u18 squads we believe are going to develop and become first team players. I think we can have confidence in the squad building decisions being made within the club are making us better and if White is sold for top dollar (more than doubling our current record sale value, probably being closer to 3 or even 4 times as much) it will be a sound business decision without stunting our own short and long term on the pitch ambitions.

That's just my perspective on it, I can see the argument for selling and the argument for keeping him doesn't really need stating.

I see where your coming from, but I would be really surprised if we sold him in Jan. More likely in the summer if he keeps getting better.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well that’s great news and I’m looking forward to seeing Modor play, but excuse me? What’s Ben White got to do with this? A complete different sort of player.

And why would we sell for £50m when he’s just signed a new contract? Are we now a championship club again?

White has been playing Moder’s midfield position in a lot of games recently, there is certainly a similarity but I’m not going to label Moder as a defender.

With regards to selling White, I don’t advocate it but I’m talking about an offer we can’t refuse. A transfer like Van Dijk to Liverpool , Slab-Head/Wan-Bissaka to Manure. Maybe £50m is way too low, who knows, but Liverpool (unlike Leeds) can afford to find Tony’s price. If the fee is closer to £100m, we just can’t turn that down. I’d be shocked if Liverpool don’t pick up a Centre Back in January; White is a player that they’d at least consider.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
White has been playing Moder’s midfield position in a lot of games recently, there is certainly a similarity but I’m not going to label Moder as a defender.

With regards to selling White, I don’t advocate it but I’m talking about an offer we can’t refuse. A transfer like Van Dijk to Liverpool , Slab-Head/Wan-Bissaka to Manure. Maybe £50m is way too low, who knows, but Liverpool (unlike Leeds) can afford to find Tony’s price. If the fee is closer to £100m, we just can’t turn that down. I’d be shocked if Liverpool don’t pick up a Centre Back in January; White is a player that they’d at least consider.

Liverpool (or anyone else) won't pay anything like what we would insist on.

Back onto Jakub please

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Have you examined our accounts to know this?

And why would we sell White, one of our most promising players when we have other peripheral players who aren’t involved in the squad who we could sell first?

So let’s break this down.

Every club has been hit by covid. I think Proper is first in line to be sold, and I expect a deals been made already hence we haven’t seen him. Also we have AJ on the sidelines, then the likes of Molumby, loaned players out. So if cash is urgently needed (and I see no evidence to back this up) there are objectively plenty of players who can be sold before White.

And not to mention we have had tremendous outlay of players already in the past few months. Mooy, Knocky, Dale, Glenn, Shane.

So I don’t see how one could be so certain we “have to” sell Ben White. But I’m not surprised to hear this. Plenty are keen to sell one of most promising young players for some reason.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

Ah, well if you’re talking an offer you can refuse that’s different.

As much as we love Lamptey, if Bayern offered £80m that would be a done deal.

£50m, as crazy as it sounds, is market value for Ben as a young English talent. That would be the starting point. And as a businessman I’d expect Tony to need more to sell. As an asset he can still increase in value.

I’m not so sure if Liverpool would be keen to pay that actually, given they balked at paying £20m for the young Norwich left back. Maybe in a couple of seasons I can see this move happening.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Ah, well if you’re talking an offer you can refuse that’s different.

As much as we love Lamptey, if Bayern offered £80m that would be a done deal.

£50m, as crazy as it sounds, is market value for Ben as a young English talent. That would be the starting point. And as a businessman I’d expect Tony to need more to sell. As an asset he can still increase in value.

I’m not so sure if Liverpool would be keen to pay that actually, given they balked at paying £20m for the young Norwich left back. Maybe in a couple of seasons I can see this move happening.

What is crazy about those numbers is that the possible combined sale of two players could be a similar amount to the cost of building both The Amex and the training facility.
Admittedly a lot of If's, But's and Maybe's but it's still totally bonkers.

It's a real skill knowing when to cash in your chips.

Stumpy Tim

It wouldn´t surprise me massively if Liverpool came in for White, and for 50-60 million he could well leave. I´m excited by the replacement we already have for him playing in Holland - van Hecke. He´s getting really good reviews apparently

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tony Bloom has shown he doesn't sell, especially during January.

Everybody has a price, clearly no club has yet met TB’s on any players since Ulloa, and that was daylight robbery. Shame we chose COG as the bargain basement replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here