Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reda Khadra

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Hope to see more of Khadra. With one of his first touches he ran straight at the defence, Zinchenko just backed off & backed off not really knowing what to do. None of this tippy tappy around the edge of the box stuff.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hope to see more of Khadra. With one of his first touches he ran straight at the defence, Zinchenko just backed off & backed off not really knowing what to do. None of this tippy tappy around the edge of the box stuff.

This is what we are missing, someone just running at the opposition defence. Hopefully Tau and later Khadra can rectify this

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On board with what you say. But he has been an expensive abject failure, so I am a long, long way from being a big fan. Time for us to cash our chips, get whatever we can for him and kick him off our payroll.

Absolutely. Should have gone in the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely. Should have gone in the summer.

With all the new people coming in (Khedra, Moder, Zeqiri and the lad from Ecuador whose name I haven't learnt to spell yet), or getting near to the first team (Sanders, Molumby in the summer) and the youngsters establishing themselves (Alzate, Connolly) there isn't going to be a place for Jahanbakhsh anyway.

Make us an offer, somebody!

Jimmy Grimble

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
For some reason this has really angered me. This is a young player on his first game time with us. I know it's "a joke" but I do hope young Khadra doesn't see this. You are a bellend mate.

Get you! It’s technically my 13 year old son who is the bellend. I’ll go take the bitch to the little ******* :nono:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
With all the new people coming in (Khedra, Moder, Zeqiri and the lad from Ecuador whose name I haven't learnt to spell yet), or getting near to the first team (Sanders, Molumby in the summer) and the youngsters establishing themselves (Alzate, Connolly) there isn't going to be a place for Jahanbakhsh anyway.

Make us an offer, somebody!

Anybody!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Yep not been playing for the u23 recently as carrying an injury and as reported probably out for rest of the season.

Obviously needs more game time but I do think he has a realistic chance of playing in the first team next season , he’s powerful & holds the ball up well and with a bit more polish & experience could be a very good prospect .

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yep not been playing for the u23 recently as carrying an injury and as reported probably out for rest of the season.

Obviously needs more game time but I do think he has a realistic chance of playing in the first team next season , he’s powerful & holds the ball up well and with a bit more polish & experience could be a very good prospect .

Hopefully replaces Ali J in the squad next season.

If he only gets as much game time as Ali J., I doubt he'll be any better than Ali J.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If he only gets as much game time as Ali J., I doubt he'll be any better than Ali J.

I have to say, I've been a fan of Jahanbakhsh and a generous defender of the man's honour.

But Khadra's industry and enthusiasm in his short cameo at Man City made me think about how little impact Alireza has on matches when he has come on. Yes, I think he's out of position at times and misused but ultimately Khadra came on and got on the ball, made things happen and showed us more than I can reasonably suggest Ali J would have done. And I say that as a fan. It just hasn't worked out for him here, but I'm certain he'll do really well wherever he goes next.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have to say, I've been a fan of Jahanbakhsh and a generous defender of the man's honour.

But Khadra's industry and enthusiasm in his short cameo at Man City made me think about how little impact Alireza has on matches when he has come on. Yes, I think he's out of position at times and misused but ultimately Khadra came on and got on the ball, made things happen and showed us more than I can reasonably suggest Ali J would have done. And I say that as a fan. It just hasn't worked out for him here, but I'm certain he'll do really well wherever he goes next.

if Ali J moves on in the summer as we probably all expect, I hope you are right on all counts. I don't think we have got the best out of him and I do like Khadra from both the Mn City game and what I saw in the Dev squad where he impressed.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Khadra looked very impressing in the u23’s also, scored a great goal if I remember. Agreed he seemed to relish his opportunity vs City and showed a lot of drive and pace.

There was a time where AJ could say he wasn’t given an opportunity (and I agreed with that). Don’t think that’s the case anymore, and although he’s a lovely guy he’s no longer a young player, he’s hit his ceiling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here